Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 08, 2024, 12:29:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some good advices..  (Read 340 times)
Toxsick

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 17, 2019, 10:51:10 AM »

Hi everyone !
Since i've got some great support and advices i came back

There is my problem i don't know how to fix with my girlfriend,
Maybe you already read my 1st post, a hard break up of 2 weeks but we're back together.
I personnaly do my very best to grow up and learn to be stronger (for me first of course)
But.. i don't have any patience for her anymore.

Don't misunderstand, if she needs time to overcome some difficulties and so on, there is no problem! What I mean is, if she start to be angry at me, even just a little agressive i can't help but feel really bad and getting anxious (a lot.. really a lot) and start myself to get angry at her.
I honestly think it's because of her last tantrum, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
And also for my own sake, i protect a lot more myself from her.

There is no doubt i love her, want to do the best for her and try again the time it takes to get better together.. but i can't help with these natural feelings you have when being almost yelled at and/or insulted.

ANYWAY ! the first problem is : She is triggered by questions. I find it weird but nevermind, the problem is, since i'm interested in her i ask questions like : What are you doing ? Oh, what will you do with your friend ? It seems cool ! This job look great, how much time will last you contract ?
She find it oppresive and intrusive, stupid or useless. And me, it's just a mark of interest/love for her, isn't it normal to be interested in you SO ?
So what can I do ? I feel bad for being interested in her and since she's agressive i just start to say myself i should ask NO questions at all, like none at all. AT ALL. ZERO !

Second problem : I've talked about boundaries.. that she and I should put in your life for our own well being.. And now, she throw that word everytime and for nothing. Like for the questions problem she just say something like : "I'm mad at you because you don't respect my boundaries, you have to stop asking me questions"
And i don't feel it's a healthy boundaries, she's juste being arsh on me and then say it's for her boundaries.. she don't make anything clear, just like a fog, and if i do a misstep i'm being yelled at.
And i don't want to walk on eggshell anymore. Also, i've read the boundaries subject on the forum and also send her, saying she have to stop throwing this word without even doing it right.
I don't want to be disrespected anymore too. I'm not a junk and i won't tolerate to be treated like that

and the last problem, for now (): She probably idealized me since we're back together, making good progress and trying her best (2.5 weeks). But i feel like she don't idealize me anymore. I don't mind it, being "normal" but i'm really afraid that because she have me again, she will stop searching to get better. It's my own thought of course and maybe it's not like that for her at all, it's how I feel, it makes me pretty sad and anxious.. even a bit frightened since i won't allow another tantrum like 3 weeks ago. Like not at all. I love her with all my heart and soul. But i don't want to suffer anymore

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Scarlet Phoenix
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Together 9 years

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 09:24:01 AM »

Hi Toxsick, I see you've fallen through the cracks! I'm so sorry we didn't reply sooner.

I read through all your posts, it's been a turbulent time lately with break-up and getting back together. But you want to work on being healthier. So you have a good starting point going forward!

Excerpt
She is triggered by questions.
It's not surprising, I've had the same reaction from my ex-dBPDh (diagnosed BPD husband) many times. Then it would turn into a trigger fest where I in turn felt attacked by his way of responding, and around and around we would go.

Learning to validate and how to avoid invalidation can be really helpful in managing conversations and tensions. Here's a good place to start:
Communication Skills - Don't Be Invalidating. And maybe this one on Empathetic Listening and Active Listening. Is this something you’re familiar with already?

Excerpt
I've talked about boundaries.. that she and I should put in your life for our own well being. And now, she throw that word everytime and for nothing. Like for the questions problem she just say something like : "I'm mad at you because you don't respect my boundaries, you have to stop asking me questions"
I think maybe there is some confusion as to the difference between boundaries and ultimatums. Boundaries can be communicated, but they don't have to be. And they can be uphold with no co-operation from our partner. The focus is on what we will do, not to forbid others from doing something. For example «When my partner yells at me, I will leave the room». And not «I forbid you from yelling at me, stop yelling!»  We have some great info on Setting Boundaries and Setting Limits.
What are your thoughts?

Excerpt
She probably idealized me since we're back together, making good progress and trying her best (2.5 weeks). But i feel like she don't idealize me anymore.
This is standard for relationships where theres emotional instability in the mix. She can't idealise you for long, because at some point feelings of engulfment take over. It's the push pull dynamic at place. It's hard for us to live with, because we enjoy the idealisation part.

I've thrown a lot of information your way. Take it at your own speed, we all have our own path to follow. No matter what happens, we are here whenever you need to talk or ask for help.

Scarlet
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:16:52 PM by Scarlet Phoenix » Logged

~~ The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; who strives valiantly; who errs; who comes short again and again ... and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly ~~ Become who you are ~~
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest