Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 03:58:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New and cautious  (Read 539 times)
Quirk

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: November 16, 2019, 08:45:21 AM »

I’ve been reading for several years but afraid to post because I believe I don’t have any real online privacy and consequences are very real.  I am 20+ years in, raising kids, financially dependent and exhausted.  Today is a painted black day. When it’s good, it’s good.  I hang onto that and shreds of time doing things I enjoy. 
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:55:52 PM »

Hi Quirk and welcome. 

I am glad you overcame your reservations and posted.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) 

Can you tell us more about your relationship and what a painted black day looks like?

I hope to hear more from you soon.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Quirk

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:51:21 PM »

The relationship is many years of being loved, then out of the blue, despised, for things that should be so obvious that they won’t be explained to me, but are terrible defects of behavior and character and have been a big problem since always.  Painted black is several days of withdrawal with denial that anything is wrong, sometimes ending in rage, sometimes not.  Then it’s over and I’m wonderful again.  For so many years, I agonized over what was so wrong with me to cause these extreme feelings and complaints  What did I need to fix ? I felt stupid and defective. Finally I did some research and came to understand that while I’m far from perfect and certainly have my own rough edges, I’m just not that awful.  I figured out the BPD part and to see everything differently. I read and learned how to stop making it worse and how to be supportive, and to keep my own balance.  It has helped.  Life is better.  I am grateful for the information. 
Stillhopeful4

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »

Hi Quirk,

Welcome  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I can relate.  I've been trying to fix everything my W has been telling me is wrong with me for 10 years.  I suspected she had BPD about 6 years ago, but I didn't do some digging and didn't start posting to this site until about 5 months ago.  I have found so many similarities between my situation and many of the folks here.  The tools are very helpful as are the people that offer support.  I'm not sure how I would have made it through the past 5 months without the knowledge I have gained from this site and the people here.

Please post often.

SH4

Wrongturn1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 01:06:33 PM »

Hi Quirk, welcome to posting.  I also was nervous about posting here years ago, but I never had any repercussions.  Is your partner closely monitoring your online activities?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest