Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 02:13:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bait and ghost  (Read 692 times)
Xeonrebel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 27, 2019, 08:53:25 AM »

Does anybody have any experience with being Baited (an email,. message, social media..), You responding and then being ghosted afterwards? That happened to me recently. Although i think My ex is bpd i'm starting to think She's behaving as npd as well.
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »

What did she say?

Xeonrebel

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:32:37 AM »

Nothing specifically. She posted some pictures on twitter, unblocked me, i wrote a few things on those pictures and she didnt answer, went silent..
DragoN

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 09:53:00 AM »

Excerpt
i think My ex is bpd..
Doesn't matter what she is, why are you even looking at her social media?
She can do whatever she wants, you only have control over yourself, not her.

Bait is bait. She is doing it to illicit some reaction from you, positive or negative or who knows what, but why bother wasting your time on anyone that lame?

Do you know the show Starship Troopers? The fugly bug brain is the BPD with the psychotic army of bugs in its head.
2much2take
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »

I think my ex does this all the time. They will like some insta photos or send some vague text about something they saw on fb or a quote. I keep my responses very limited if I even respond. They have a new SO and everything but I typically get something every 2-3 weeks. We have been broken up for about 6 months. Like you I have struggled with the why but I think its just a way to suck me back in. They can's just come out and say their objective so they use other tactics.

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »

Bait is bait. She is doing it to illicit some reaction from you, positive or negative or who knows what...

The question I would ask is "are you sure it was bait"?

What photo did she post on her account that would been primarily to bait you to respond to her? Does she know you monitor her account? Did she post a photo of you?

Sometimes we think its about us. Sometimes exs will test us to see if we are spying on them.

Xeonrebel

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »

Those pictures were nothing specific, mostly of her receiving a diploma from which a help her. But, right after posting the pictures she unblocked me from Twitter...
DragoN

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »

The question is: Why are you even looking at her junk?
The relationship is over. Move on. Social media is the playground of BPD and NPD.
Ignore it. Or view it for what it is, nothing of any relevance.

She unblocked you, because she know you are viewing her garbage. Bait.
Forget it. Or screen cap for later use in case she goes full on BPD bug brain on you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:51:55 AM by Anonymousie » Logged
Xeonrebel

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »

Yeah. You are right. I let her go a long time ago anyway. She lost someone very important and She's just too stubborn to see it, let alone the way she ended the relationship, basically burning everything to the ground. So, i'm gonna keep moving with my life. Thanks
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »

Those pictures were nothing specific, mostly of her receiving a diploma from which a help her. But, right after posting the pictures she unblocked me from Twitter...

Not sure it is bait.

We generally don't keep people blocked for life... in a way that is a connection in and of itself.

In my lifetime I had to block 2 people for various reasons. But I cleared  those blocks after a short time - as a way of fully letting go - certainly not to encourage them or to bait them or encourage them to contact me. And if they did contact me, I'd be detached enough to be friendly but "dead ended" - polite, no drama.

Xeonrebel

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 03:23:11 PM »

I know skip. i have my doubts. the thing is the context. you see, 2 years ago when she dump me, about 4 months later she started sending this kind of messages using twitter. she did it 2 times, the first time was about march 2017, she posted 2 tweets about thinking of suicide or something like that and the 2nd post was about she missed to be taken care (implict, by me). when we came back on march, we broke up again around june. on july 2017 she did the same thing, posted about 7 pictures, 2 of them relating to our break up.
this time it was way horrible and cruel, because she's with someone now, they are 2 months onto the RS and she started doing that twitter behaviour, all in the context of a strict silent treatment she's given me. that's why i asked about bait and ghost. anyway, one can see her true life on her BF Facebook account. so my exgf's twitter is all about smoke and mirrors and bait and ghost, hehe.
anyway, it helped me to detached even more with her mind games, im sick of them, really...
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest