Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 05:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen back in treatment again  (Read 398 times)
Myownbaggage
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married

« on: October 12, 2021, 09:28:26 PM »

My teen is back in his second residential treatment. ( 3 weeks in ) He had pretty much completely stopped functioning, was cutting more and with more active suicidal ideations. A year and a half ago when he was first in treatment for a suicide attempt, he was showing a leaning towards bipolar disorder with class B trait tendencies. Medications have help some of that, but now he is clearly showing BPD as a primary red flag, although no one is ready to actually diagnose anything at this point. I am looking for more support as he transitions back home in a few months. I am thankful to have found this group.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Sancho
Ambassador

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 02:18:15 AM »

You have had a tough time Myownbaggage. This is such a difficult journey to go on with a child who is distressed and self harming and suicidal. The range of emotions that we go through and the distress is enormous.

It is good to come here - to know you are not alone. We all have experienced many aspects of the BPD diagnosis in the living with the ones we love.

Hopefully this treatment will be most helpful and you will be able to relax a little. In the meantime I hope he is well cared for and that you can use this time to regroup and restore some of the energy that you have undoubtedly used up supporting your son.

Keep in touch and I hope you find this site as useful as I do.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest