Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 01:30:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok am I wrong doing this ?  (Read 820 times)
bpdgotmegood

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Single and suffering to overcome BPD X

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »

The fact that she is not old enough to buy beer, regardless of IF you drink it means she is a child.  Technically a teenager.  You asked.  I'm not saying you are "wrong" exactly, but making a poor choice for YOURSELF. 

Uh, also, were you joking about God sending her as a gift?  I'm pretty sure God doesn't send girls with daddy issues as pity f*#&s.

very true maybe I am making a poor choice and have to stick to my strength and pass. explain to her I am not ready to see anyone or be with anyone. and then say damn your strong. I will try my hardest to pass.

And yes the god statement was a joke.
zero0zero0zero0

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »

The fact that she is not old enough to buy beer, regardless of IF you drink it means she is a child.  Technically a teenager.  You asked.  I'm not saying you are "wrong" exactly, but making a poor choice for YOURSELF. 

Uh, also, were you joking about God sending her as a gift?  I'm pretty sure God doesn't send girls with daddy issues as pity f*#&s.

very true maybe I am making a poor choice and have to stick to my strength and pass. explain to her I am not ready to see anyone or be with anyone. and then say damn your strong. I will try my hardest to pass.

And yes the god statement was a joke.

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Okay, it's funny as a joke.  Scary to think some people do think that way... .   
ifsogirl26

Relationship status: Married 5 yrs together 12 yrs

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »

She could easily be your own daughter, you are twice her age. Although its technically legal she is a teenager and she has to have some serious issues herself.

Please find someone closer to an adult. She offered that should be enough to boost your ego.
SoundMind

Relationship status: leaving

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »

She could easily be your own daughter, you are twice her age. Although its technically legal she is a teenager and she has to have some serious issues herself.

Please find someone closer to an adult. She offered that should be enough to boost your ego.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thank you. As a mom to daughters (and a former teenage girl long ago) all I can think is GAK! That poor girl! Nothing wrong with you for being flattered by an attractive young woman who is interested in you, but you asked so, yes, I do think acting on it would be wrong.

bpdgotmegood

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:33 AM »

Your all correct it did raise my ego and yeah she is old enough to be my daughter and well I will have to tell her no since it would be morally wrong of me. Thanks for the support.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thank you. As a mom to daughters (and a former teenage girl long ago) all I can think is GAK! That poor girl! Nothing wrong with you for being flattered by an attractive young woman who is interested in you, but you asked so, yes, I do think acting on it would be wrong.

Im.okay.now
Formerly Whataride

Relationship status: In a great relationship with someone who isn't nuts !

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 05:53:24 AM »

PS: I have not once thought positive of my BPD today as a matter of fact after my therapy today it all became clear in my brain and I must move on with my life full bore all the way .

When we were kids ... .my brothers and i would run around like crazed maniacs and our Mom would call out: "Stop it before someone gets hurt !"

Your story reminded me of this. You are not even out of the "gates of hell" yet and you are considering sticking your toe into a pool filled with hungry alligators to test the water.

Sometimes when we are hurt and feel like our lives are out of control we grab at anything to try to stabilize ourselves. Maybe this is what you are feeling ?

I can understand where you are coming from ... .but maybe you should consider just looking after yourself for a while and start to feel better before you enter into something that has the potential of blowing up in your face.

Sometime things start innocently enough until someone gets serious and then you are left to deal with a whole bunch of feelings that you don't need right now. If i was in your shoes i would resist the temptation and avoid the risk. Before "someone gets hurt".

Take care

ION   
FreeToBe

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

All I know is if a 39 y/o man got near mt 19 y/o daughter, he better be prepared to eat lead... .Smiling (click to insert in post)
bpdgotmegood

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 12:43:03 AM »

Well I stood tall and told her I felt flattered but couldn't do it because I felt it was just wrong. And she said I understand and respect that.

So I went to the gym and worked out for 4 hours and damn I feel great And I cooked a nice big cuban meal today and top tell you the truth I feel blessed.

And I probably would have gone for it if you fine people here didn't open my eyes!

Thanks I truly appreciate it.

Valentine09

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »

That's awesome, glad we could hold you accountable!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
recovering

Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »

Well I stood tall and told her I felt flattered but couldn't do it because I felt it was just wrong. And she said I understand and respect that.

So I went to the gym and worked out for 4 hours and damn I feel great And I cooked a nice big cuban meal today and top tell you the truth I feel blessed.

Hah! Good for you!  You are truly blessed.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
zero0zero0zero0

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:16 AM »

And I probably would have gone for it if you fine people here didn't open my eyes!

I'm proud of you.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  
turtlesoup

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

OK so I have been away and not together with my x BPD for over 1 month, And loyal and alone but now a client of mine who is a very nice young lady 19 and smoking hot wants to cheer me up she wants to hang out and liven my life up.

The ? is should I mess with her to help get over BPD or will this lower me as a man ? I am 39 and the girl for fun is 19 that makes me feel kinda weird but OMG .

Maybe god is giving me a gift for accepting the seperation and doing the correct thing to leave the BPD alone!

Or maybe the devil has sent temptation my way to see if i eat the poison fruit ? But all I can say as good as she makes me feel I gotta eat the fruit.

so now please tell me to not do it and for me to behave please !

This is so tempting am I morally wrong ? or is it fine and dandy ?

She noticed I was sad other day and we talked and she told me she feels for me and would like to cook for me and hang out and help liven me up she misses the happy go lucky side of me and wants it back in my spirit and eyes.

please inform me of my move.

PS: I have not once thought positive of my BPD today as a matter of fact after my therapy today it all became clear in my brain and I must move on with my life full bore all the way .

Im 30, I wouldn't be interested in a 19 year old. What possibly can she have to say to you? And i certainly wouldn't want to sleep with her. I know im a man in a minority here but I just don't rob the cradle. If you are ok with it morally then u are ok.
turtlesoup

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 08:13:33 AM »

OK so I have been away and not together with my x BPD for over 1 month, And loyal and alone but now a client of mine who is a very nice young lady 19 and smoking hot wants to cheer me up she wants to hang out and liven my life up.

The ? is should I mess with her to help get over BPD or will this lower me as a man ? I am 39 and the girl for fun is 19 that makes me feel kinda weird but OMG .

Maybe god is giving me a gift for accepting the seperation and doing the correct thing to leave the BPD alone!

Or maybe the devil has sent temptation my way to see if i eat the poison fruit ? But all I can say as good as she makes me feel I gotta eat the fruit.

so now please tell me to not do it and for me to behave please !

This is so tempting am I morally wrong ? or is it fine and dandy ?

She noticed I was sad other day and we talked and she told me she feels for me and would like to cook for me and hang out and help liven me up she misses the happy go lucky side of me and wants it back in my spirit and eyes.

please inform me of my move.

Im 30, I wouldn't be interested in a 19 year old. What possibly can she have to say to you? And i certainly wouldn't want to sleep with her. I know im a man in a minority here but I just don't rob the cradle. If you are ok with it morally then u are ok.

Oh you already told her no! Well good for you, and yes it is flattering.
SoundMind

Relationship status: leaving

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »

You did the right thing!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
LeroyBrown

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »

Ditto. Props brother.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest