Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 12:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heartbroken over what happened  (Read 358 times)
Sammygirl8
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: September 07, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »

I have known my bpd ex boyfriend (undiagnosed) for many years. Started off as friends.  2 years ago that changed and we became more then friends and “fell in love” or so I thought. In the beginning things were great. One day he decided he wanted to go back to his ex and left. I hadn’t heard from him for 2 months. After 2 months I needed to contact him for a work situation and fell right back into the relationship.  One year later I got mad at him and called him a name (over the phone) that he didn’t like and he sent me all these weird texts I didn’t understand and then blocked me.   No contact, blocked me from being able to call or text him and all social media.   A week later he called telling me he wanted to be friends... a day later I fell back into the relationship.  He always seemed to have two sides, overly loving and amazing or cold. I never knew why. If I asked him if he was ok he would get mad and tell me I was “analyzing him” and then would act even colder and more distant until he would snap out of it as I would call it.  This last time just happened a few days ago.  He asked me to go away with him as he had to be away for work so I Flew to where he was.  We were supposed to have a 3 week amazing time. The first 10 days were fantastic (except for one minor disagreement, as all normal couples have)
A few days later we had what I would consider another small argument and again, being mad I called him a name he didn’t like and he told me to leave but I didn’t (I was in a city alone, knew no one, was a 14 hour car ride or 3 hour flight away from home and my trip was booked for another 1+week) so he left for the night.  The next morning he came back and told me we were finished and if I didn’t leave (the hotel) he would.  I apologized immensely and explained what upset me and told him how sorry I was (although again, I didn’t think this was anything more then a normal couple having a minor argument) and I told him I thought he was an amazing person and the name I called him was just out of anger and I didn’t mean it whatsoever.   He said we were done and and to leave.   I had to change flights, take ubers and get home that day.   I was devastated.   When I got home I sent him a text telling him how much I love him and understood why he got upset but to ask me to leave the way He did was wrong.  He texted me back 2 days later and told me “we are done, have no relationship, but that he won’t block me from his life like he has in the past and if I want I could text him” ...well, that just confused me more!.   I’m at a loss. As I write this I feel like I am talking about a pathetic stranger and not myself but I can’t lie, I’m heartbroken.   
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:40:30 PM by Sammygirl8 » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Sammygirl8
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 01:57:56 PM »

I have known my bpd ex boyfriend (undiagnosed) for many years. Started off as friends.  2 years ago that changed and we became more then friends and “fell in love” or so I thought. In the beginning things were great. One day he decided he wanted to go back to his ex and left. I hadn’t heard from him for 2 months. After 2 months I needed to contact him for a work situation and fell right back into the relationship.  One year later I got mad at him and called him a name (over the phone) that he didn’t like and he sent me all these weird texts I didn’t understand and then blocked me.   No contact, blocked me from being able to call or text him and all social media.   A week later he called telling me he wanted to be friends... a day later I fell back into the relationship.  He always seemed to have two sides, overly loving and amazing or cold. I never knew why. If I asked him if he was ok he would get mad and tell me I was “analyzing him” and then would act even colder and more distant until he would snap out of it as I would call it.  This last time just happened a few days ago.  He asked me to go away with him as he had to be away for work so I Flew to where he was.  We were supposed to have a 3 week amazing time. The first 10 days were fantastic (except for one minor disagreement, as all normal couples have)
A few days later we had what I would consider another small argument and again, being mad I called him a name he didn’t like and he told me to leave but I didn’t (I was in a city alone, knew no one, was a 14 hour car ride or 3 hour flight away from home and my trip was booked for another 1+week) so he left for the night.  The next morning he came back and told me we were finished and if I didn’t leave (the hotel) he would.  I apologized immensely and explained what upset me and told him how sorry I was (although again, I didn’t think this was anything more then a normal couple having a minor argument) and I told him I thought he was an amazing person and the name I called him was just out of anger and I didn’t mean it whatsoever.   He said we were done and and to leave.   I had to change flights, take ubers and get home that day.   I was devastated.   When I got home I sent him a text telling him how much I love him and understood why he got upset but to ask me to leave the way He did was wrong.  He texted me back 2 days later and told me “we are done, have no relationship, but that he won’t block me from his life like he has in the past and if I want I could text him” ...well, that just confused me more!.   I’m at a loss. As I write this I feel like I am talking about a pathetic stranger and not myself but I can’t lie, I’m heartbroken.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest