Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 03:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: « Lack of object constancy - the borderline and narcissistic trait that is...  (Read 580 times)
Chitchat

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Romantic (on - off) August 2017 to June 2018. DV. Both reached out but both mostly No Contact since.

« on: September 06, 2018, 08:02:31 PM »

... .never mentioned.»

Been trying hard a long time to get my head round the borderline narcissistic traits comorbidity. Struggling, but this
https://youtu.be/uunT2JV5EtM helped. Paste the above thread title in YouTube search if the link doesn't work.

In the first frame I swear the feet and shoes are hers.

The faces in the first frame are like hers in most of the photos I have of her, where she conceals her face (expression).

The music is about right for the sadness I feel.

Last frame : 'When people do leave, never to return, after a while it's as if they were never in their life. They have memories of experiences of people, but no emotional connection to the memories.'

I want to break no contact because the BPD wants to be friends, but fear the narc is in control.

Che sara, sara.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »

this is obviously a complex situation. the last the two of you saw each other was a dv episode, fought since, and are in different countries.

its really important to get a nuanced understanding of what direction you want to try to take this in, dont wing it.

whats happened in the last week? are the two of you speaking? what led her from blocking to wanting to be friends? and are you still pursuing reporting her?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Chitchat

Relationship status: Romantic (on - off) August 2017 to June 2018. DV. Both reached out but both mostly No Contact since.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

She wanted to be friends before the separation 3 months ago, and I said no. Here I'm just sharing my sadness, feeling I should reach out just as a friend but not yet.

(And sharing a possible insight into parallel extremes of dysregulation and calculation?)

Che sara, sara.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »

have you changed your mind from wanting to report her to wanting to be friends? both?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Chitchat

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »

To be honest, I had been hoping people would forget about that thread, now that it's been bumped off the board

Che sara, sara.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest