Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 29, 2024, 12:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...he has BPD.  (Read 354 times)
Amaryn
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« on: February 04, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »

He's my ex-husband. I thought he had maturity issues and bipolar. Turns out...he has BPD. All the dishonesty, all the lying, and it was to cover up this. I'm so exasperated, angry, and hurt. I spent 11 years telling him I loved him for nothing. Nothing I did could reassure him, because he's a bottomless pit borderline. I want to kill him and I hate myself for loving him - but I'm not planning murder. Obviously. Who posts that online? Loonies. I just mean I'm angry and feeling really threatened. I blocked him on everything I could think of because after he told me he wanted a divorce, he made me do it, then turned around and said he wanted to "Swallow his pride" and get back together. I loved him so much I was dumb enough to say yes. Then he dumped me, and then denied it, and asked for ANOTHER chance. And I said yes! And then he started dodging me on Skype and I finally blew up and sent him an e-mail telling him it was over and I was blocking him on my phone and devices, and I did it, but I'm still reeling.
Baglady

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:36:51 PM »

Hi Amaryn,

Giant hugs to you  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)   

I logged 27 years in total before I figured it out.  It's a hell of a kick in the teeth to find out about a BPD partner so deep into a relationship.  3 years out and I still struggle with the "conned/duped" feelings.  You are in the first hard painful throes of discovery - it does get easier with time.

Lean into the anger and grief...best way is through.

Warmly,
B.
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 09:29:34 PM »

He's my ex-husband. I thought he had maturity issues and bipolar. Turns out...he has BPD. All the dishonesty, all the lying, and it was to cover up this. I'm so exasperated, angry, and hurt. I spent 11 years telling him I loved him for nothing. Nothing I did could reassure him, because he's a bottomless pit borderline. I want to kill him and I hate myself for loving him - but I'm not planning murder. Obviously. Who posts that online? Loonies. I just mean I'm angry and feeling really threatened. I blocked him on everything I could think of because after he told me he wanted a divorce, he made me do it, then turned around and said he wanted to "Swallow his pride" and get back together. I loved him so much I was dumb enough to say yes. Then he dumped me, and then denied it, and asked for ANOTHER chance. And I said yes! And then he started dodging me on Skype and I finally blew up and sent him an e-mail telling him it was over and I was blocking him on my phone and devices, and I did it, but I'm still reeling.

Amaryn, perhaps the best thing I can say...some people suck. It just is what it is and hey sh*t happens! You can change for the better though. Your life will get better. Just focus on you and value yourself. Please be kind to you and don't blame yourself. Above all else though...don't let the experience change you negatively. Focus on the positives of what you can learn from it and strive to do better moving forward.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 10:27:07 AM »

Hey Amaryn, Welcome!  It's likely he will attempt to blame you, if and when he gets in touch.  Forewarned is forearmed!  Your task is to decline to accept any blame and/or guilt trips from him.  In the meantime, don't beat yourself up!  Suggest you be kind to yourself and focus on you and your needs.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest