Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 07:11:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex blocked me and is gone now. Where to go from here?  (Read 464 times)
Deidara_12

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: May 15, 2022, 03:26:13 PM »

So my ex finally gathered all of her things from my house and then blocked me on all social media, then told our mutual friend that she blocked me and that she "understands if he talks to you about me, but I'd prefer if you guys didn't". This has been an absolute roller coaster of emotions. We've broken up before, but it only took about 3 or so weeks for us to get back together but this time it feels like she's really gone. I'm kind of shocked still a bit, it all happened rather fast. The break up, the "maybe we can try again when Im in a better place and still love you" to "I want NOTHING to do with you ever again". I joined a discord server dedicated to people with BPD and got some advice there that's helped a lot but I'm still left feeling...weird about it. So when we broke up again last month it was due to her mental health. She was telling me how hard it is for her to not self harm, or think of suicide again, I understood. I really wanted to help her, she wants therapy but never made the step for it and living with her was an awful time to be honest. Never took care of her animals, our room and it got to the point where I'd come home from work and have to clean EVERYTHING all the time. Was so overwhelming. So my big mistake was when I gave her an ultimatum. I told her if she doesn't get therapy(I told her I'd take her there and even help pay) and start taking care of her/our animals and the room, that she should move out.

That triggered her and she lost it, started crying. She told me she was homeless before and if I really loved her I wouldn't have done that. She's been hostile towards me ever since and has refused the idea of therapy, told me I was a "psycho" for giving her an ultimatum and for telling her she needs therapy and she has been deflecting everything on to me. I'm depressed by all this honestly. I do love her and want her to get better, but in the end I was tired of trying to fight for her love again. I was constantly saying "Please, I love you and want to be there for you! I'll always be there for you" and that seemed to only anger her more. So I finally agreed with her and said "Maybe you're right, we should go no contact. And maybe we're not compatible long term". I don't even believe those words, but I honestly was tired of trying to, like "prove myself" to her ya know? Everyone I talked to that has BPD/understands BPD says very similar things like "When she comes back" or "when she unblocks you" like it's almost a given. Which I find so strange because she seemly hates me now. I'd just love to hear some insight from others with experience. Either with a pwBPD or BPD themselves. I love her don't get me wrong, but I am moving on with my life. I've started casually dating again and am continuing with college and my career...I just wish she'd get help and apologize...at least eventually. Any thoughts and opinions are very much so appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 03:31:55 PM by Deidara_12 » Logged
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 03:43:14 AM »

So my ex finally gathered all of her things from my house and then blocked me on all social media, then told our mutual friend that she blocked me and that she "understands if he talks to you about me, but I'd prefer if you guys didn't". This has been an absolute roller coaster of emotions. We've broken up before, but it only took about 3 or so weeks for us to get back together but this time it feels like she's really gone. I'm kind of shocked still a bit, it all happened rather fast. The break up, the "maybe we can try again when Im in a better place and still love you" to "I want NOTHING to do with you ever again". I joined a discord server dedicated to people with BPD and got some advice there that's helped a lot but I'm still left feeling...weird about it. So when we broke up again last month it was due to her mental health. She was telling me how hard it is for her to not self harm, or think of suicide again, I understood. I really wanted to help her, she wants therapy but never made the step for it and living with her was an awful time to be honest. Never took care of her animals, our room and it got to the point where I'd come home from work and have to clean EVERYTHING all the time. Was so overwhelming. So my big mistake was when I gave her an ultimatum. I told her if she doesn't get therapy(I told her I'd take her there and even help pay) and start taking care of her/our animals and the room, that she should move out.

That triggered her and she lost it, started crying. She told me she was homeless before and if I really loved her I wouldn't have done that. She's been hostile towards me ever since and has refused the idea of therapy, told me I was a "psycho" for giving her an ultimatum and for telling her she needs therapy and she has been deflecting everything on to me. I'm depressed by all this honestly. I do love her and want her to get better, but in the end I was tired of trying to fight for her love again. I was constantly saying "Please, I love you and want to be there for you! I'll always be there for you" and that seemed to only anger her more. So I finally agreed with her and said "Maybe you're right, we should go no contact. And maybe we're not compatible long term". I don't even believe those words, but I honestly was tired of trying to, like "prove myself" to her ya know? Everyone I talked to that has BPD/understands BPD says very similar things like "When she comes back" or "when she unblocks you" like it's almost a given. Which I find so strange because she seemly hates me now. I'd just love to hear some insight from others with experience. Either with a pwBPD or BPD themselves. I love her don't get me wrong, but I am moving on with my life. I've started casually dating again and am continuing with college and my career...I just wish she'd get help and apologize...at least eventually. Any thoughts and opinions are very much so appreciated!

Well I think it would be in your best interest to continue to use this resource to help you heal and move on. We are a fam here and we will be here listening and support you to be the best YOU.

So before we move any further...I am simply going to ask you...where do you want to go? What do you want to happen? What plans and goals do you have?

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Deidara_12

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 10:33:41 AM »

Well I think it would be in your best interest to continue to use this resource to help you heal and move on. We are a fam here and we will be here listening and support you to be the best YOU.

So before we move any further...I am simply going to ask you...where do you want to go? What do you want to happen? What plans and goals do you have?

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

The goals I have in my life are currently to continue college and focus on my career. While I do that I'm trying to better myself. I want to go back to the gym, get my ears pierced, some tattoos I've always wanted but I do want her to apologize some day and to seek help. I'd like to try again with her, but with her in therapy at the same time. I can't control what she does, or doesn't do but I do wish for it.
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 12:26:03 AM »

The goals I have in my life are currently to continue college and focus on my career. While I do that I'm trying to better myself. I want to go back to the gym, get my ears pierced, some tattoos I've always wanted but I do want her to apologize some day and to seek help. I'd like to try again with her, but with her in therapy at the same time. I can't control what she does, or doesn't do but I do wish for it.

The best part here...the chapter is unwritten and unscripted so use your FREE WILL and DO YOU. You want to go back to the gym...sounds fantastic. The best tip I can provide with the gym...humble yourself and try to focus on the mind-muscle connection/contraction. This will have many benefits...it will help you mentally and emotionally heal because you will be placing your focus on something else that requires a lot of effort. Additionally, you will start to look and feel better. Win-Win.

Cheers and best wishes to you!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest