Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 06:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorcing, seeking learning and understanding  (Read 386 times)
Idahohusband
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:17 AM »

Read the book "Stop Walking on Egg Shells".  It was like a biography of the last 5 years of my life.  It's wasn't 100% correlated to my life, but it certainly wasn't far off.  I'm in the middle of a divorce with this person and it wasn't until I stepped away that I truly appreciated and started seeking others for what had happened.  There were signs.  I did a lot right and I could of done a lot better.  When I stepped away from the situation I realized I had missed opportunities.  I had a well know knowledgeable counselor tell me that my situation sounded like I was married to someone with BPD nearly 2 years ago.  I couldn't get her to him, so I encouraged her to go to others. I wish I had started my journey for answers then.  After we split up and I felt comfortable to open up to some close friends the information and resources people pointed me to all were about BPD.  Once I started researching and reading information about BPD it was shocking.  Again it was like someone had videotaped my life and wrote a book, article or did a video about my life. I am in the early process of seeking help to reinforce the good habits I have learned or have and improve the areas that which present themselves for greatest opportunity for improvement. This is all I am going to write for now, because there is so much I am learning and trying to understand.  
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »

Hey Idahohusband,Welcome!  Your story is quite familiar and you are not alone, believe me.  I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.  Many of us have been down this path before you.  At what stage is your divorce?  How long were you married?  It sounds like you learned about BPD from a "knowledgeable counselor" and have done a lot of reading on the subject, including SWOE.   Are you still seeing this T?  How are you feeling about your post-BPD life?  What are your greatest challenges at present?  How can we help?

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:07:30 PM »

Hi Idahohusband,

Oh! Sorry you didn't get this information sooner! I think a lot of us feel this way! If we had just known sooner it could perhaps have made such a difference. But it sounds like you are making the best of where you are in the present and open to learning - that should serve you well as go on in life.

What sorts of things have you been learning and want to reinforce?

wishing you the best, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest