Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 10:26:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired  (Read 347 times)
Coffeeforlife
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Fine

« on: March 23, 2020, 08:46:02 PM »

My mother, one of my brothers and my daughter all have been diagnosed with bpd. I have read everything I can get my hands on, practiced self care and still feel overwhelmed and unappreciated. My experience lately is disheartening when their emotions are running so high during every conversation and Hearing how they talk behind my back hurts me so much.  I have similar experiences with all of them and I am feeling very depressed lately because it is  so draining and makes me sad and hopeless.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Huat

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »

Hi Coffeeforlife….and welcome Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Wow!  You certainly are surrounded with more than your share of BPD'ers….not just 1 but 3.  So, so sorry this is life for you.

I can see how disheartening it is to have them talk about you behind your back.  Do you hear about that from one of the three or from others who are wanting to keep you updated?   Unless the news is urgent...your safety at risk...maybe the less you know of gossip the better...and you can convey that to the messenger.

As with all of us here, work on positive change has to start with us...no magic bullet...no immediate turn-arounds in these difficult people who share our lives.  You, Coffeeforlife, have certainly made a good start by stepping into this community of parents who share similar problems.

So, while you have no control over what those 3 do, you do have control over how you react/respond.  Quite possibly, if you make an unexpected change in how you do that...they change, too.

There is a wealth of information on this website with links to more.   You can share as much or as little as you want when you post.  No matter what you write, there will be some heads out there nodding...someone to answer you post letting you know..."me too!"...sometimes sharing what has worked or not worded for them.  No judging here but lots of support as we help each other towards better tomorrows.

Once again, welcome.  Hope you keep sharing.  We are all now in extra-ordinary stressful times...needing some kind of outlet to let off some steam...and this a good place to do it.

Huat
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »

Hi Coffee,
Ditto to what Haut said.
 Don't despair, there are  a few of us here who have more than one BPD in the family.  I am in the club too.  Take your energy and refocus it on you.  Distance yourself from some ( all ) as you can and as needed, because it is not possible to give the same amount of energy and attention to all of them at the same time. 
"What others think of me is none of my business" and "detach" are my mantras. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest