Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 20, 2024, 10:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 2: I can't be sick and need help  (Read 387 times)
isilme

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Married

« on: March 01, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »

This thread is a continuation of this:  https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=333934.30

Good news?  Spoke to a second doctor via the 2nd opinion system from my work - the nurse following my case didn't like how the first one handled the consultation.  This one was kind and awesome.  She answered most of my questions before I even asked them.  

She is of the opinion that after looking at all my results and all my treatment history from the last year, that I am suffering from uncontrolled allergies.  This has exhausted my body to a point where I am immunodeficient and so I am pretty much caught every single virus I come intio contact with because my immune system can't fight them off.  Then, it's taking longer to get rid of them, and only in time to catch the next virus on the campus where I work.  With people being more germy in winter and in closed spaces, this could be why I am much worse in winter months than summer, even though in summer I may be exposed to more allegens overall, I'm not quite as trapped in close spaces with people with colds.  

I am to find an allergist and she typed up the list of tests to trying, in order of likeliness of me needing them, from lung function to rule out asthma all the way to seeing if I need a biopsy in the case it does turn out to be a form of lymphoma.  She managed to not freak me out with that one.  She also told me 40 years old should not feel this tired.  

So, I have a plan now, something less scary to deal with for now, and if this same service can locate me an allergist in a less than 50 mile radius, I might find a way to feel better.  I like not having traffic, but really hate that all good movie theaters, restaurants and doctors are pretty much a committed day trip.  

H took the news well.  He wonders if some of his exhaustion is tied to this, too, so if I get a good doc, I might be able to get him checked out, too.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:33:53 PM by Harri » Logged

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »

Oh my gosh, allergies? That would explain a lot. It sucks that you had to go through so much waiting and worry before someone came up with that answer. Hopefully you can discover the root problem and get to the bottom of it. Allergies are not pleasant, but they are manageable. Sometimes allergies and asthma go hand-in-hand.

I wish you luck with your tests, and I hope the doctors can help you get yourself leveled out and get some relief.

Redeemed

We are more than just our stories.
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »

This could really be the key! I was shocked when I had full-scale allergy testing -- primary was mold, tree and other pollens, grasses and weeds, cattle and horses. Then the secondary food allergies came in -- mostly related to mold, such as root vegetables, nuts (pecans), cheeses.

It really changed my diet!

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Codepanda19

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »

Glad to hear you're closer to getting some answers. For what it's worth, lung nodules are found incidentally in about 1 out 3 people and more often than not means nothing (especially something that small)

I know it may be tough but hopefully you can carve out some time to get some rest (fatigue also suppresses the immune system). You sound like you've been running non-stop for some time now.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest