Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 10:27:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black hangers  (Read 203 times)
dtkm

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: February 24, 2024, 01:04:07 PM »

So now it’s the black hangers!  I never thought that I would have a conversation about hangers, but then again I never thought about most of the crap in my life nowadays!  My uBPDh bought 2 packs of hangers when he moved back in, one was black hangers and one was white hangers. The majority of our other hangers are white or the wire ones. I put away both of our laundry most of the time, but when o haven’t had time and my h is trying to show “that he doesn’t need me” he puts it away…what a rebel thing huh! Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)!  The last 2 times he has done so, I have noticed that clothes that were hung in my closet were on the floor. I realized today that he is “taking back” all of the hangers that he bought!  So I took all of the black hangers out of my closet and nicely hung them in his closet. Hoping to save me from having to continually have to pick up my clothes after he takes them. I am not wanting to stoop to his level, and just want to ignore his kid shenanigans  Is what I have done ok?  I literally hung them with all of his other hangers, I didn’t throw them on the ground or anything like that.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

Formerly known as broken person…

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:06:29 PM »

That’s exactly what I would do these days in such a situation. I normally find my dbpdw does not bother taking an issue further if she doesn’t get the drama and emotional reaction she was aiming for. Good luck!

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
Notwendy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 06:19:50 AM »

I think it's time he put his own clothes away, on his own hangers, in his own closet. Smiling (click to insert in post)

I wouldn't say a word about it and don't react emotionally. It's good you just hung the clothes on "his" hangers and didn't respond with throwing his on the floor.

Without saying anything, buy him his own laundry basket for his laundry. If you can find a matching black one- great but if not, be sure it's a different color than the ones you use- this is going to be *his* laundry basket.

That's where his clothes go if you take them out of the dryer. If he wants them hung up - he can do it himself. No need to say anyting- just leave them there.

This is a form of "natural consequences". He can have his own hangers if he wants, and so can you. No big deal. But if he's going to throw your clothes on the floor, that is disrespectful behavior.  You were thinking "his and hers" - sharing. He wants his own- so OK- his hangers, his closet- his clothes- are his responsibility. You continue to keep your cool. It's just another way to manage the laundry.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest