Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 03:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saw FB pic of X  (Read 366 times)
Drs204

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 04, 2018, 07:59:50 PM »

Saw a picture of my XgfwBPD today on FB. She has me blocked... .

Was scrolling through a local aircraft spotter's page, as I am a member, also in aviation as well for work as a mechanic, and saw a name that looked familiar. The thread was about a crash that occurred today elsewhere in the country and someone was stating in the thread that it should not even exist as it was not our airport.

The name of the person protesting looked vaguely familiar. As I was on my phone and couldn't quite make out the pic I clicked on it. And there was the individual, with my X hanging off his shoulder. The date of the profile pic update was the very same day that I knew this relationship now existed, as my X had blocked me and I found out through a friend who send a screenshot of my X's page announcing a new relationship with this individual.

It was a WOW moment. All the gross feelings came back. Here she was smiling in the camera hanging off his shoulder, 2 days into a relationship, barely a week after she met the guy. I do wonder how long she was "talking" with him, and how she met the guy.

I remember on one of the last times I spent with her, she stated "I am a bad person" and i asked her why but she would not say. I wonder if she was then talking with him, or had put up a dating profile on a dating website. That is how she met her late husband. I can't see how she met him any other way as she simply did not have time (which is why she broke up with me as she didn't "have time for a r/s with the new job and the kids").  Then barely a month later blocks me on FB and is in a new r/s.

I did ask her if she wanted a r/s again why didn't she come back to me? Which she never answered. She called me a horrible evil person in one of the last texts before blocking my number as she has never answered a text since. She may have been "reflecting" or whatever that is at that moment. Maybe she really is a horrible, evil B@tch herself; not how I want to remember her or call her however it may be the truth. But if she truly has BPD she may not even know she is like that? Does she know? Does she do these things with full knowledge of what she is doing or not really?

Feeling like crap tonight. I scrolled through some of his pics, he is a body builder and seems quite full of  himself. Wow. Big guy too. I am maybe 165 soaking wet !

Just one of those UGH days. I was doing OK lately until now.

I am sure she is BPD due to what I now know of BPD and her behaviors. I was hoping she may come back when that r/s inevitably fails, but now I am thinking it is best for me to just walk away. Chalk it up to life experience and move on.

Speaking of moving on; a new girl at work. She is late 30's and single, I am mid 40's. Got chatting with her; she mentioned how she would go flying with her dad on some of his trips in the aircraft working at such and such a place. I had worked at that same place. I asked if he flew water bombers at that place. Yes he did. Then I asked what his name was... .and I knew him! I flew with him 20 years ago! It was a Holy Crap moment! I worked on his plane. I recounted a story of him having an engine blow up on the DC-4 at a particular place.

She came to me today and said that she told him about me, and that he remembered me after all these years! He is in his 80's now.

So ya, hope for something new, maybe. But I am very cautious now. OK, what is a very cute lady doing single at her age? Is she bat-poop crazy or maybe BPD or something? Ugh.  Probably divorced, (as am I) so maybe she is still recovering or something. She mentioned she has no children, nor do I. Wants to live in a cabin in the woods and is not a city person (as am I... .and we high fived at that... .). I guess a good point is that I have already met her dad!  

But anyway. Very emotional up and down day today. At least I have 4 days off now to process it all.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »

But anyway. Very emotional up and down day today. At least I have 4 days off now to process it all.

Hi Drs204

Is the gross feelings coming back linked to disgust or could it be anxiety related.

I found it hard at the time I similarly stumbled by accident into an updated profile pic of my ex, after leaving her 3 months prior - it was the first time I felt nausea at seeing her and I couldnt understand why. It wasnt disgust but it triggered some underlying anxiety that had existed for a long time into the r/s but id never fully appreciated it at the time.

I can see how being called evil and a horrible person but without any reason for it can lead to the confusion and finding it hard to process and a lot of these questions you have mushrooming up.

At the same time, id like to encourage you to see this potential n/r by putting what youve just been through to one side and judge it on its own merits. There is no rush here and if anxiety spiked at this moment, it can amplify a great many things in our thoughts moreso than if it wasnt there. Its understandable to be cautious after the experience but can alter an objective sense of perspective at the same time. Enjoy your days off and id suggest not trying to solve too much where it becomes a case of having to just go through guesswork. When I stumbled across the picture I was fortunate to have a lot of work and distractions that made me forget it after no more than a couple of days.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »

Hi Drs04,

Quote from: Drs204
I spent with her, she stated "I am a bad person" and i asked her why but she would not say. I wonder if she was then talking with him, or had put up a dating profile on a dating website

You’re probably right.

But if she truly has BPD she may not even know she is like that? Does she know? Does she do these things with full knowledge of what she is doing or not really?

I’m sorry that you went through this experience and found the new guy on FB with her that has sting really bad.

Only a professional can give her a diagnosis maybe she has it maybe she doesn’t maybe she has it with many overlapping mental illnesses.  What matters is how the BPD traits affect your r/s with her? How do her behaviors affect you? Is it a positive or negative experience most of the time?

Think about growing up in the world around you those early experiences are a part of you later on in life how easily can you differentiate your experience that’s normal to you vs one that’s abnormal? This is what you know you’re programmed this way to you it’s normal she may not know that she has a mental illness yes the behaviors are driven by the disorder but it’s not carte blanche for her if you have a mental illness you still have a responsibility to get better.

She came to me today and said that she told him about me, and that he remembered me after all these years! He is in his 80's now.

Wow that’s pretty cool!

Quote from: Cromwell
At the same time, id like to encourage you to see this potential n/r by putting what youve just been through to one side and judge it on its own merits. There is no rush here and if anxiety spiked at this moment, it can amplify a great many things in our thoughts moreso than if it wasnt there. Its understandable to be cautious after the experience but can alter an objective sense of perspective at the same time.

I agree with Cromwell I’ll give you the same advice as my T gave to me work through this stuff, process it, grieve it but have some fun too. You have something in common and if you enjoy each other’s company or conversations why not do it again? Maybe it’s not going to a r/s you’ll have to find out what her story is by getting to know her hold off judging her until then but if anything there’s you could make a new friend.

How are you feeling today?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Chynna

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »

Hi Drs204,  Do you really think that people who are permanently attached to another is a negative thing? For myself, I knew at a fairly young age I didn't want that for myself. Just seemed like women got the crappy end of the stick when it came to marriage. One out of two ends in failure these days. I've had 4 serious relationships in my lifetime, the last being with  ( unbeknowst to me til it was  too late) exbfwBPD. It's all such a crapshoot. So, today I'm single, still healing from my r/s, but I've managed to provide for myself everything  being married may have given to me... .without the work required when married. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. For me r/s's simply ran their course.  What a  beautiful concept to be legally linked to another person for a lifetime! Seems like a fairytale these days. For some it works swimmingly. I agree with Once Removed... .we are meant to be sociable creatures but even that means different things to different people. When I feel ready, I hope there will be someone out there ready for me too. Living on your own can be a challenge. It's so much nicer to share ( with the right person). Have a little faith(?).
Chynna

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 02:31:51 PM »

Sorry ... .first sentence should have an 'aren't' in there instead of 'are'.
Drs204

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »

Excerpt
Do you really think that people who are permanently attached to another is a negative thing?
I am fairly traditional, it is how I was raised. I do think it's a good thing to have someone in your life who is always a part of it.

Excerpt
I agree with Cromwell I’ll give you the same advice as my T gave to me work through this stuff, process it, grieve it but have some fun too. You have something in common and if you enjoy each other’s company or conversations why not do it again? Maybe it’s not going to a r/s you’ll have to find out what her story is by getting to know her hold off judging her until then but if anything there’s you could make a new friend.
Ya I think she may be worth at least having a lunch date with! She is a very busy gal though with two jobs so it may be difficult but we shall see. I am thinking of going through my pictures as I believe I have pictures of her dad. Actually on my wall are pictures of his aircraft on a practice run dropping a load of fire retardant and he is the captain of it.

She said she is not a city girl (yay, I am not a city boy) and she wants a cabin in the woods. Yay, it is what I want too so I high fived her right then! At least she has goals and wants; my xgfwBPD could not articulate any dreams, goals, wants or anything like that. 

It may not lead to anything but maybe make a new friend if nothing else.

Excerpt
Only a professional can give her a diagnosis maybe she has it maybe she doesn’t maybe she has it with many overlapping mental illnesses.  What matters is how the BPD traits affect your r/s with her? How do her behaviors affect you? Is it a positive or negative experience most of the time?

She is not diagnosed, or never told me. She said something once to the effect of "I am not normal". So she knew something was up, or she knew and never told me. She had high anxiety about 90% of the time. OCD as well, bit bipolar sometimes too, or maybe it was the BPD or co-morbid bi-polar. My X-wife was bi-polar so I know a bit of it, and she was similar some of the time. 

A thing with my xgfwBPD is she would stonewall. That was a common thing she would do. Just shut down communication. From 200 normal texts a day to 10. It might last a day or two, a week, and one time 6 weeks. I would wonder if we were still a thing or broken up or what. I didn't know what was going on. It was hell.

A lot of the time, I would say it was not a positive experience. Before we were actually "dating" it was really good. After we became "official" after a time it seemed to go downhill. More anxiety. She was often crude and insulting about things. Made me wonder.

Excerpt
Think about growing up in the world around you those early experiences are a part of you later on in life how easily can you differentiate your experience that’s normal to you vs one that’s abnormal? This is what you know you’re programmed this way to you it’s normal she may not know that she has a mental illness yes the behaviors are driven by the disorder but it’s not carte blanche for her if you have a mental illness you still have a responsibility to get better.

From what I know of her, early childhood was emotionally rough as her parents divorced at 3. That means all the pre-divorce stuff happened when she was a toddler, infant, or even pre-birth. She would pick up on the toxic things occuring between her parents and probably had a lot to do with reduced emotional growth; which as I understand BPD, is exactly what it is: underdeveloped emotions.

Her dad died she was 15 and her husband passed away she was 27. So there is a lot of abandonment from men in her life via death. She had a series of relationships in her teens after her dad passed. From what i am learning of BPD, I think this is almost a classic case. Now I am no psychiatrist so really I can't say.

I think she knows she has something but is not doing anything about it. I encouraged her to go for grief counselling as I thought a lot of it was a result of that. It probably didn't help but I think the main issue is BPD or some such thing. She knows it. I told her several times to get help. Once she said she would, but then never acted on it. Ultimately she can only help herself.

I know her current r/s will fail. Maybe then she will get help. More than likely move on to the next guy. It seems she can't be alone and must be in a r/s. Serial monogamy I think it is called. She may contact me when it is over, but I doubt it now.

I do not hate her, if anything I pity her. I do love her on some level yes as I don't hate her. But I need to leave it at that and move on. I need to look after myself.

Excerpt
How are you feeling today?
Not too bad today. Yesterday I went for a drive and geocaching; as that is something I like doing and had not done much while in the r/s with her. I need to do things like that, get out of the city for a while. Today did some running around. Tomorrow I may dig through my pictures to see if I can find the ones of the new gal's dad from years ago. I will show her and maybe see about a lunch date.

Cromwell
`

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:45:25 PM »

im glad that you are doing stuff other than ruminate - it sounds like you are on a really good path.

as normal a life as possible to moe on worked for me but it took time to not feel apprenensive, anxious and slightly jaded when i started dating afterwards
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »

Go with the new woman.  Sounds promising, even it turns out obly friends.  It sounds like there may be seeds for more than that though.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Drs204

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »

Excerpt
im glad that you are doing stuff other than ruminate - it sounds like you are on a really good path.

Well I hope so anyway. Took me a few months to figure it all out, there was lots of ruminating early on, and there still is sometimes. Not as much as before though so I hope that is a good sign.  It's been 5 months today since the breakup. It was a 2 year r/s. I figure by the 6-7 month mark I should be done with  it I hope.

There is always the what-ifs of course. But you can drive yourself mad over that. I look at it as she has a disorder; is not getting help; and that, sad as it is, there is nothing I can do but walk away. She has to help herself. I would, and will help her if she wants it. She obviously doesn't want me around so that is that. If down the road she tries to come back, and I am with someone else, I will just direct her to a psychiatrist and tell her that she had her chance with me and threw me away. If I am not with anyone,  I will still direct her to a psychiatrist and support her as much as I can, telling her there cannot be a r/s unless she is getting help and improving. But don't see that happening in either case. I doubt I will ever her from her again.

Excerpt
Go with the new woman.  Sounds promising, even it turns out obly friends.  It sounds like there may be seeds for more than that though

This seems to be the best course of action. Who knows, she may be the best thing that ever happened to me. I need to give her a chance if nothing else.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest