Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 09:16:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do people with BPD act when they drink?  (Read 2101 times)
left4good

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

drunk

Left
downinahole

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »

drunk

HAHAHH... .Yes.!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
InJourneyThroughOz

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »

Sexual, angry, flirting around, crying, horny, horny-hater, making scenes, trying to get me into fights, loving, kinky, puritan, not wanting to get out of the car, not wanting to leave the car, wanting me to take her to her house, demanding sex after calling me #"$"%&"$, telling me I understand her, telling me I don't understand her, walking down the street knocking on the neighbours door asking for refugee from me, telling me she loved me, she hated me, horny.

But she didn't have a drinking problem. She couldn't 'remember' next day, or I was too boring and didn't know how to party, or whatever. Then with FOG I was worried about her but didn't do anything nor told her anything trying not to make a bigger problem.

Funny thing, the only day I wanted to get 'drunk' and ask her to 'take an eye on me' she ranted, and pissed off. Good thing I was drunk and didn't care 'bout her ranting of not being able to 'party'. 

confuseddotcom

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »

in my experience, horny and/or tearful
TonyC
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: single

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

my ex turned 22... .she was actually 48 prior to the drinks... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

havana

Relationship status: Widower

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »

Mine use to be much more fun to be around. She doesn't drink very much now but when she does she gets ornery.

Life is short. Shorter for some than others.
fogbound
formerly "reevega"

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

My ex would get horny after drinking or smoking pot. First time she cheated she blamed the booze the second time she blamed the pot then said there was something in the pot that made her comatose and claimed rape. That was 3 weeks after I filed for divorce. She realized that it was all her fault so she spread it around that I left her because she was raped by a black man. Labeling me a racist in the process.

I'm sorry delvin but I busted out laughing at that. It's soo pathological it defies earthly norms.
TonyC
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: single

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »

sound like the makins of a country song havana

Devin78

Relationship status: Divorced 8 months

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

I wish I could write a country song like that. I need the money
ve01603

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »

drunk

Left

Good one! Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Lostone1314

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »

Mine was verbally abusive,sexually promiscuous,cheating,lying,sexting,flirtatious,contemptuous,gaslit... she had know idea when to stop drinking once started it wasn't glasses it was whole bottles... yet never admitted to having a problem... truth comes out when drunk she would slur...
SummerStorm

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 09:05:28 AM »

Mine was just awful.  She only ever got drunk once when she was with me, but she frequently would drink so much that she couldn't even function the next day. 

The time she got drunk when she was with me was the first time she made a move on me.  So, drinking made her impulsive and horny.  It also made her cold and unfeeling.  The way she looked at me was just so empty.  I mean, she had that look in her eyes a lot, but when she was drunk, it was a thousand times worse.  When she was drunk, she had this very maniacal laugh.  She admitted to me that she gets "rowdy" when she's drunk.  She was also a biter when she was drunk, and her kisses were incredibly forceful.  Not exactly the experience I was hoping for when I dreamed about how my first time would be.     I still can't believe I actually had sex with her that night.  I'm such an idiot.

She was definitely into really frantic, rough sex, and I am not.  It was a lot calmer when she wasn't drinking at all, but she had also taken a sleeping pill prior to those other times.  Basically, she couldn't do anything in life without being under the influence of something, whether it was prescribed or not.

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
mks10

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »

my xBPDgf ended up with an unplanned pregnancy back in 2002 after a night of binge drinking. She was separated from her husband  at the time. She was having a really tough time in life, mistakes were made, and she paid a high price for that situation. This was 8 years before I even knew her so I obviously wasn't involved in any part of it. We never drank together and it was really never an issue between us. She had sworn off drinking years before I met her and I was thankful for that. I'm guessing BPD and unplanned pregnancies aren't all that uncommon?
SummerStorm

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »

my xBPDgf ended up with an unplanned pregnancy back in 2002 after a night of binge drinking. She was separated from her husband  at the time. She was having a really tough time in life, mistakes were made, and she paid a high price for that situation. This was 8 years before I even knew her so I obviously wasn't involved in any part of it. We never drank together and it was really never an issue between us. She had sworn off drinking years before I met her and I was thankful for that. I'm guessing BPD and unplanned pregnancies aren't all that uncommon?

I'm not sure, though I would imagine there is a greater chance of it happening.  I would also say that they are at a much higher risk of contracting STDs.  My exBPD had a rash on her arm from a band-aid and said to me, "Maybe I have a latex allergy.  I wouldn't know, since I haven't used condoms in a long time."  I questioned her about it, and she replied, "I'm on birth control."  At that point, I didn't even bother bringing up the fact that pregnancy isn't the only thing that she needs to worry about.  If she was going to cheat on her boyfriend, I'm at least glad she cheated with me, since I'm 100% healthy.  But what if she had cheated on him with some random guy at a party?   

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
SummerStorm

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2015, 10:50:45 AM »

This also made me think of something else.

I take everything my exBPD ever told me with a grain of salt because it was always about 75% truth and 25% BS. 

Once, she texted me from a party that she went to with her boyfriend.  First of all, she spent a long time texting me, which I'm sure made her look completely standoffish.  But then, she realized that people were playing beer pong, so she joined in.  As she kept drinking, she started telling me about how sexy her boyfriend's brother's voice is and how she was turned on by two girls were grinding on each other. 

A few hours later, she texted me and told me that her boyfriend hit her (this is where the 25% BS comes in) after she slapped him for calling her a whore.  She stopped giving me updates on the party after I went to bed, but she did keep texting me, and it was clear that she was drunk.  If he really did call her a whore, which isn't right but is very possible, it had to have been in response to her behavior at the party.  Basically, this was all her way of trying to sabotage her relationship because of her fears of abandonment.  There are still a lot of holes in this story, and she and I are NC, so I'll never really know what happened. 

parisian

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »

Like some other posters, it depended who she was with when she was drunk.

With her friends, she was the party queen. Vivacious and charmy and witty and entertaining. If I was around, I was just ignored.

Drinking with friends took number one priority over everything else.

When she drank with me, those scary, vacant BPD eyes would come out. At first I thought those eyes were just that she had had too much to drink, but then I started noticing the aggressive, odd behaviour that accompanied that drinking. Agry behaviour, including towards my friends.

It was only when she was drunk that she would rage at me.

I started avoiding her on Friday nights, because Fridays were prime 'drinks after work' time, which usually meant she was smashed by about 7pm.

One night after 'work drinks' she text to say she'd be home in half an hour. Six hours later I still had not heard from her.

Another night, I stayed out with her and her friends and after having too much, decided I needed to go home as I was feeling unwell. She left me to walk home by myself in a large capital city, because she couldn't possibly leave drinks and her friends.

She made me wait almost an hour by myself at a restaurant on valentine's day, because she'd 'just got another beer', and clearly, beer with friends was way more important than meeting me at the time we had previously agreed. I was expected to just accept that as being okay.

She drank at home by herself too. Any opportunity for alcohol was taken up. She has massive problems with alcohol, and in time, I could see that.

Alcohol of course is one of the multitude of dependencies that usually comes with BPD. Throw in sex addiction, spending addiction, gambling or whatever, bingo, there's a BPD hiding in that addictive behaviour somewhere... .

Lostone1314

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 05:05:37 PM »

my exBPDgf contracted genital warts from sleeping around... told me cut her self shaving and got infected... course i had no idea what warts were till after out break when i googled it and compared pics online to her wart... disgusting what some of these BPD peeps get away with
disorderedsociety

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

Mine liked to talk to other guys online when she drank, when I left she sent them nudes.
Lostone1314

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »

Mine liked to talk to other guys online when she drank, when I left she sent them nudes.

yep caught mine sexting nudes to ex bf ... .she dismissed it as drunken mistakes ... .sick
Fr4nz

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »

With her friends, she was the party queen. Vivacious and charmy and witty and entertaining. If I was around, I was just ignored.

When she drank with me, those scary, vacant BPD eyes would come out. At first I thought those eyes were just that she had had too much to drink, but then I started noticing the aggressive, odd behaviour that accompanied that drinking. Agry behaviour, including towards my friends.

I started avoiding her on Friday nights, because Fridays were prime 'drinks after work' time, which usually meant she was smashed by about 7pm.

One night after 'work drinks' she text to say she'd be home in half an hour. Six hours later I still had not heard from her.

Another night, I stayed out with her and her friends and after having too much, decided I needed to go home as I was feeling unwell. She left me to walk home by myself in a large capital city, because she couldn't possibly leave drinks and her friends.

She made me wait almost an hour by myself at a restaurant on valentine's day, because she'd 'just got another beer', and clearly, beer with friends was way more important than meeting me at the time we had previously agreed. I was expected to just accept that as being okay.

She drank at home by herself too. Any opportunity for alcohol was taken up. She has massive problems with alcohol, and in time, I could see that.

Alcohol of course is one of the multitude of dependencies that usually comes with BPD. Throw in sex addiction, spending addiction, gambling or whatever, bingo, there's a BPD hiding in that addictive behaviour somewhere... .

Have you ever considered that, maybe, your ex is an HPD (perhaps with BPD traits, like mine)?

Your "life-of-the-party" ex (and the fact that, whenever you wanted to go home or get the situation under control, your ex blamed you or raged at you) quite resemble mine!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder
Pretty Woman

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »

Impulsive. Make out with strangers... .in front of me.

Straddle me in public as if I was a possession.

Acted completely inappropriate and immature. Very embarassing.

rotiroti
formerly neveragainthanks

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »

Have you ever considered that, maybe, your ex is an HPD (perhaps with BPD traits, like mine)?

Your "life-of-the-party" ex (and the fact that, whenever you wanted to go home or get the situation under control, your ex blamed you or raged at you) quite resemble mine!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

huh... that's a really interesting topic! Can one be BPD with HPD traits? A combination of both really rings true with my ex
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Staff only

The topic of discussion has reached it's post limit and is locked. A new or similar topic of discussion is welcome and can be started in a new thread. Thanks.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest