Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 04:42:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I told her I love her. I don't want to be friends.  (Read 880 times)
RomanticFool

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 07, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »

She just sent me another message:

Can you recommend any good films series on Netflix?

Like nothing ever happened. Is this a hoo ver? What should I do?

Gemsforeyes

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ended 2/2020

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »

Hi RF-

Did you reply to her request for a Netflix recommendation?

Gems
RomanticFool

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »

I didn’t reply at first. The next day I told her that I was visiting my dad in the hospital. She then said she hopes he is ok. I said he has cancer. She then said I’m very glad you’re with him. I then said I loved her. No response.

The following day I pointed out that the Netflix question seemed strange in light of the fact we hadn’t seen each other for 4 months. I asked her not to send me anymore emails. I asked her to ring me if she wanted a relationship otherwise it feels there is no reason to speak. I told her not to contact me ever again if she has met someone else. I then blocked her on email. She has already blocked me on WhatsApp and the phone.

The message upset me because it seemed like yet another attempt by her to see if I would reply. The nature of the message seemed particularly casual and inappropriate. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for the message the Saturday two weeks previously as being perhaps just a weak moment at 23.15 at night. This one was sent on a Saturday again  at 17.53. I don’t want one line every two weeks as it disturbs me. I’ve taken a decision to go No Contact unless she decides to ring me. I’ve given up second guessing her situation and now want to do what is right for me. I think there  is zero chance of her ever calling me.

I believe she wants me to chase her. She is probably missing the attention I gave her. Given the way she has behaved and likelihood she has somebody else after all this time of silence, I just don’t want to go there. Even if she doesn’t have somebody else, she’s  left it too long and I am looking after myself so whatever game she is playing I’ve resigned..

RF
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:35:14 PM by RomanticFool » Logged

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »

I then said I loved her. No response.

Why do you keep doing this?

For her: She is not responding because it is not attractive. I love you and if you can't say it back, then don't contact me except by phone (I've blocked your email) when you are ready to say it.

This is not a giving love, this is a needy love. Few would respond in your situation.

For you: If you are trying to reconnect, why do you keep doing something that is not working?

Is this a bit of magical thinking? What you really want is for her to wipe the slate clean and go back to week 4 of the relationship before things starting breaking down. Things rarely play out like that.

I think she is just cracking the door open to see if you have might be able to be friends and some distant level at this point. You are saying NO.

RomanticFool

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 01:01:32 PM »

That’s right. I don’t want to be friends. I’m purposely being blunt because she has treated me so badly. I don’t care what she is doing anymore. I’m past caring. The way she ended the relationship with me rankles and I now don’t want to be with her whatever the situation. I should have walked away the first time she ended it with me but I was heartbroken. If you look at it from my perspective for a few seconds you will see that I’ve wised up. I don’t want a toxic narcissist in my life. Maybe she will learn in future that dumping somebody twice and then not talking to them for months on end is a great way of destroying a relationship. I’m done with her. I am going to heal and look for somebody healthy to share my life with. Loving somebody incapable of showing love or empathy is not the way I want to live my life.

You talk about needy love, she was the most needy woman I’ve ever encountered. I loved her and so I chose to look after her right up until the point she hit me and then started spitting venom at me. This is a woman who would grab my leg and beg me not to go home, who told me she wanted to marry me and who in the end had no empathy for me at all.

The more you empathise with her and ignore my own feelings, the less I trust the advice given here. A few weeks ago you told me to let the relationship go. That’s what I’m doing. Why on earth would I possibly want to be friends with somebody who treats me like an animal and plays games? You should be happy for me that I’ve found the strength to walk away. My messages to her aren’t  about being controlling or making demands, they are borne out of the pain and damage she has inflicted on me. I just want it to stop.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:16:41 PM by RomanticFool » Logged

Longterm

Relationship status: Divorce in progress

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »

Excerpt
  I then said I loved her

Excerpt
Loving somebody incapable of showing love or empathy is not the way I want to live my life. 

Excerpt
  If you look at it from my perspective for a few seconds you will see that I’ve wised up

Have you RF? You have pointed out this woman's behaviour as being toxic and abusive yet if she contacted you asking to rekindle your relationship you would jump straight back into the fire.

Maybe this is what needs to be addressed here.

LT.

It is, was, and always will be, all about her.
RomanticFool

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »

No I wouldn’t. I don’t want her anymore. She has hurt me enough. That’s why I’ve blocked her. I’m going to get over her and spend my time on people who want to be with me and aren’t toxic. I’m worth more than chasing a narcissist who has absolutely no empathy.

Gemsforeyes

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »

RF-

If she is truly how you characterize her - toxic and a narcissist with no empathy, then why do you invite her to call you when she is ready for a relationship with you?  Why?

You are doing work on yourself.  Good work.  And yet when she launches her ridiculous “bait” - requests for Netflix series recommendations and such, your response is “I love you”.  And then when she fails to return the sentiment, you’re understandably hurt again; and you lash out - YET...yet, you STILL tell her you’re open to a relationship IF she’s NOT seeing another man (she can ring you). 

Please stop.  She’s either toxic and a narc who lacks empathy  or she’s not.  If she had said “I love you, but we do not work as a couple”, would she still be toxic and a narc who lacks empathy?

Is she toxic and a narc who lacks empathy because she is rejecting you?  My friend (we ARE friends here, you know that) - we have ALL been rejected.  You have rejected your W.  Does that make you toxic and a narc who lacks empathy?

You’ve got to look at the relationship you had with AA woman.  It was not a good or healthy relationship.  The best thing you could do for yourself would be to take NC seriously. 

RF - you have many talents, however I’m doubtful that you’re an authority on Netflix series, are you?  You cannot control what text messages she sends you, or what emails go into your spam folder.  You’ll undoubtedly check those for contact.  But you CAN block your phone.  You CAN ensure that if she lobs a call, you don’t answer because the phone will NOT ring.  This woman should no longer interrupt your healing journey.

I wholeheartedly encourage you to continue posting on the detaching board.  Build male friendships.  Learn about yourself.  Understand the value and meaning of No Contact.  Please give yourself a fighting chance.

Some ex-lovers do not WANT you to get over them.  They just don’t.  But that doesn’t HAVE to be your problem.  Let THEM roast in that stew!

Warmly,
Gemsforeyes
Longterm

Relationship status: Divorce in progress

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »

Excerpt
 No I wouldn’t. I don’t want her anymore

Excerpt
 I asked her to ring me if she wanted a relationship   

Your dissonance is very evident. If you are looking towards not having a future relationships then its probably in your best interests to implement NC. You will not be able to detach and begin healing until you do this RF.

I see someone torturing themselves by generating their own rejection. She dangles a carrot and you bite, she then knows she still has you then instantly backs away, you are causing all this pain to yourself.

LT.

It is, was, and always will be, all about her.
Gemsforeyes

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

RF-

LT is correct... you know this.

Warmly,
Gems
RomanticFool

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »

Excerpt
If she is truly how you characterize her - toxic and a narcissist with no empathy, then why do you invite her to call you when she is ready for a relationship with you?  Why?

Because I know she won't.

Excerpt
You are doing work on yourself.  Good work.  And yet when she launches her ridiculous “bait” - requests for Netflix series recommendations and such, your response is “I love you”.  And then when she fails to return the sentiment, you’re understandably hurt again; and you lash out - YET...yet, you STILL tell her you’re open to a relationship IF she’s NOT seeing another man (she can ring you)

NO! My response of 'I love you' was because she was showing empathy regarding my dad and I was emotional. When she didn't respond I remembered what kind of person I was dealing with and got upset. If she isn't seeing another man, I would at least talk to her if she rang me. After all I still love the woman. However, there is a strong chance that she is and that is a betrayal I cannot stand. So if my message to her is confusing, that's because I am confused. Abuse will do that to a person - it's called being conflicted as everybody on here well knows.

Excerpt
Please stop.  She’s either toxic and a narc who lacks empathy  or she’s not.  If she had said “I love you, but we do not work as a couple”, would she still be toxic and a narc who lacks empathy?

She is a toxic narc - what kind of person dumps somebody a week after a lovely holiday? What kind of person attacks somebody in front of their 17 year old daughter who they claim to love? What kind of person threatens to tell everybody in AA that a kind and loving man is an abuser? What kind of person cuts their loved one off constantly without any remorse or empathy? I love her and I hate her. I want to be friends with her and I don't. That's the grey area. That's not black and white, it's grey. I am angry and missing her - simultaneously. Al I've done is told her to stop contacting me unless she has honest intentions. If the aim is to play games I don't want her. In fact whatever the reason if my message keeps her away then that is good for me. It is not black and white it is grey. I am angry and sad. Loathing her and loving her. Grey grey grey.

Excerpt
You’ve got to look at the relationship you had with AA woman.  It was not a good or healthy relationship.  The best thing you could do for yourself would be to take NC seriously.

Don't you think I know that? Have you any idea the strength it took to even get to this position where I stand a chance of walking away and looking after myself. It's been like cutting off my right arm saying that to her, but as I said before. I am beginning to look after myself like never before.

Excerpt
F - you have many talents, however I’m doubtful that you’re an authority on Netflix series, are you?  You cannot control what text messages she sends you, or what emails go into your spam folder.  You’ll undoubtedly check those for contact.  But you CAN block your phone.  You CAN ensure that if she lobs a call, you don’t answer because the phone will NOT ring.  This woman should no longer interrupt your healing journey.

I am a bit of an expert on Netflix series but that's neither here nor there. She could have called a dozen people and asked them that. The aim is to mess with me. Had I replied to the question she wouldn't have responded. That's the game. Ask me a question and don't reply. I'm tired of it. Even if I've misjudged the whole situation - which may well be the case. It could be that two weeks after her initial message she was opening the door to more communication. To what end? Even if I managed to talk her into getting back with me. She'd still be angry with me. Most likely more angry because I haven't chased her and she has had to admit to wanting me. That just means more extreme punishment than before. It might mean a nice couple of days in the unlikely event I get back with her. Sooner or later I'm going to be the piece of crap on the bottom of her shoe again. She is a narcissist. All she is going to do is destroy me. I nearly killed myself this time around.

I am blocked on her WhatsApp and her phone. I have been for four months. Hell would have to freeze over before she contacted me by my demand in a phone call. She'd never do it. The last time we reconnected it took me a week to convince her to come out with me. Her accusations of me being angry and difficult are all projections. She shouts at me in the street, she punches me, she devalues me, she does the discarding. I'm tired of it.

Excerpt
I wholeheartedly encourage you to continue posting on the detaching board.  Build male friendships.  Learn about yourself.  Understand the value and meaning of No Contact.  Please give yourself a fighting chance.

I am doing all of the above. SLAA has been encouraging me to go NC with her for six months. This is the first time I've felt able to block her. The first time I've moved towards NC. I am working on myself. Progress may be slow but I'm no longer allowing her to dip in and out of my life on her terms. I have taken back my power.

Excerpt
Some ex-lovers do not WANT you to get over them.  They just don’t.  But that doesn’t HAVE to be your problem.  Let THEM roast in that stew!

So you DO understand what I've been saying. She doesn't want me to get over her as is consistent with narcissism. I'm sure she wants to hear that I'm having a rotten time and missing her dreadfully. She has heard that and she has also heard that I am no longer going to allow her to send the odd fishing expedition email. Either be a human being and talk to me, or leave me the hell alone. The reality is I'd like to tell her to go and make love to herself but I don't think that's a good idea. The closest I can get to looking after myself without driving myself nuts by not answering her - is to do exactly what I've just done. As I said above, it's not black and white - it's grey.

RomanticFool

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »

Excerpt
Your dissonance is very evident. If you are looking towards not having a future relationships then its probably in your best interests to implement NC. You will not be able to detach and begin healing until you do this RF.

This is the first step towards that.

Excerpt
I see someone torturing themselves by generating their own rejection. She dangles a carrot and you bite, she then knows she still has you then instantly backs away, you are causing all this pain to yourself.

I see somebody who has set a boundary. I'm doing just fine. I'm not tortured tonight. I'm proud that I've found the strength to block her. She's never going to call me, so I've effectively walked away.

RomanticFool

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »

Excerpt
LT is correct... you know this.

About what?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest