Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 03:45:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex left me, got in a new relationship, now they’re engaged, all within 2 WEEKS  (Read 432 times)
Unsure101

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 20, 2020, 11:34:29 AM »

Wtf, and all along still sending me snapchats.

Was only a week ago when she walked in on me in the shower!

I thought they’re might be a chance to reconcile, but even if this falls apart , how would I even trust her now?

It was only three weeks ago she sent me a message saying marry her.
BuildingFromScratch

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »

Mine told me she couldn't have kids, so we had unprotected sex for like 9 years. We broke up, she ran out, got married within like 3-6 months, then got pregnant and had a kid. All I can say is that I am super glad I didn't have a kid with her, don't want to  have to deal with her for the rest of my life.
brighter future

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 12:37:57 PM »

That's utter insanity. Please move on and don't look back. Believe me, I know how hard it is to let go.

My ex-g/f and I dated for close to two years. I loved her dearly and still do to this day.  She pressured for an engagement for several months and came to me with an ultimatum about 3.5 months ago and said either we get engaged/married or I'm out. I said I wanted to make that commitment but not until she addressed her emotional issues. She stated that she didn't need help, so it was a no deal.  Two weeks later she was dating the guy she rebounded with after she filed for divorce and left her ex-husband. She tossed him aside to start dating me (I didn't know about him until she told me about a month after we started dating), so when she didn't get what she wanted from me she went back to him. When she was seeing this guy the first time, she was also talking to three other former classmates and was sexting back and forth with one of them. I should have been smarter in the beginning, but it's one and done for me as far as she's concerned. Apparently he isn't a one and done type of guy and is glutten for punishment. I feel for him!
Unsure101

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »

Similar thing for me really, she always just wanted me to marry her, we were together for 4 years , on and off.  But in my head I’d wanted to reach the 5 year mark before making a commitment, and even then, there had to be no drama , however, at least once a year, she’d leave me, I couldn’t bring myself to commit for fear of her still leaving me even when engaged / married.

I just don’t get it though, literally the day after she left she was in a new relationship, and two weeks later , engaged. I’m crushed, but she still has everything round mine still, and obviously a set of keys to the house, and still messages me, although, after the engagement revelation, I was pretty blunt with her and ignored her future messages, but she still sent me a Snapchat today.

I dunno, if this will last or not, I loved her n she did this. =(

To add insult to injury, this loon, has proposed in exactly the same way I’d have done it =(

I wanna hold on, but I feel like this is the last straw now.
Stolen

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 02:39:03 PM »

Change the locks. 

Trust me on this one.
Unsure101

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »

So I got the courage to read her Snapchat, she sent me a picture saying she's unhappy and suicidal, ring was on show though, maybe it's just attention, maybe she hasn't got any idea what she's up to.

As for changing the locks, considered it, but it's too much effort atm, as I'm renting the spare room out, when she moves out I probably will tbh.
Unsure101

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 02:44:46 PM »

Half expect her to be back in the house at some point, wouldn't be the first time.
daze507

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »

Get yourself out of this situation if you don't want to be utterly destroyed emotionally, spiritually, physically and maybe even financially.
johnblaze504

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 11:21:56 PM »

oh buddy my expwbpd got engaged too starting posting on instagram some ring. I couldnt believe it either we're all in the same boat man all within in a monthish? These people are absolutely crazy, heard from a friend too she cut herself recently cause of a problem with some girl and my replacement Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).
BlueSpring

Relationship status: broken up/estranged

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »

Mine has a new guy living with her, yet she sends me messages every day.  She tells me she loves me, and that she always wants me.  She fights with me as if we're still a couple, and when I point out that none of that matters anymore because she has a new victim, she just ignores me.  She tells me she will always love me, then she breaks into a tirade of all of her imagined grievances as if we were still together.  She calls me by a term of endearment she had for me.  And she sends me pictures of our good memories and good times together.  Then she splits again. 

I am convinced she's doing this because she needs a whipping boy,  and as long as she has me to devalue, she can continue idealizing the Jerk.  I let her provoke me earlier today, but I've ignored her since.

What I'm seeing by reading everyone's stories, is that the M.O. with pwBPD never changes.  I keep thinking, "We're you involved with the same woman?"  It never changes, and it's hopeless.  A black hole.

All I can think is that a pwBPD had checked out of the Hotel Reality.

"Though thou loved her as thyself,
As a self of purer clay,
Though her parting dims the day,
Stealing grace from all alive;
Heartily know,
When half-gods go,   
The gods arrive."

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest