Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:47:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xBPD All over the map...  (Read 382 times)
Skedge2100

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« on: July 11, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »

We split up recently and still sorting out a few things before I go No Contact. It's been a very frustrating couple of weeks. Everyday she goes from a cordial email or text to absolutely hating me. Emotions are running very high. One of the latest challenges...we of course had many mutual friends throughout our 11 year marriage. My xBPD appears to be claiming "ownership" of some of those friends and has made it clear to me that as they live in her "hood" I am not to reach out to any of them - I believe it's yet another form of control. Throughout our entire marriage (with family and friends) SHE always told me who I could see, when I could see them and for how long. She managed to isolate me from my family early in the marriage. (They were all bad). I've since told her I have new boundaries (as I had none before - they were constantly being ignored and trampled upon). One of my new boundaries was that she was no longer going to tell me whom I was going to spend time with. She was absolutely raging about that today. It really makes me sad that at least for the first few years we had a very loving and caring relationship. I still yearn to have those feelings back but alas it will never be as a result of her BDP. I was also shocked to also find out on this site that the average number of times couples try to reconcile was at 7. We were at 3 times and I thought that was crazy! She seemed very sincere each and every time she charmed me back but the hurts, resentment, love/hate swings were worse and worse each time. I can't what one might have suffered trying to reconcile a 7th time.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »

Hi Skedge2100,

I’m sorry that you’re going through a difficult time. It’s really difficult when a pwBPD are all over the map. She’s emotionally dysregulated and when a pwBPD are dysregulated it’s like they are flooded by their emotions and are impaired by their feelings and the their logical side of their brain is not operating at full capacity because it is guided completely by their emotional side of their brain. You can try the tools and if they don’t work then there’s nothing you can do.

BPD is like a high performance vehicle like driving a Ferrari but not knowing how to operate the breaks.

As a side you don’t always have to express your boundaries. If she’s does X then I will respond with Y. Moving forward I’d suggest that if you want to hang out with someone then go for it you don’t have to ask for let’s mission or disclose it just do it and if she doesn’t like it then let it be.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest