Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:39:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello friends and family  (Read 375 times)
Imatter33

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: April 09, 2020, 12:12:14 PM »

Please accept this hello and virtual hug from me.  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)
The impact of less  social contact in my life makes me  even more aware of how special the persons are in this forum.

In a lighthearted way I say I am thankful for you. I actually started a post three times and found out that I don't have anything I need to "work through" at the moment but that I missed you guys!

I am getting through the pandemic by choosing to stay as grateful as possible. I also am finding an odd humor in how my NC with mom is actually being encouraged by the government...(Hope you all can get the joke)

As I know countless others may be really struggling, I do not make light of any of it and will be here for you.

Take care of yourselves.
Stay home if you are able.
Prayers and blessings if you cannot.

Be well!

Imatter  With affection (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)
Methuen

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 01:01:19 PM »

Hello imatter  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

That was a very kind hearted greeting to the community here.  Nice!

I too am thankful for this community With affection (click to insert in post)

Like you, the "government" has made my job with my mom a little easier, since she lives across town.  We are the lucky ones.  My mom takes the groceries I buy for her at the door, we chat a few minutes (she talks about herself) and my "duty" is done; I get back into my car and head home. It's been so peaceful and emancipating in that respect.  Somehow, all the kazillion jobs she always has lined up for me and H no longer need doing.  Like you say, there is some humour in the situation, for us.

On the other hand, for the people in this community who are living under the same roof as their pwBPD during Covid isolation, I'm kind of anxious just thinking about the possibilities for the dysregulation and conflict which could be occurring for you.  I'm hoping it's not as bad as I imagine, but if it is, we're here for you.

If those people are reading this post, just know that we are thinking of you, and are sending emotional strength, and plenty of positive thoughts. 

How nice of you to reach out and say hello to everyone imatter. Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Dissolved

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:42:59 PM »

Hello, Imatter33. This is most certainly a great community. A game changer. Are you willing to talk more about your situation and what is bothering you?

“Adversity can destroy you, or become your best seller.”
-a new friend
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest