Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 10:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help... hurting bad today  (Read 357 times)
afterdeath

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single...4 months post bpdex

« on: February 06, 2013, 04:56:42 PM »

I have no where else to turn today. Yesterday I was numb and pushed a friend away as I just wasn't in the mood to deal with any one and needed space.

Jokingly I've been blaming my mood on my favorite football team losing the superbowl but it seems it's just the mask hiding my true feelings.

I am currently sitting at work with tears built up. I have not cried since December I don't believe. I don't know why I'm growing weaker... .  assumingly because of Valentines day approaching but I don't know.

I really miss her. I miss her friendship, I miss her companionship, and I miss her daughter who I was considered daddy to.

Sorry, just having a weak day and needed to vent, back to sucking back the tears and lifting more heavy boxes.
Newton

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

Hey afterdeath... .  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling today.  It's great you decided to reach out here.

I know the grief can seem overwhelming at times... .  I don't see allowing yourself to experience these emotions as "growing weaker"... .  quite the opposite in fact.  If you have somewhere private, have a damn good cry!... .  I always felt this was like the release of days of emotional pressure building up.

Things are still very immediate and raw for you... .  lean into those feelings... .  they will pass. 
afterdeath

Relationship status: single...4 months post bpdex

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »

Hey afterdeath... .  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling today.  It's great you decided to reach out here.

I know the grief can seem overwhelming at times... .  I don't see allowing yourself to experience these emotions as "growing weaker"... .  quite the opposite in fact.  If you have somewhere private, have a damn good cry!... .  I always felt this was like the release of days of emotional pressure building up.

Things are still very immediate and raw for you... .  lean into those feelings... .  they will pass. 

Thank you Newton. As always I highly appreciate you. Thanks for the tip, you are right, when I do cry it feels like an emotional release, I will give it a good sob fest on the dive home.

This reminds me of the Dane cook skit where he plans to have a good cry.

Thank you for the validation. At a near six months many are confused at why I'm not over it and what's wrong with me so I just bottle it up to myself mostly going through the motion of the days routine numb to the world until faking it becomes too much and I break down.

A good cry may do me some good.
Changed4safety

Relationship status: Living together, three and a half years

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »

A BPD relationship is MUCH different than an ordinary breakup.  They are damaged and so are we by the relationship.  Few will understand who aren't familiar with how deeply this type of relationship can hurt.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest