Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter rage  (Read 418 times)
Mamaw2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: January 17, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »

My daughter is raging again This morning . She is really angry . My father died right before Christmas and she has been raging off and in since . Today she called my grandsons school and told them I am not able to pick him up . This is always her threat but she has yet to follow through I’m always afraid she will and this time she may . They lived with us until he was 5 then moved 2 hours away and since we have had him every Friday until Monday before school all vacations and all summer . He’s with us more than her .   I am just heartsick and worried for him
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Only Human

Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

What happened, what is she raging about this morning?

~ OH

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Mamaw2

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »

She feels we aren’t compassionate about her stresses. After my father dies ( December 20) my daughter called me and raged and said lots of mean things to me as she does. My mother called my other daughter to speak to her because she felt bad for me the. That daughter called the raging daughter to ask her about it . Just a big mess ! Daughter #1 consumes me and is emotionally abusive . She was upset about grandpa dying more about how it would affect he life and what I can do for her as she needs me too not only grandma . It is hard to type it al
Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:35:38 AM »

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father, Mamaw, and that your DD is making his death all about what she has lost.

From what you've written, do you think your DD may be feeling ganged up on? Here's an article on Triangulation that may be helpful:

Karpman Drama Triangle

We have lots of communication tips here, tools and workshops. It will be helpful to know what led up to this morning's rage. Can you describe what happened this morning? What she said, what you said? I presume this conversation took place via telephone or text?

I understand how all-consuming communicating with a pwBPD can be, and I do understand being heartsick and worried about your GS. We can work on this together, you are not alone.

~ OH

~ OH

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Feeling Better

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 04:14:04 PM »

Hi Mamaw2

These BPD kids sure know when to act up don’t they? Sounds like fear of abandonment maybe? She’s worried that you will give more of your time to your mother than her now that your dad has passed away, please accept my condolences.

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now, we can support you and help you get through it 

Regarding your grandson, do you normally pick him up from school?

FB x

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:55:57 PM »

Hi there mamaw2

I'm so sorry for the recent loss of your father   It's a difficult time, BPD or not. My father passed in 2015, my DD's Poppa. Within weeks DD was in crisis, ER and was dx BPD, shock. My DD is a quiet person with BPD, no raging, she internalises. I think our loss brought everything she'd been personally struggling with to a head. It was a very difficult time (hanging on by my fingertips ) and it took me come a year to realise I needed space and a safe place to grieve loss of my father and feel his love again, felt so good. Yep, bereavement counselling, I was able to leave BPD out of the room, conversation and embrace my feelings for my father that I'd put on hold, due to DD's crisis. In hindsight I wish I'd reached out for bereavement support earlier as it validated my feelings and gave me strength and focus to help my DD. I shared my peace with her and it gave her some comfort, relief and understanding at a time she needed it most. I hope my personal share helps you and parents here.

I'm glad you are here with us, as you see you are not alone.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Mamaw2

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »

Thanks for all of the replies ! I do believe my daughter is worried about abandonment with me spending more time with my mother . I’m just not feeling very sympathetic to her right now . Yes I do pick up my grandson every Friday and keep him all weekend . We also have him every time he has a break at school and all summer . Soon after I posted this my daughter called back and told me my grandson was upset and to come get him . I picked him up today and now she is perfectly fine sis Sickenly sweet and all. That’s hard to take after the emotional assault . I know you all can relate
Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 10:04:08 PM »

It's hard to muster sympathy when we're under attack, especially when dealing with grief over the loss of a loved one. It used to baffle me when DD was an adolescent and could come to me asking favors, after having chewed me out an hour before! I now see that she was able to let it blow over because lashing out at me took her pain away.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend with your GS

~ OH

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Mamaw2

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »

Thanks for your reply ! Yes we have been having a good weekend ! He has gotten up both nights in the middle of the night and gotten into bed with us . He tends to do this when she has had a stressful week . I know he’s looking for comfort
smallbluething

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »

I think you are showing grace under pressure mamaw2 - so sorry for the loss of your Dad - it is tough when our BPD family members try to make the difficulties and tragedies of others in the family all about them! I hope you find time and space to grieve as you need to.

I also share your frustration at getting the sickly sweet lovey dovey treatment shortly after being on the receiving end of a load of abuse. It seems for pwBPD there really is no insight as to how their outbursts affect others! In my calmer moments I can laugh about it though. Glad you had a good weekend with the youngster.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest