Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:27:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is all so sudden - but not  (Read 346 times)
New Song 2020
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Estranged

« on: August 17, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »

My husband left me 3 weeks ago. Well, not really left...he decided to kick me and my older daughter out of the house less than 24 hours after I was assaulted by a client. In his mind, it was somehow twisted into a jealous rage over how I had cheated on him, and was “looking” for attention from this other man who forced himself on me. I love my husband. The pedestal he put me on was addictive; it felt good to be loved and treasured, and to compete for who could do the nicest things for the other. But the downside was complete and total dehumanization - a a degradation of character so volatile, that I began to question my own contribution to the turmoil that regularly ensued. I worry about my addiction to the broken - my fantasies of rescue and need to save; to be loved by others who clearly don’t have my back when I need it most. My heart breaks for the child we had together, and the blended family of six that we created out of so much love and mutual need for one another. I would do anything to go back in time and do things differently, but I can’t. Perhaps there is no changed course of events that would actually reset the inevitable end to one of the greatest love stories on earth. A part of me hasn’t lost hope, but the more I read, the more I understand that I really just need to focus on who I am without him, and try to raise our daughter in an isolated way that still makes her feel special. He wants nothing to do with me and refuses to co-parent on any level. My heart aches, and the healing process seems so far away. I desperately want to believe that he will snap out of this episode of blame and hatred, and see me once again for the loving woman, wife and mother that I am. I forgive you, my darling. Please come back to me.
Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »

Hey New Song, I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  Where do things stand between you and your H at present?  Are you and your daughter living outside of your home?  Since you are on this Board, I assume you suspect that your H suffers from BPD.  What makes you think that he may have BPD?  How did you hear about BPD?

Sorry for all the questions, but am trying to get a better handle on where you are at before making any suggestions.  Fill us in, when you get a chance.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Diddle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 07:01:30 AM »

New Song - I am sorry that your H felt it was ok to make you feel responsible for your assault by your client. This isn't ok.

I have found reading other peoples accounts on here, have shown me that the way I am being treated by my bpdH isn't ok, and I'm not alone. You obviously have your own suspicions about your own relationship.

I highly recommend finding out as much as you can, and being kind to yourself. in my opinion, you deserve to be treated better one way or another.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest