Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A broken clock is right only 2x a day. This clock...facepalm  (Read 371 times)
legalboxers

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ex GF / Fiancée

« on: July 31, 2021, 09:01:50 AM »

so the newest saga with the ex. I deleted her and blocked her from my phone. I did not use those robo-call type app since Im trying to purchase a new house and I need to be able to accept calls from agents. So I am working on a project and I get a private call, mind you I did not pay attention to see who was calling me and I seen it was her *facepalm*.

It was the Greatest hits as usual. So I'm just letting her talk. Thinking she will eventually stop. But nope. She then goes on saying "After you I was scared, I am with someone..etc"..Mind you I heard this song 4x since August 2020. In her mind, "random" means something you can foresee. And those people who popped up in my life "RANDOMLY" and clearly "OUT OF THE BLUE" I could of foreseen. The example I gave her was "your driving down a dark road, going at a decent speed. And you hit a pothole". Now you dont know the pothole is there. But she expects you to know that the pothole is there..

If I could predict potholes are there Id be a damn genius! I told her I needed to go my doctor was calling me. She always monopolizes the conversation and talks about what her grandmother and her mother would say, etc. again.. like a broken record.

she says she cant watch "90 day fiancee" because of me. But she can watch "Family Karma" she actually got me into that, and even watched it with me the day before her mom died.. So I dont know.. I know Im over her...

when they ask us to do time in purgatory, we can say no thanks, Ive done mine
B53

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »

“I know I’m over her”

Good for you, way to go!
legalboxers

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »

“I know I’m over her”

Good for you, way to go!

If she is with someone what is the point in contacting me and beating that same drum many times

Cromwell
`

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »

I can only share my own experience here. The newly besotted, soon to be engulfed, gets paraded out for external validation.

Im British. I have to hear, whether I like it or not, when the Royals get married, our TV and news get overwhelmed.

its a form of her mania fuel, new object energy. its the drug fuel high before the knock down, it needs some fuel and that fuel is the emotions of others. If a glass is about to overfill it needs another to decant some in, lest fall to the ground. Its the same, they cant contain the intensity, it needs a way to offload elsewhere. Doesnt matter what your reaction is.

if you choose to historically answer that phone and listen to her blithering each time, the that is the point of contacting you - your regarded as a reliable chap. Useful.
legalboxers

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 06:33:41 PM »

I can only share my own experience here. The newly besotted, soon to be engulfed, gets paraded out for external validation.

Im British. I have to hear, whether I like it or not, when the Royals get married, our TV and news get overwhelmed.

its a form of her mania fuel, new object energy. its the drug fuel high before the knock down, it needs some fuel and that fuel is the emotions of others. If a glass is about to overfill it needs another to decant some in, lest fall to the ground. Its the same, they cant contain the intensity, it needs a way to offload elsewhere. Doesnt matter what your reaction is.

if you choose to historically answer that phone and listen to her blithering each time, the that is the point of contacting you - your regarded as a reliable chap. Useful.

Id rather hear about Princess Di, Prince William, the Duchess of York than her bloody rants. My patience is slowly getting to ignore her. And let her talk. Can call it a crying baby, eventually it will stop...

grumpydonut

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 01:49:17 AM »

Hey Legal,

Would like to challenge you on that last post. Even listening to her is being a useful pawn in her game. If you're truly over her, you will start to ignore her by not even picking up the phone.

That said, you look like you're making some serious progress on this!
legalboxers

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »

Hey Legal,

Would like to challenge you on that last post. Even listening to her is being a useful pawn in her game. If you're truly over her, you will start to ignore her by not even picking up the phone.

That said, you look like you're making some serious progress on this!

You do have a valid point.. Im learning though...

khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 02:54:09 AM »

Dear LB, get caller ID. That she knows  she is blocked and still trying to get through on private number shows you how desperate she is for narcissistic supply. I'm guessing current boyfriend does not feed her the energy she needs. So, LB, my friend you are getting the dysregulations but not the sex. Does that make any sense to you? Sorry to be blunt but this is tough love time.
 Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

legalboxers

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 10:41:19 AM »

Dear LB, get caller ID. That she knows  she is blocked and still trying to get through on private number shows you how desperate she is for narcissistic supply. I'm guessing current boyfriend does not feed her the energy she needs. So, LB, my friend you are getting the dysregulations but not the sex. Does that make any sense to you? Sorry to be blunt but this is tough love time.
 Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

Not sure what it was. She left me a long winded email about how she went out with a friend and how he didnt text her for 5 hours (though facebook messenger - never having their phone number) and how he asked for a "selfie"... I need to cut her off and fast..

Sappho11

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 02:17:16 PM »

Not sure what it was. She left me a long winded email about how she went out with a friend and how he didnt text her for 5 hours (though facebook messenger - never having their phone number) and how he asked for a "selfie"... I need to cut her off and fast..

Preaching to the choir here, but I'd like to add my "get out" vote.

After the first discard, my ex called me complaining that two women he'd had a crush on years ago hadn't responded to his messages. He said himself that he was on a downward spiral. I told him his issues weren't my problem anymore and hung up.

Regardless, I ended up taking him back a week and a half later, once he had figured out exactly what it was that he needed to tell me in order to do so. And boy, the months that followed... absolute hell. Don't recommend.

What I'm trying to say is: Calling you to complain is possibly her way of getting a foot in the door, a kind of proto-h00ver. I hope you're smarter than I was.
legalboxers

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »

Preaching to the choir here, but I'd like to add my "get out" vote.

After the first discard, my ex called me complaining that two women he'd had a crush on years ago hadn't responded to his messages. He said himself that he was on a downward spiral. I told him his issues weren't my problem anymore and hung up.

Regardless, I ended up taking him back a week and a half later, once he had figured out exactly what it was that he needed to tell me in order to do so. And boy, the months that followed... absolute hell. Don't recommend.

What I'm trying to say is: Calling you to complain is possibly her way of getting a foot in the door, a kind of proto-h00ver. I hope you're smarter than I was.

I agree.. I put my foot down and told her I am not interested in what she is selling

khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 07:48:08 PM »

Way to go LB!  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

legalboxers

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 08:14:04 PM »

Way to go LB!  Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

TY! TY!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest