Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He tossed out insults at the slightest pushback Part 4  (Read 926 times)
stolencrumbs

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2020, 09:40:52 PM »

I believe it’s too little, too late. The part that feels a little off is that I’ve been the one predominantly fighting for “us”...until now. For years I tried to fix. Now, recognizing it will never truly change and knowing it’s not how I want to live, is how I feel. 

I’m still scared. What if I lose my job? How does covid impact his support requirements? Will I be able to make my kids okay? How do I buy a house with a new job?  Where do I get support?  How do I protect my kids? Myself? And many more.

I hear you on this. That’s how I feel...

What keeps you from moving ahead with divorce stolencrumbs?

The suicide threats and attempts. I'm not so good at handling those.

I also was the one trying to fix things for years. I don't know if this will happen with your H, but when I stopped trying to fix things, my wife started trying to "fix" things. It definitely made it harder to stick with what I felt was best for me. It made it harder to maintain boundaries. And it definitely made me feel like the jerk. And that's one of the reasons I emphasized thinking through what you want if that happens. It may be a tactic. It may be genuine. I don't really know. What I can know is what I want to do.

You can fight it both arms swinging, or try to wash it away, or pay up to echoes of "okay."
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 09:57:49 PM »

I don't know if this will happen with your H, but when I stopped trying to fix things, my wife started trying to "fix" things. 

I have seen a lot of this in my relationship as well. 

There are several ways to describe this.  My current favorite is "when I stopped overfunctioning that created space for my wife to function"

My understanding is there are several actions/things that UBPDHelps hubby is doing/asking for/saying that can be perceived as "repair attempts".

Best,

FF

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »

Staff only This thread has reached its maximum length and is now locked. The conversation continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=345413.0

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest