Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 05:30:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Envy of my Hospitalized wife? And guilty. A Letter I never sent  (Read 440 times)
silencedPartner

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »

This is what I’m feeling:

Sad, lonely hurt rejected, devalued. Hopeful, proud of your efforts and of my openness with my suffering, grateful for friends family and children. Scared. Very very scared.

Completely overwhelmed, uncertain, certain, under a mile of water. In need of intimacy. Of a hug lasting 5 minutes. Of the feeling of skin on my skin. Scared to ask for any of those things doubtful that if I got them they’ll  help anyway.

Excited to see how much better you’re doing worried it won’t last.

Like I am treading water with a cannonball ties to my leg.

I am deeply embarrassed that I envy you. Your solitude. Your time to focus on yourself. That every interaction with the kids or friends is special that you can hag hup your phone And by doing so go back to your hospital world. I envy that the only responsiblity you have right now is to yourself and your health.

I am cooking Mac and cheese and its so hard. Then bath time and books and snuggles.You do have an escape. You are responsible to no one but your self right now. And I will NEVER get to step away. Because if it’s not the kids it’s work. And if it’s not work I need to be there for you. If I walked away for even 24hours I would be a man who walked out on his children. Thats despicable and I cant be that.

But when you need it you got away and it was courageous and right and I don’t envy your pain or disease. Just your ability to escape for a minute.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Beneck

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Brave heart. Braver brain.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:15:15 PM »

Hey silencedPartner

Others here are far more experienced and can help you far more than I can. I'd like to add that your "envy" is natural it really appears like the situation has taken a toll on you.

Is any sort of vacation an option. Maybe taking 7 days off work and having a parent take care of the kids for those 7 days. It may not be feasible or sensible, but self-care IS important!
desperate.wife

Relationship status: Married 3 years, together - 15.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:27:51 AM »

I envy my husband going for smoke 5 times a day. He has his self-time. I don't have luxury of just leaving my kid. But hey, then I concentrate what I enjoy, I enjoy spending time with her. We can go for a walk together. I concentrate on what I can do, not on what I can't. I imagine if it were just two of us, how would I feel? Then there wouldn't be any one to raise my expectations for help and I would just enjoy what I do.

I know it can be hard and self-time is needed. We just need to find a way.

Just wanted to say I understand how you feel.

DW
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 11:21:06 PM »

I hear you, and am sorry for your pain and the overwhelming nature of the load you are carrying.  You feel a heavy sense of responsibility.  What if you were to consider your own well being as a sacred responsibility?  You need to be healthy to be there for your children.  How freeing, how rejuvenating might it be to get away for just four hours, to have someone else handle dinner and bedtime for one evening?  Do you have any relatives, friends, or babysitters who could give you a break if you made it a priority?  Do you have friends you could go out with?  A movie you'd like to see on your own?  Perhaps go get a massage for some healing touch?

RC
silencedPartner

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:34:32 AM »

thank you for the encouragement. I am going to do something for myself. I even have a therapy appointment on wednesday.
sotiredofthis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:58:21 AM »

I get where you are coming from!

I have to remind myself that oxygen-masking is important. If I'm falling apart, my kids, spouse, home, cats, job, none of them will get what they need. So I prioritize me time. During the work day, going on a walk or taking a scooter ride. Also a lunch break alone sometimes or with friends if that is what I need. A mental health day off from work but not with family or kids is also a possibility for me. I hope you can find some ways to add self-care back into your life!

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 03:06:02 PM »

I am going to do something for myself. I even have a therapy appointment on wednesday.

good for you sP! i hope youll let us know how it goes.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest