Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 12:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't be sick and need help  (Read 639 times)
isilme

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:40 PM »

He refuses to eat the glucose tabs.  I bought 'em, he won't use em. 

He can't feel "hungry" anymore, so he may say he can wait till 7... not thinking ahead that it really means 9 pm once you factor travel, waiting for service.  He doesn't feel that he is about to crash until it's happened.  And he doesn't like to have a quick snack most nights, not that he's discovered he's gained about 20-30 lbs since 2016.  His BPD has him be stupid and feel he's supposed to fast and then work out really hard... not eat small amounts all day long, and then move around a bit all day.  Or, he has a heavy work out shake as a snack, basically a meal replacement, and then he eats on top of it - in addition to not feeling hunger, he does not feel full. 

I just told him from now on 7 PM is obviously too late to start to head out for dinner if it's not a 5 minute drive in town, so if we plan to eat out of town due to the sad state of our local food options, we head out straight from work and drive the 30-45 miles to the next towns over for better food options.  That will put us to eating by 7, not 9. 

Nurse for the second opinion called, said she was sorry I didn't get any answers, wants me to do another consult with a doc who is good at telling you what her thoughts are as she goes, what's coming, and answers questions.  Fever is here, still.  It was lower yesterday, did not hit the red/orange on my thermometer, I'm off antibiotics for now, so I've got a little energy, but I'm still winded and tired easily.  Too easily.  Maybe I am just inflamed by winter, and so warmer days make my body behave better. 

Got 15 minutes till I get to go home, and I made it in person to the store, to slowly, like a 90-year-old, make my way about, but I got to pick up some frozen meals, some fresh things our grocery store prepares, and basic stuff.  So we should be good - we made it two whole weeks with me not going this last weekend.  H insisted on bringing in all the groceries.  He never does this.  He's helped the last two times, but this time he had me sit down while he did it.  So that was good.  I managed to get most dishes washed while two of the fresh meals were baking for dinner last night,  H made tuna salad Saturday, which has been a good lunch/dinner item.  And I managed to wash all clothes even though nothing is really put away save towels. 

I just want to lie down at home and go to sleep.  Hoping new doc has more helpful things to say.  H is trying.  I know he is, and I know he's in pain, feels poorly, and that his BPD makes all those feelings magnified.  Thank you all for listening. 

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Harri
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »

Staff only

This thread reached the post limit and has been locked.

The conversation continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=334530.0

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest