Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:30:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you tell someone close about this site who'm might need it?  (Read 410 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 24, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »

Today at work, my coworkers/friends caught up, as I havent worked at this store in a while. They knew about my r/s with my BPDpEx. I told them how she had BPD.

My coworker/friend, who i saw the other day with his gf. I did suspect something when I saw her/met her that night.

He told me her gf has it, and how one night he caught her with a knife in the kitchen. But that was a while ago and they are better now. he doesnt know much about BPD, but i did talk to him and if he ever needed to talk or have questions to feel free. And how ive been studying BPD/my past relationship the past few months.

Would you tell a love one who might be in a similar situation about this site?
Tobiasfunke

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

Yes. I have referred a friend to this site. I feel it helped her . Specifically the boards and it’s many great members. When you read “your story” being posted almost word for word, it’s surreal and shocking but also comforting that you aren’t alone. That “this is my relationship “ moment we all have when we finally find our selves here.

Many of us on here felt our relationships were unique or special. And maybe in some cases they were. But the dysfunction and abuse and codependence and all the other crappy aspects of them were very much text book borderline relationships. The recycling. The out of this world highs and the awful discards were all very similar.

I feel the boards were very helpful in getting me through my lowest points. I think posting on here was also therapeutic for my friend. I don’t know how a person who has BPD would react to this site.

Some people adjusted well or went to therapy or were just stronger emotionally and maybe they didn’t need this site. But for the rest of us who didn’t get out soon enough. Who didn’t dodge the bullet. Who have families with or are family members to a person unfortunate enough to have this disorder this site can be a lifesaver.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:35:15 AM »

Hi CryWolf,

I’d definitely recommend this online support group to someone who was looking for information, support, insight, etc. If the person wasn’t asking for any of that, I might just say that if they ever needed it, I know a good place to go for support. 

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

Relationship status: Dissolved

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 05:53:07 AM »

Absolutely! I have already recommended it to a couple people. One of which I know it helped tremendously.

“Adversity can destroy you, or become your best seller.”
-a new friend
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 12:22:02 PM »

id personally recommend this site to anyone who is or has been in a dysfunctional romantic or familial relationship. dysfunctional relationships have a lot of universal qualities to them, and the tools i learned here work with everyone.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest