Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:31:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 3: Unpdh moving out and wants a divorce  (Read 751 times)
Enabler

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living apart

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 06:50:59 AM »

Snowglobe, just to check, is his Bitcoin business a 'brand' or does it just mine coins? What assets does it hold in the company or is it predominantly expertise. I'm just wondering since now him and his business partner are potentially getting divorced there could be an incentive to liquidate the current enterprise and then effectively start up next door. 

Broadly speaking, there are businesses that own machines/land etc and do things with that machine/land, the machines and land are the capital... that's where the money is. There are other businesses such as being a lawyer where the money is in the brains of the people running the show... intellectual capital. If your H business is the former then you're potential claim on the business has actual value, if your husbands business is mostly based on human intelligence or software... well there's very little stopping him extracting all the value (him and his brain), rebranding in a different company structure leaving you (and partners ex W) with no actual value in the company.

Re the house and sucking out bitcoin assets, this isn't daft as long as you can manage the transition between sale of existing home cash and buying new home. I think we're all singing from the same song sheet where we're trying to get you to make sure you have tangible claim on as many physical assets as possible. That said, he's smart... I think you mentioned genius IQ before, he also lacks empathy, you need to be one step ahead, dot all i's and all t's and make sure YOU source legal representatives and have things checked for loopholes. I don't want to be telling you not to trust him... BUT DON'T TRUST HIM.

Enabler

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2019, 07:46:53 AM »

Given what scenario? That we buy or don’t buy. If we do, and he says no, it may take a long time for me to receive  child and spousal from unpdh. There would be an urgent hearing, his business are legit so I would get 25% of it. He has another partner who is now in a process of divorce. She asked for 25% of the company.

There is a big difference between "ask" and "get".

So...how long would it take to get your children the care YOU determine they need if you go the route of investing funds from the current sale into a new home?

Compare that to how long it would take if you are renting or if you bought a place that didn't require your half of proceeds from sale?

Best,

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 07:48:25 AM »

I won’t try and stop him

And..since history seems to repeat itself, what do you think the chances are he actually will file for divorce?

Compare that with the chances that your life will be similar to what it is right now?

Best,

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 07:53:29 AM »

this isn't daft as long as you can manage the transition between sale of existing home cash and buying new home. 

As long as the overriding goal is to get the bitcoin.

I've only recently become aware this was a goal at all

My understanding was that Snowglobe wanted to control her financial future and the psychological health of herself and her children in the next few months.  To have a different life in a few months...vice a potential different life in a few years (when perhaps children are out of the house)

Snowglobe

Can you list and rank your goals (what you are trying to accomplish) with the sale of the current house and purchase of a new house?

Best,

FF

Enabler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living apart

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 08:02:42 AM »

As long as the overriding goal is to get the bitcoin.

Agree that should be the primary motivation... releasing and locking down hidden or transient capital.

If it's about providing cash then the only way really to release cash from post house purchase would be divorce... unless H wants to play ball... and the former would potentially be protracted, not least because there's a corporate structure to value and negotiate.

Enabler

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »

Staff only This thread has reached its maximum length and is now locked. The conversation continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=337708.0

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest