Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:02:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it always the right decision to stay in NC?  (Read 1127 times)
gotbushels

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 07:52:17 AM »

Yes it still bothers me, because I am still trying to figure out, if she really has fundamentally changed and would be a good girilfriend for me now.
No worries.    I see. Mm yes I appreciate a bit of what this might be like. I asked myself this a lot in assessing whether I would get back together with my ex, before the 'final' ending. Something that helped me is to ask myself what's most important to me, about her, that I want in a relationship. That could make the 'fundamental' easier for you to figure out.

But these kind of thoughts show me something more worth. I need to work harder on me, myself and my self-worth.
I think asking questions of yourself as I suggested will contribute to your inventory. It'll probably add to your worth because you'll get clarity as to what you want in a partner, that's linked to what you think you can bring. If you're not where you want to be (a lot of people feel this way), then moving forward it will show you where you'll probably want to work on yourself.

And I need to have better women in my life, so I can forget her easier.
While having more choice will help you, I think it's also about setting yourself up so your possibilities are closer to where you want them. I think it's counterproductive to look for more women if you're going to have the same pot with x% of probably-BP females. So I encourage you to work on yourself (work, hobbies, emotional health, etc.) so your pot of women resembles something closer to what you want--that's taking advantage of what Kerr and Bowen shared about people tending to match with "complementarity".

Enjoy your peace.   
spero

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

*beep beep!*

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its posting limit and is now locked. Please feel free to continue the conversation in a new thread. Thank you for your participation.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest