Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 01:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think i need help.  (Read 372 times)
Boozle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Over

« on: January 13, 2021, 03:01:52 PM »

Hi folks.
I think i need help.
And right now i don't know where to turn for that help.

My bpd-ex girlfriend (undiagnosed though , but everything fits)
all of a sudden broke up with me 2 years ago.

One month before she said things like "i had a nightmare last night
that you just left me and went away and broke up."
And my ex-boyfriend told me that i'm labile"

And now i have become some kind of expert on this diagnose via goole and Youtube.
Cut to now and she's now flaunting her new date/love or ...something on social media, full knowing
that i can see it.

And i just feels sick, and i i'm crying off and on like a child, it just f-in' hurts.
I don't know how to get over this right now.

Any advice?

/B
brighter future

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:06 PM »

Boozle,

Welcome to the forum, I'm very sorry to hear about what you're going through. It's happened to all of us here at some point. Try to focus on yourself and make your needs a priority.

I saw where you mentioned seeing your ex flaunting her new relationship on social media. That happened to me, and I'm going to briefly share what I experienced and what I ultimately had to do to preserve my mental health. My uPBD ex-g/f of nearly two years wanted an engagement/marriage. She gave me an ultimatum early last April saying "either we get engaged or I'm out. I can't live like this." I couldn't proceed until she worked out her mental health issues, but said I would stand with her while she did that and assured her that I loved her. We talked on and off for about two weeks on how to work things out. The last time we talked on the phone, she asked me to contact her in a couple of days. I sent her a text on a Friday night asking her if I could call. She sent me a text the next morning rubbing it in my face that she had been out on a car date with her old friend from high school. This guy was the twin brother to her high school b/f and the guy she rebounded with after she left her ex-husband about 3 years ago. Hearing this from her literally destroyed me emotionally. When she told me all of this, I got the impression that she flat out didn't give a PLEASE READ.

A week or so after the initial hookup with him, she's on social media describing their dates, where they're going, posting photos, etc. Roughly two weeks after that, she's professing the relationship and changes her profile picture to a picture of him and her together. Seeing this nonsense daily was literally driving me mad emotionally. I couldn't eat, sleep, and had a tough time going to work each day.  I started seeing a therapist right before my ex professed the relationship on social media. The therapist said "You need to remove her from your social media ASAP and don't answer her texts if she messages you. Seeing these things is destroying you emotionally." I told my therapist that I was worried that I would hurt my ex by doing this. My therapist said, "You have to take care of your mental health and worry about yourself instead of her. She obviously isn't too concerned about your feelings at all." I finally bit the bullet and removed her from both of my social media accounts. It was very painful to do that at first, but that's what was ultimately best for me. This might be something you should consider if seeing what she's posting is causing you too much pain.

Typically, people with BPD like to come back for recycles, so please be aware of that.  My ex has a pattern of recycling men. As far as I know she's still with this guy, but I have been contacted by her at least 6 times since the breakup and had an in person visit a couple of months ago. The times I've had to acknowledge her, I've kept conversation to a minimum so I don't give her the impression that I'm still interested. Like my therapist said, "Just practice compassion from a distance. Try not to be angry with her because she is mentally ill."  I'll admit that I still love her, but I can't go down that road with her again because it will just be more of the same.

Take care of yourself and post as much as you need to. There's always someone here that is glad to listen to you. I've been rambling on in here for several months now getting my feelings out.

cash05458

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together/possibly breaking up

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 05:16:48 PM »

Boozle...sorry to hear what you are going thru...this social media stuff is certainly tough. I have noticed many BPD's seem to weaponize it. My ex moved out of our house a mere 5 weeks ago...she had begun chatting on facebook to a stranger a few days before she surprised me by leaving...a week or so after she left she was infatuated with the facebook stranger and a few weeks after that announced her new relationship to all her friends on facebook and is now moving to another country to be with him...many of my friends and neighbors knew of that announcement days before I did as I am not friends with her on facebook...people actually had to contact me and let me know that she had met the love of her life (she says) and is moving to england to be with him...

Brigher is right, if you can disassociate yourself from ANY online social stuff she is part of, try to do so...and as it has been two years since you were last together, only focus on working on yourself...she will play out whatever game is in her head no matter and you cannot do anything about that...protect yourself from that pain and don't look or read...and perhaps finally let her go...   
Boozle

Relationship status: Over

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »

Thanks for listening both of you. ( brighter and cash)

Yes...a lot of the time since this sh. . show started, i have been "alright",
but now and then i get these emotional flashbacks.
I still can't believe that all of this has actually happened.
And i can't believe it has now been two years...(!)

Everything feels surreal.
THAT person, that kind, empathic person, turned into this well, monster, out to hurt me. (at times)
THAT person, who rushed everything in the beginning, saying she "loved me", only 5 months in.
THAT person, who appearently was so afraid that i would leave her, has all but forgotten about me.
It just tears you apart does'nt it?

I mean it's one thing with a more normal breakup, which usually follows after months
of fighting, or "setting demands", or ...yeah.
This happened so fast as if you flip a dime. (yes, due to the splitting, i know.

The good thing about her flaunting her new guy on social media, is that she has now
crossed that line.
A line that i will not forgive.
It makes me understand that it is really over also.
I don't get back together with people who cross this line.

I also seem to pendulate between having empathy for her,
due to her illness,
and just ...hate her for what she has put me through.
For no reason.

Maybe i will block her.

Take care.

/B

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest