Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:52:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: waves from under the bridge hello all  (Read 473 times)
legalboxers

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ex GF / Fiancée

« on: May 19, 2021, 07:39:31 PM »

Hello all!
I hope everyone is doing okay. Warmer weather has arrived. And for me, the PTSD and Flashbacks are here. My test is fast approaching. Its a bad and sad feeling to know someone who isnt in your life anymore can cause so much grief and pain. I thought I was over her. But something happened and it triggered back. I did something nice out of the goodness of my heart.They have the 3d innovation where you can get a 3D image etched in glass (one was her grandmother, and the other was of her and her mom) So I did something nice and sent it but did not put my name just told them to put a note "You are Welcome" since she never thanks me for anything. I dont want any contact with her, just a final dig to see if she has the common decency to attempt to contact me and thank me, which I know she wont.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:49:42 PM by legalboxers » Logged

when they ask us to do time in purgatory, we can say no thanks, Ive done mine
khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 06:35:45 AM »

hey LB, it is cold and freezing here on the other side of the planet. A bad time to sleep alone. I love the warm jerseys and fireside part of it though, and my expwBPD dysregulates often enough to remind me that it is better to sleep alone and deal with my co-dependency  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Before I replicate those patterns with another person.
It is often said that closure is something we have to gift ourselves. You will not get it from a pwBPD . I think that is what you just gave yourself and it maybe set off your abandonment issues?
Personally, it was a big step for me to learn to recognize when I was triggered. I guess because I was so permanently disassociated that being triggered was the norm. These days I am manic about chanting and exercise. I wake up, chant for 15 mins and then workout. Instant endorphins  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Have you thought about getting a therapist to support you? You are  your own best investment. It is worth it investing some capital into whatever holds you together. You deserve it.
 Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 09:57:59 AM »

Hey LB, I'm sorry to hear about your PTSD and flashbacks.  It's hard to tell what you would like to see happen:

Excerpt
I dont want any contact with her, just a final dig to see if she has the common decency to attempt to contact me and thank me, which I know she wont.

On one hand, you say you don't want any contact; on the other hand, you say you are trying to see if she will contact you and thank you.

It sounds like you have mixed emotions, which is OK and normal.  Maybe you could sit with your feelings for a while and just observe, without the need to take any action.  I wonder whether it might help you to do something to process your unresolved feelings, such as: writing in a journal; seeing a T, as Khibomsis suggests; talking to a close friend or family member; taking a walk in the woods or on the beach; practicing mindfulness; or getting a good physical workout.  You get the idea!

Good luck on your test and keep us posted.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
legalboxers

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 03:30:04 PM »

hey LB, it is cold and freezing here on the other side of the planet. A bad time to sleep alone. I love the warm jerseys and fireside part of it though, and my expwBPD dysregulates often enough to remind me that it is better to sleep alone and deal with my co-dependency  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Before I replicate those patterns with another person.
It is often said that closure is something we have to gift ourselves. You will not get it from a pwBPD . I think that is what you just gave yourself and it maybe set off your abandonment issues?
Personally, it was a big step for me to learn to recognize when I was triggered. I guess because I was so permanently disassociated that being triggered was the norm. These days I am manic about chanting and exercise. I wake up, chant for 15 mins and then workout. Instant endorphins  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Have you thought about getting a therapist to support you? You are  your own best investment. It is worth it investing some capital into whatever holds you together. You deserve it.

hugs! sending warm thoughts and energy. anything could be a trigger, its for me to ignore the trigger. A smell, a thought, a memory. But being where I am wouldnt be wise either. Its all a bag of mush.

legalboxers

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 03:32:06 PM »

I know she cant contact me. Even if I wanted. I blocked her on my house number, and my cell. I actually deleted her name so its so many numbers in my phone Im not going to sift through. Its nicer out, warmer weather, maybe one day I will go into the park and meditate or something.

Rex31807

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »

I did something for me this last week and I felt anxiety over it. I am sad about the loss of the relationship.  What I've learned is that over time it changed me. I don't believe I was co-dependent until this relationship and it has definitely thrown me for a loop. I feel guilty about not being there and doing things. I had to do everything inside the house, the yard, the pool, all meals. I would wake up and get the coffee ready, make her breakfast and take care of the dogs. I was not allowed to go exercise until she left for work and I worked from home. When she got home then I would be on point for dinner and any criticism she had to dish out. She would get mad about foot rubs. It was awful. I didn't have a life and became an empty shell.
legalboxers

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 07:51:45 PM »

I know she cant contact me. Even if I wanted. I blocked her on my house number, and my cell. I actually deleted her name so its so many numbers in my phone Im not going to sift through. Its nicer out, warmer weather, maybe one day I will go into the park and meditate or something.

legalboxers

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 07:52:29 PM »

legalboxers

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 07:56:32 PM »

I did something for me this last week and I felt anxiety over it. I am sad about the loss of the relationship.  What I've learned is that over time it changed me. I don't believe I was co-dependent until this relationship and it has definitely thrown me for a loop. I feel guilty about not being there and doing things. I had to do everything inside the house, the yard, the pool, all meals. I would wake up and get the coffee ready, make her breakfast and take care of the dogs. I was not allowed to go exercise until she left for work and I worked from home. When she got home then I would be on point for dinner and any criticism she had to dish out. She would get mad about foot rubs. It was awful. I didn't have a life and became an empty shell.

She has 4 cats, when I use to come by I use to say "hey kids, daddys here" they all came running and meowing...

khibomsis

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 09:37:23 PM »

Dear LB, you want to tell us about the mush? It helps to write it out sometimes. Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

legalboxers

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 06:41:55 PM »

Dear LB, you want to tell us about the mush? It helps to write it out sometimes. Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

mush..my brain.. oatmeal.. mush..Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

legalboxers

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 06:42:41 PM »

Im trying to find me...

legalboxers

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 06:43:42 PM »

Hey LB, I'm sorry to hear about your PTSD and flashbacks.  It's hard to tell what you would like to see happen:

On one hand, you say you don't want any contact; on the other hand, you say you are trying to see if she will contact you and thank you.

It sounds like you have mixed emotions, which is OK and normal.  Maybe you could sit with your feelings for a while and just observe, without the need to take any action.  I wonder whether it might help you to do something to process your unresolved feelings, such as: writing in a journal; seeing a T, as Khibomsis suggests; talking to a close friend or family member; taking a walk in the woods or on the beach; practicing mindfulness; or getting a good physical workout.  You get the idea!

Good luck on your test and keep us posted.

LuckyJim

Its bee nice here. I should but my mind keeps going back. Especially if Im by a beach

khibomsis

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 02:49:05 AM »

LB, how are you doing with eating and sleeping? I find if one gets those basics right the brainfog clears in time.

legalboxers

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 09:07:56 PM »

LB, how are you doing with eating and sleeping? I find if one gets those basics right the brainfog clears in time.

I’m not Frustrated/Unfortunate (click to insert in post)

khibomsis

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 01:09:23 AM »

dear LB, I'm so sorry to hear that!  If you can share what you are doing to get the basics right maybe we can advise how to get back on an even keel.
Exercise, for instance is really helpful in helping the brain restore sleep patterns. Even 20 minutes a day will help.

legalboxers

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 09:00:05 AM »

dear LB, I'm so sorry to hear that!  If you can share what you are doing to get the basics right maybe we can advise how to get back on an even keel.
Exercise, for instance is really helpful in helping the brain restore sleep patterns. Even 20 minutes a day will help.

TY! huggg hope you are ok

khibomsis

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 04:31:49 AM »

All good this side LB! Hope you too? What are you doing to improve the eating and sleeping?  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

legalboxers

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »

All good this side LB! Hope you too? What are you doing to improve the eating and sleeping?  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)
Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Memorial Day Weekend here.. cold and rainy

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest