Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 10:10:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Be My Own Priority?  (Read 374 times)
Mr. Irrelevant

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: April 30, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »

Crying this morning I am glad she knows she needs help so do I it has been a long and lonely road this is my first post I am very relieved to have found this site.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Hope 2021

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Forced Separated

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:49:42 AM »

Buddy, you are not alone.  Admitting that she has a disorder and accepting it is a step in the right direction.    The BDP family website has a lot of critical information that you can use to minimize the challenges that you will probably face in order to help you wife.   She needs help, but the way to help her is not the typical "Spouse assistance" that you may think.   there are a lot of things that you cannot do solely because persons who suffer from this disorder, do not react the same as a normal person.  And the results could easily complicate things for her recovery.   I am not an expert, but my soon to be ex-wife after 21 years, still denies that she has a problem.  Even if I can show her and prove it to her.   They don't see the same thing as you do.  It is an agony that if you don't learn from it and change your strategy, It will get harder and harder.   There are some great posts on this website that will help you find your way of facing these challenges in a more optimist view.   Just my two cents.   Stay strong.   Easier said than done but you have to!
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:48:16 AM »

Hello Mr Irrelevant and welcome Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

As Hope2021 says you've come to the right place for support and understanding, you are not alone.  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)  My daughter hit crisis in 2015, was diagnosed and is now in recovery following DBT and therapy.

I hear your relief, 15 years is a long time and it's been a lonely road. Has your wife worked out herself she's suffering BPD? Did something happen to prompt her admission?

So glad you found us and look forward to hearing more from you, welcome again.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Mr. Irrelevant

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 07:08:47 PM »

Just feeling overwhelmed each and every time I interact with my wife; by the time I deal with the emotional crisis of the moment, I have nothing left inside of me to resolve my own issues...this is why I chose my screen name it's my own personal nickname for myself because any help in finding a way back to the guy who used to have his own dreams and goals in life but is too burned out to care about himself any more would be greatly appreciated.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest