Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 11:11:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex has fallen back into old behavior  (Read 435 times)
Deidara_12

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: May 18, 2022, 05:29:16 PM »

So my ex has found my replacement. Honestly it hurt seeing it at first but I know the guy. He has a kid...and sells coke. Everyone that knows about it was texting me telling me she's downgraded. I feel a little vindicated but at the same time I'm sad. Not sad because she's gone or moved on, but because it looks like she's going down the path of becoming a drug addict again. Her parents loved me because they know I have goals, ambition and wasn't a degenerate so i can only imagine their response when they see him. She told me I was her first healthy relationship, but now I see she's gone back to something she's more familiar with, deadbeat men with nothing going for them. I know I sound spiteful but I don't intend to. I know realistically I was the best thing for her but she made her choice. I can promise 100% that if she ends up falling apart again I will not be picking up any of the pieces.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 11:22:47 PM »

That sounds very tough to hear about... and sad that she's relapsing. It's like hope was there, and then robbed or defeated.

It's a 1-2 gut punch to be "replaced." One, the hurt; two, the thoughts that if only our partners had stayed, their lives would have been so much better. What do you feel?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 12:17:35 AM »

That sounds very tough to hear about... and sad that she's relapsing. It's like hope was there, and then robbed or defeated.

It's a 1-2 gut punch to be "replaced." One, the hurt; two, the thoughts that if only our partners had stayed, their lives would have been so much better. What do you feel?

As my partner in crime Turk states here it is definitely a kick in the nuts.

The only thing I wanted to add on as food for thought is more perspective from another angle...

"The thought that if only our partners had stayed, their lives would have been so much better." - D12...Turk's thought here is certainly true and I am pretty sure many of us have shared. However, like I said I am providing food for thought from another perspective. Yes you may have had that thought, but I have to flip the question back onto you and put the spotlight on you and you solely...Her life would have been better if she stayed, but do you feel or think YOUR life would have been so much better?

And my friend just wanted to let you know...we have your back here and I am happy to see your thought process that you will not be a doormat and pick up the pieces of humpty dumpty for her. For your sake I hope you can stay the course while also being able to work through the pain and remain positive moving forward for yourself.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 01:19:28 AM »

To build upon what SC said, 9 years out, and I still not sure if it had been better if she hadn't left. My friends say,  Cursing - won't cause site restrictions at Starbucks (click to insert in post) yeah! That my life is better. I tend to agree, though sometimes I still miss her... and that's OK to feel what I do.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Unknown at this point

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 02:00:47 AM »

A day off six weeks since the amputation for me, and I think I need to echo what has already been said above. Yes, we may indeed have been the best thing for them, at the very least from our perspective. The reality is, it wasn’t enough and it was likely never going to be enough.

I dedicated many years into my partner’s mental illness. I was there for her the whole way, 100%. My efforts were rarely appreciated. More often than not I was abused and painted out to be a psychopathic a***hole to her family. They were never there for her; they have no idea of the reality of her illness. They will get a glimpse now though. But who cares? The only good thing is I am not around that daily mental  bull Cursing - won't cause site restrictions at Starbucks (click to insert in post).

We may have been good for them, but they were not good for us. That is the shift in my thinking, six weeks after the fall.
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 01:58:46 PM »

A day off six weeks since the amputation for me, and I think I need to echo what has already been said above. Yes, we may indeed have been the best thing for them, at the very least from our perspective. The reality is, it wasn’t enough and it was likely never going to be enough.

I dedicated many years into my partner’s mental illness. I was there for her the whole way, 100%. My efforts were rarely appreciated. More often than not I was abused and painted out to be a psychopathic a***hole to her family. They were never there for her; they have no idea of the reality of her illness. They will get a glimpse now though. But who cares? The only good thing is I am not around that daily mental  bull Cursing - won't cause site restrictions at Starbucks (click to insert in post).

We may have been good for them, but they were not good for us. That is the shift in my thinking, six weeks after the fall.

^^^This is powerful because it shows you are grasping that you have to take care of YOU. Stick with that thinking because it will help you heal and make you stronger moving forward. The only word of caution that I have though is that you cannot let the negative feelings of anger over the situation build bitterness in you.

Cheers and best wishes to you!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest