Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 12:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD and the Church 2 (Christian Discussion)  (Read 468 times)
empath

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:19 PM »

Continuation of the discussion about BPD and Christianity.

A little over a month ago, uBPDh became extremely frustrated and went into a rage. This led to a physical incident where he put his hands on my neck. This weekend, we were talking about it, and he said that he was angry that God didn't prevent him from acting that way. He doesn't think God hears him.

This isn't the first time that he has started feeling abandoned by God because things happen in a way that he doesn't want them to.

Right now, he is putting on a good front in public, but at home, he is expressing his feelings -- and trying to convince me that I'm not supported by our church and/or God. I've become pretty good at keeping my head in reality.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

flowerpath

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »

1. He's angry that God didn't prevent him from putting his hands on your neck and he feels abandoned by God.

2. He's trying to convince you that you are not supported by the church and/or God. 

Wow.  It's a good thing you are keeping your head in reality.

Does his trying to convince you that you are not supported by the church and/or God have something to do with what he sees as lack of submission?  And how you have boundaries?

flowerpath

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

BTW, my H put his hands around my neck ONE time.  Long time ago, but it's etched in my memory.
tjay933

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:27:32 PM »

your first responsible before God, then man. "we must obey God as ruler rather than men" is what the apostles told the religious leaders of their day and it applies today as well and in marriages.

imo-my God has given me the strength to continue on and to endure to this point. He has never yelled at me, demeaned me or degraded me in any way so why would i chose a man over Him? He has ensured that i have a roof over my head and food in my stomache, not man, God. i have felt His help in more ways and in more instances than I can get into for help when I needed it, i will not leave my God for any man. He can give you the same strength as well. Men will come and go but God will be there forever. He loves women and men alike.

my BPDh also feels abandoned by God but with such behaviour, maybe there's a reason God doesn't help him? it is written (in micah i think) that God will not hear the prayers of those who abuse their wives. so if God isn't helping him, maybe that's because he should behave better?
empath

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:19:32 PM »

Excerpt
Does his trying to convince you that you are not supported by the church and/or God have something to do with what he sees as lack of submission?  And how you have boundaries?

I guess the answer is in a sort of round about way. Currently, it is more an issue of my being in a leadership position which makes him 'uncomfortable'. Our church is the most supportive one towards women that I have attended. He is rethinking his own position and goals, so mine get lumped into his. We've been on this road before, and this time, I recognized the scenery earlier.

We've had other times when he claims that I am not submissive. Yeah, I don't submit to things that I (and God) think are wrong -- especially when I am being forcefully told to submit to his 'authority'. Submission is not the same as obedience.

The hindrance of prayer is in 1 Peter.

Thankfully, H is trying. He is seeking professional outside help, now (meds, therapy, doctors).
mywifecrazy

Relationship status: Divorced

Picking myself off the canvas for the last time!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »

your first responsible before God, then man. "we must obey God as ruler rather than men" is what the apostles told the religious leaders of their day and it applies today as well and in marriages.

imo-my God has given me the strength to continue on and to endure to this point. He has never yelled at me, demeaned me or degraded me in any way so why would i chose a man over Him? He has ensured that i have a roof over my head and food in my stomache, not man, God. i have felt His help in more ways and in more instances than I can get into for help when I needed it, i will not leave my God for any man. He can give you the same strength as well. Men will come and go but God will be there forever. He loves women and men alike.

my BPDh also feels abandoned by God but with such behaviour, maybe there's a reason God doesn't help him? it is written (in micah i think) that God will not hear the prayers of those who abuse their wives. so if God isn't helping him, maybe that's because he should behave better?

Love your post. Reminds me of my favorite verse. Rom 8:28

MWC... .Being cool (click to insert in post)

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18, 19)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest