Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 02:29:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It was all a lie.  (Read 458 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 01, 2018, 03:19:06 AM »

Hey all. I’ve been extremely busy with work and hanging out with a group of people I met.

Tonight we had a kick back and my ex’s exes friends were there. They are my friends too. We were talking and my exBPd got brought up. One of the guys told me how they dated in hs for a little but he didn’t pursue it in high school.

The other guy, who knew about me Andi knew of him before told me how he was friends with her out of pity. How she was always alone didn’t have anyone. How she used to tell him “I never been here or there like McDonald’s or Burger King”... I told him she’s did the same with me. Exactly the same ducking thing so I always took her places and try new things.

He told me how something wasn’t right with her and she would just snap out of nowhere. How she lied so many times about so many things and he’d catch her in her lies.

How when he used to pick her up, she used to tell him to drive up the street so her parents wouldn’t see. She did the same ___ with me.

I brought up this time my ex told me that they both went on a hike and he took pics of her on Snapchat and she freaked out. I asked him for his side and he told me. I told him the same thing she did  with me. How she was incredibly insecure to Be posted on social media. Yet she did with this new guy she dated.

The dude also told me her ex was never abusive and that was all a lie.

I finally made a group of friends in this state, Nd my damn ex is involved with them... or was involved.

I’m not sure how I feel about This information. It broke me. But I also feel desensitizes to it. I’m not surprised. But I’m also hurt in a way I can’t explain. I thought I was special I guess.
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:48:56 AM »

Hi CryWolf,

You are special! But the reality is she is the same person with the same issues walking around in the world and she expresses her needs and has trouble getting them met. She is in a lot of pain and doesn't seem to do well with relationships - that is part of the illness.

But the good news is you have some fun new friends to hang out with!

Keep depersonalizing. You, and likely all these people, were special to her in some way so don't let your mind disassemble like this if ya can.

I know everyone I dated was special to me, but also, life does go on. They likely do nice things for new gals they once did for me. I just hope I left 'em a little better off than when I met 'em, and didn't damage any! It's okay for people to learn and grow and take things they've learned onto the next phases of their lives.

On the point of her ex not being abusive I think it is hard to say. Is she telling people different versions of this? Even in this case it could just be about her not processing it well. She may very well have been abused or mistreated. It is not an easy topic under any circumstance. Unless she outright lied to you and you have proof, perhaps best to just let it set in the unknown box of life labelled "Unknown" and not let it throw you off. This is when practicing letting go is worth a shot.

wishing you peace, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Shawnlam

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating since 11/18. Trying to recover from 3 breakups

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:50:43 PM »

Hey all. I’ve been extremely busy with work and hanging out with a group of people I met.

Tonight we had a kick back and my ex’s exes friends were there. They are my friends too. We were talking and my exBPd got brought up. One of the guys told me how they dated in hs for a little but he didn’t pursue it in high school.

The other guy, who knew about me Andi knew of him before told me how he was friends with her out of pity. How she was always alone didn’t have anyone. How she used to tell him “I never been here or there like McDonald’s or Burger King”... I told him she’s did the same with me. Exactly the same ducking thing so I always took her places and try new things.

He told me how something wasn’t right with her and she would just snap out of nowhere. How she lied so many times about so many things and he’d catch her in her lies.

How when he used to pick her up, she used to tell him to drive up the street so her parents wouldn’t see. She did the same ___ with me.

I brought up this time my ex told me that they both went on a hike and he took pics of her on Snapchat and she freaked out. I asked him for his side and he told me. I told him the same thing she did  with me. How she was incredibly insecure to Be posted on social media. Yet she did with this new guy she dated.

The dude also told me her ex was never abusive and that was all a lie.

I finally made a group of friends in this state, Nd my damn ex is involved with them... or was involved.

I’m not sure how I feel about This information. It broke me. But I also feel desensitizes to it. I’m not surprised. But I’m also hurt in a way I can’t explain. I thought I was special I guess.

Well I can relate to your story Crywolf and here are some of those things similar to yours .To be honest I don’t know why they lie so much ,even with no sense of self lieing doesn’t seem required .It hurts badly when you think those I love you’s , those your different , comments from them only to find they lied.Even if it’s after months later ,still hurts to hear .Dont take it personally Crywolf ,they have to live that way ,we don’t !

Here are some of the lies I found out afterwards:

1:she slept with only three people at work (it was 9).
2: she only ever said “I love you” to three men in her life me being one of them ... .it was minimum 6 some 1 week relationship
3: she said she never talked to her ex before the previous one , he spent the weekend with her the weekend she left me .

I could go on all day but I posted just so you know you aren’t alone man,far from it.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest