Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: end of relationship  (Read 361 times)
natalie_1234
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: ended

« on: November 12, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »

hello,

My boyfriend has left me. I suspect he suffered from BPD. I am terribly broken hearted and would like any advice possible.

thank you
brighter future

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »

Natalie,

I am very sorry to hear about your boyfriend leaving you. Please take a little time and share more information about what happened in the relationship when you feel  up to it. In the meantime, take care of yourself and try to do things that make you happy and feel at peace. For me, it was hiking trails out in the woods at a local park, doing activities with my child, or simply taking a drive and getting out of the house.  

I was abruptly left by my uBPD ex-g/f about 7 months ago, so I can identify with how you feel as can most other people here on the forum. We had been in a relationship for almost two years.  She had been pressuring me for marriage for a several months and finally gave me an "either we get engaged now" or I'm out ultimatum. I told her she needed to get help for her severe emotional issues first and that marriage would only further complicate them. She disagreed and left me. About two weeks later she was back with the guy that she was sleeping with right after she separated with her ex-husband. I was devastated for several months and ended up in therapy once per week about a month after the breakup. I'm still seeing the therapist every other week now trying to work on my codependency and issues with PTSD.

Stay strong. There are several great people on this forum that are here to help you.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:01:38 PM by brighter future » Logged
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 12:00:43 PM »

Hey natalie, Welcome!  You have come to a great place.  I'm sorry to hear that you parted ways with your BF.  What makes you think that he suffers from BPD?  Fill us in, when you can.  The first step is generally to return the focus to yourself, by paying attention to yourself and your needs.  Put yourself first for a change.  Be kind to yourself.  It does get better.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest