Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 09:14:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get over her sexiness  (Read 920 times)
Dranrab

« on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »

I feel so foolish, and have been out of this insane relationship now for nearly a year, but I feel so shallow, because I don't think I will ever meet anyone as stunningly beautiful and sexy as she is. Granted, I've done tons of learning about BPD, and realize, that's really all she has, and yes it will fade, etc. But as for me, and yes, this taps into my own issues, although I am attractive myself, had other attractive girlfriends before, but nothing like her. I guess I have a lot more work to do on myself, and do not feel like dating, as I know I will compare the outsides too much. I always felt she was too good looking for me, which kept me in an insecure position almost the whole relationship, with the exception on the idealisation phase, which was unlike ANYTHING I ever experienced. And I ran with it. I never felt that good before in my life, it was heaven. But yes, there was a part of me that knew it was too good to be true, and sure enough, after we married, the mind-blowing sex lessened, and all the other typical BPD traits came out. And it took me two years to finally find myself again, which I had clearly lost, and get out. She had someone else lined up, which was devastating. Oddly, I was the most solid, pulled together person she had ever been with. All her other relationships were with serious sick people. She is a chronic alcoholic, and yes, I tried everything I could do to get her the help she 'swore' she wanted, etc. And now she is off with an active heroin addict. I wish I felt bad about it, but honestly, with the sheer hell she put me thru, I am a bit short of compassion for her. Anyway, I needed to get that out, and ask if anyone else has had the beauty, she truly is gorgeous, and sexiness, keep them stuck.
hithere

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »

Everything in life comes with a cost... .  

I don't think the cost was ever worth it.

Plus you will never find a normal person that will make you feel like the idealization phase, because they are not mentally ill... .  

So, get some therapy, stop being so shallow and keep searching.  You will eventually find someone with enough inner beauty that combined with her outer beauty and your love it will be enough.

good luck
Sybmom

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »

Agree with hi there - get some therapy and move on.  She will most likely never change and you will find someone else to love as much or more that will love you back in a healthy way.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but there was a long thread posted on Personal Inventory about another member who felt he had issues with  beauty.

You may find the back and forth helpful:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=190590.0

LnL

Breathe.
GlennT

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:17:10 AM »

I use to think this way until I learned that they were just emotionally injured, abused, and uninhibited, little girls, in adult female bodies, who learned how to act, dress, and use cosmetics, and be naughty, in order to hypnotize, injure, and abuse me  like they were. Pretty ugly stuff inside the fantasy wrap

Always remember what they do:Idealize. Devalue. Discard.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.~ Churchill
truly amazed

Relationship status: In RS with Non ... Mother with BPD

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »

Great posts,

Beauty and sexiness ect ect.

I went there and actually believed with all my heart I loved this person and in many ways I did. In others I was in love with myself. it was not a healthy love with me forgiving things that never should have been. In the end I question who or what I was in love with ? I learnt my ex's full history and she was not the person I knew. Her actions well prior to the end lining up the replacement was ... .  not a sign of someone who loved you.

Lots of things went on that just shouldn't have and yes whilst I may have convinced myself about the ex or her beauty of ability in bed, in many ways it was a relief from being subjected to torture ... .  or abuse ... .  the makeup sex which strangely I think made it more than it was.

Having come full circle I was in love with her, did love her in a normal adult sense but it was not returned and I could have been an object and eventually was treated like one to be discarded or thrown away. This in itself is not normal.

As to physical beauty, yes it was there and there are many beautiful people on the outside but I was conned ... .  deep in the FOG or whatever to the person who lay within and that was not beauty. Shallow Hal the movie and a beautiful person on the outside became an old decrepit one and vica versa.

Bit deep but they may be nice to look at, their beauty of allure, but taking it home can cause problems. In my case I thought I was rescuing a damsel which turned into a black widow which eats it mate.

I tend to look at people this way as a result. i can admire their beauty on the outside and then look very hard at the inside.

Take care  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Justadude

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:09 AM »

Man I'm just like you. I have an inferiority complex. I've dated some attractive women but it's like is this for real? If they are messed up, I'd do anything to fix it cause they are so hot and me well, I have low self esteem. Get it?

Rock star sex, well, frankly, it's most likely not the best sex you ever had, but some form of idealization of the sex. I had a lot of sex with my ex. We are talking from get off work until the next morning sex. I confuse sex with love. Maybe you do too?
FoolishOne

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

Dranrab... .  I hate to say it but this is one of the most relevant threads for me in a while.  I can totally relate to all of you on this issue.  In fact, if you reseach my posts from 2010, you'll find me struggling with this exact issue.  And Dranrab, allow me to be an example to you.  I was you back in 2008.  I was free of the crazy one and back on track.

But I first need to back up to 2006.  I was in a dead-end marriage to a wife that had no interest in sex.  In fact, she told me that I waas lucky to get sex once a month... .  one of her friends only has sex twice a year and she has a great marriage.  Anyway, I meet this chick (Let's call her "Looney" that is a daughter-in-law of one of my clients.  I was in awe.  It was only a matter of a few days before I asked Looney to lunch to discuss "business".  Before too long we were in a full on affair.  We would meet at hotels or just have sex in my car.  It was so against my nature. I was active in my church, the PTA president, etc, but apparently that no longer mattered to me because I was banging the hottest chick I've ever met.

As with any affair, but even moreso with a BPD, things became rocky.  We would break up and then get back together.  It truly aged me beyond my years.  The affair was bad enough, but this on-going drama with Looney was almost too much.

Eventually, I filed for divorce from my wife.  At the time she didn't know of the affair.  In the meantime, Looney filed as well.  However, as mentioned, things were rocky with us.  There were times when we had NC; sometimes for many days.  Then, out of the blue she contacts me and says she needs to talk (crying profusely).

She tells me that she went to LA to have an abortion with my baby and didn't want to tell me.  I was floored.  Of course, she poured it on thick and at one point mentioned the whole ordeal cost $1,500.  I shared with her that I was against abortion, I was beyond pissed about not being involved in that decision... .  not even being told... .  but eventually, like a dumbass, I gave her $1,500.  I know... .  but it gets worse, my friend.

One night she's at my apartment and her phone rings at 1am.  She was asleep and I saw her phone said "Taipei".  I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. When she awoke that morning I asked her about it.  She said it was a church family that needed help.  I bought it without question... .  

Fast forward now to exactly one day after my divorce was final.  We had another one of our many arguments and I hadn't seen or heard from her in many days.  Suddenly I get an IM"s from her from LAX that says that she has met someone and she wished me well.  She gave me some scriptural references and that was it.

I was devastated.  I left my wife for this incredibly hot chick and there I was with nothing. I couldn't believe it.  My head was spinning and everything was foggy.  The gravity of my decisions weighed heavily.  I had thought that was the worst day of my life (but that was yet to come).

So... .  somehow I picked myself up and started over again.  I had no interest in going back to my ex-wife, so I ventured off into the dating world.  I had some success but it was nothing compared to Looney and Looney sex.

Anyway, not long later, she emails me from various parts of the country.  Her lover was an international pilot.  He worked for China Airlines based out of Taipei (see above).  He was originally from Australia.  One of the emails she sent me was telling me that she was sitting on a beach in Australia thinking of me.  I didn't respond to any of the emails.

So later she emails me and says that she'd like to see me. Initially I had no interest.  I told her I was so hurt by everything.  She offered her side of the story.  So eventually I caved.  We started seeing each other again.  Not long afterwards, however, the same kind of stuff came back.  The arguments, the periods of NC... .  my trust for her was virtually non-existent.  

Then, she says that she is going to a church retreat and will be gone all weekend.  I told a friend this and he said bull~.  So, sure enough, we stake out her apartment that night.  At 6am the next morning she leaves, but not for the church... .  she heads for the airport.  We follow her and I confront her in the parking lot.  It wasn't pretty.  Unbelievably, she didn't act too upset or surprised to see me.  In fact, the first trhing she said to me was that I lied to her.  I was so pissed.  It was everything I could do to contain myself.  Anyway, I threw her pink suitcase as far as I could and told her to enjoy her life with the pilot.  On the  way from the airport I received many texts from her that I ignored.  I was crying mad.

Anyway, over the next two months she contacted me and said that things were not going well and would like to see me again.  I told her that I wanted nothing to do with her.  Of course, you needn't guess what happened next.  Yes, I took her back.  As you would think, things were tedious, but we still managed to try to carry on a relationship... .  then, again... .  she mysteriously had a family event to go to and had to leave for the weekend.  Again, my friend smelled a rat.  So I went to her apartment, this time in the middle of the day.  I knocked on her door and instead of inviting me in, she met me outside.  That was the only clue I needed.  So, I brushed past her and went through the apartment looking for whomever she was with.  I tore open the shower curtain, looked under the bed... .  looked seemingly everywhere.  It was a nightmare.  Needless to say, I didn't find anyone.  In the meantime, she's calling the cops.  As I left I told her never to contact me again.

The next day she texts me wanting to talk.  I didn't respond.  She called.  No response.  Then later that night the police call and ask me questions.  I knew then that I was in trouble.  She had filed a retraining order.  

At my court date, Looney was there with her pilot, her mother and my ex-wife (Looney had invited her).  At that time, it truly was the lowest point of my life.  The love of my life is clinging deperately to my replacement, my ex wife is there (who later gave me evidence that Looney provided exposing the affair), and I was being slapped with a restraining order.  It could have been even worse, but my attorney plea bargained (since this was my first offense) for anger management classes.

A few days later her pilot decides to call me and put me in my place.  Within a few minutes we begin comparing notes.  He was with the understanding that I was an old boyfriend that Looney had broke up with.  No the case.  As it turned out, as we compared calendars, we determined that she would pick fights with us conveniently so she could spend time with the other.  In fact, the weekend she said she went to LA for the "abortion", was when she was with him.  Wow.  I mean, wow!  How low can one go... .  to tell a guy you aborted his kid... .  take $1,500 from him, and really you just used that as an excuse to cheat on him?

So, again, I am left to start over from the ashes.  This time... .  worse than before... .  not only because of the R/O and anger management classes... .  not only because once again I was betrayed by the hot chick, but this time... .  my ex-wife became involved.  Her knowing of the affair gave her renewed energy to hate me.  Up until then we had been getting along fairly well... .  but not after that, obviously.  Also, it had come to my attention that Looney contacted my employer trying to get me fired.  I work in the securities industry and it is grounds for termination if I have any felonies in my background.  Fortunately, this was not a felony.  But she sure tried to ruin my life, noneltheless.

Looney eventually worked things out with her pilot and married him... .  so end of story, yes?  No.  Sure enough... .  about a year later, she shows up at my apartment, smoking a cigarette.  She never smoked before.  I told her to leave me alone.  Immediately afterward, I contact the cops and told her that she came to see me, so they would know it wasn't me that violated the R/O.  

Anyway, I didn't hear from her until May, 2008. I had already moved on.  I had bought a nice house and was dating again.  My self-confidence and self-esteem had risewn from the depths of Hell and I was feeling good about myself.  My relationship with my son was at an all-time high.  I was coaching all three sports and loving life.  Playing baseball, and enjoying my friends' company.  I was well on my way back to normalcy.

Of course, this story doesn't end here.  What I am not mentioning is that every single chick that I would go out with, would be unfavorabley compared to Looney.  Every time I'd sleep with someone, it would ultimately be compared to Looney.  I became very picky and even more base and shallow than before.  I was primed for what occured next.

Out of the blue, I get a call from private name / private number.  Normally I don't get those calls (especially since they used to be Looney), but this time I did.  It was her, of course.  She immediately said that she only wanted to meet me to give me the $1,500 (for the fake abortion).  In retrospect... .  of all the idiotic, crazyass, stupid things I've done to screw up my life... .  this one moment shines above them all.  I chose to meet her.  She gave me the $1,500 alright.  She looked amazing and I was hooked again.  I guess it didn't matter that she was already involved with another guy ("who helped her get through the painful divorce from the pilot". It wasn't too long after that before we were full on again.  But this time, I felt I needed some guidance.  

So, out of desperation, I contacted my three closest friends and asked them if they would be open to meeting with Looney and hear her case.  They agreed.  Prior to the meeting I shared with them my experience with anger management and the restraining order... .  but they already knew about it.  Anyway, Looney shows up and in a crying, passionate display, shares with the group her love for me and the error in her ways (by the way, that was the last and only time I can recall her being that adamant about being wrong about anything at all).

After her dissertation, and the Q&A session, I asked her to go wait in the car and I would see what my friends had to say.  All three said "run".  They all saw how I had been hurt by this crazy woman and didn't want their friend to get any more damaged from it.  I respectfully listened to their advice and promptly went back to Looney.

Of course, the crazy sex insued and we lived happily ever after, right Dranrab?  

Hardly... .  not long afterwards, the craziness insues and I reach a point where I've had enough.  I recall her bein gin my office and I tell her that I can't tak eit any more.  Immediately she responds that she's going to start dating a guy named David.  Amazing.  Sure enough she does.  That lasts about three weeks and then come the texts and emails.  Yes, I take her back... .  even after she slept with another guy.  This time is wasn't cheating,but it hurt just the same.

So, here comes the clincher... .  less than two months after getting back together with her, I discover that she's given me Herpes.  How did I know?  Immediately, we both got tested.  Her test indicated it was in her system quite some time.  Mine was a new infection.  Of course, she swears that she didn't know she had it.  I didn't believe her.  Again, I was devastated... .  what had I done?  My life was ruined now.  I couldn't go back to the life I had.  I wsa damaged goods.  Who would want me now?

After a few months of wrestling with this, I decided there wasn't any other choice but to marry her.  I felt trapped.  She said yes and we set a date.  Not long afterward, things became unravelled again and I canceled the wedding.  As expected, she flew off the handle.  We broke up.

I started dating a really nice girl... .  smart, CPA, very attractive... .  but now, wha's going through my head is not only Looney, but the fact that I have H.  I was an emotional wreck.  

A few weeks later, I flew to Washington on a trip with my son.  My feelings for Looney were surfacing.  I was texting her, telling her I missed her and wanted to talk about things when I got back.  I told her I was worried that she was with another man.  She assured me that the only man that interested her was Jesus... .  and she was upset that I would even ask her that.

As soon as I get back home, I call her and force her to meet me.  I literally get down on my hands and knees and beg her to marry me.  She says she has to pray about it.  After much prayer and deliberation, she agrees.  I later find out that she started dating a guy and was actively dating him when I was texting her.  Another lie.

So Dranrab... .  as long as this post is, believe me, it could be longer... .  cutting to the chase, since marrying her, I've filed for annulment no less than three times.  Every time I changed my mind and crawled back. Yes, it was ME that crawled.  I lost more and more dignity with each time.  So here I am... .  again a crossroads... .  looking at the mirror.  I know what has to be done... .  soon I will be filing for the last time. It will literally break my heart (hopefully not my wallet... .  we'll see).  And after the dust has settled, yes I'll be the bad guy... .  the guy that ruined her life... .  the guy that promised her the moon and the stars and gave her nothing but criticsm, obsessing about her demeanor, distrust and paranoia.

Dranrab... .  please read this very long post at least twice... .  let it sink in... .  breathe it in and even memorize if you feel so inclined... .  It will be your story if you choose a life with her.  I say this only because you are thinking it is over now.  One year removed is nothing.  Trust me... .  unless either of you have moved a long distance away from each other, she'll be back.  When you least expect it, she'll be back.  And if you think she looked hot before, wait until to see her then!

Here I was married to a drop-dead gorgeous chick that was the sexiest chick I'd ever been with.  This wasn't my first rodeo, but regarding the mind-blowing phyisicality... .  nothing compared.  I was in heaven... .  here is a chick that tried out to be a cheerleader for the Kansas City Chiefs, in awesome shape, awesome in bed, adored me, born-again Christian... .  the list goes on and on.  I mean, who wouldn't want this?  Me... .  that's who.  After all the ~ I've gone through I can honestly say that no chick is worth that.  I don't care how shallow, how sex-addicted a guy can be... .  life is too short to be with a BPD.  I can't make this any more clear.

Thank you Dranrab, and others for reading this incredibly long post.  I'm sure I broke a rule or two, but I thought I would finally get it all out.  So there it is for all to see. The reason why I am Foolish One.  Forgive me for the length and language.  

F1
Newton

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »

FoolishOne... .  after reading your brutally honest post I have something for you... .  it sounds like you need it!... .  the man hug emoticon doesn't do my feelings justice so here is a regular one! 

Working through why we accept so much emotional chaos and invalidating experiences... .  in exchange for being able to have a physically attractive partner on our arm helps with disengaging... .  

Perhaps their physical beauty is representing/mirroring something we don't "feel" about ourselves?... .  
turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

FoolishOne   

It's hard to see how we've been duped, isn't it?  And when we actually put it out there in black and white, it leaves us wondering why in the he! we ever put up with their cruelty. Having a fake abortion is just plain cruel, not to mention the other things you mentioned.

It's also clear to see that this is who she is... .  she WILL NOT change. This is her life pattern and it's very unlikely that it will ever be different.  And you can rest assured that she's already working on ruining someone else's life RIGHT NOW (with God's approval too  .)

As we go through the healing process, we reach a point where, while we continue to examine their truckload of offenses, we also start to examine where WE went wrong.

The truth is that you never should have been involved with someone like this from the beginning.  That is MY truth too, so I can relate.  Like you, I was in a state of misery when crazyx came along.  And rather than deal with my own misery in a mature and healthy way, I entered a situation that would create misery that I never even knew was possible.

So for me (and maybe for you too,) the goal is to never again be in a place within myself where I am vulnerable to such destruction. If I had been in a healthier place from the get go... .  I never would have gone down such a hellacious path. 

So now... .  it's time to work on YOU and I applaud you for being here and being motivated to do that.   She will NEVER change, but YOU will. 

turtle

just me.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »

Yes, Dranrab, this part absolutely kills me.

I was always just terribly unsure of where I fell on this whole social status ladder thing.  Some days I could feel pretty good about myself, and other days not so much.  By being the deep, sweet, interesting, creative type - I would manage to periodically garner interest from an attractive girl, and that would make me feel on top of the world.  But then things could fall apart fairly quickly and acquaintances would have no problem saying things like "she was too hot for you, anyway."

Ugh.

Anyway... .  yeah, then my uxBPDw entered the picture.  She was completely insecure about her body, but she was absolutely gorgeous.  Like, perfect 10, unbelievable, overwhelming.  She swore up and down that she was more attracted to me than she'd ever been to anybody, and that I was absolutely gorgeous, and that she'd never felt "just this need to have sex with somebody" like she felt for me.

Throughout our marriage, it was very clear that sex was very difficult for her (she had been abused and molested throughout her young life).  Laying next to her, therefore, was more often painful and hurtful than it was gratifying.  I often felt like I lived with some girl that I had a terrible unrequited crush on.  She swore it wasn't like that, though, and occasionally our moments in bed felt like something otherworldly beautiful and perfect.

I think I came to believe that she could probably get someone more attractive than me if she really tried, but I also basically accepted that she was not "totally out of my league."  I decided it unlikely that people would look at us and ask "what is she doing with him?"

Now that it's all ended, I'm suddenly not so sure.  It kills me.  She was so mean and so awful, and I tried so hard to do everything right.  But she has guys lined up around the block to tell her how beautiful and amazing and perfect she is, and I have no one.  It feels so hurtful and so unfair... .  but it's a result of my choices.

I start trying to assess who I may find next, and it is setting in for me that her level of outer beauty (within a healthy person) is probably well beyond my reach (especially now that I carry the baggage of two kids, a broken home, and a troubled r/s with the ex).  That's haunting.  It's haunting to know that the beautiful body that once lied next to you and swore she'd be there forever is now gone and will never really be replaced.

Is it shallow to look at things that way?  Of course!  But it's also part of being honest with one's self.  I always valued emotional connection over physical beauty, but that feeling that I actually deserved this extraordinary, bewitching, gypsy of a woman is a very difficult thing to suddenly lose.

I should not base my own self-image so much on who my partner is.  I know that now and I am working on it.  Still, though, those memories of her beauty pain me.  Thinking she was always out of my league and the only reason I had her is because she was sick pains me.  Thinking of the tall handsome men that now knock on her door (while I sleep alone) of course hurts me a great deal as well.

I realize now that I only ever had fool's gold.  But I didn't know that.  I know I didn't actually lose something special... .  but it just sure feels like it a lot of the time.
hithere

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »

Excerpt
Now that it's all ended, I'm suddenly not so sure.  It kills me.  She was so mean and so awful, and I tried so hard to do everything right.  But she has guys lined up around the block to tell her how beautiful and amazing and perfect she is, and I have no one.  It feels so hurtful and so unfair... .  but it's a result of my choices.

I know it is a cliche but looks are not everything and I rather be happy with a 5 or 6 (that might actually feel like an 8 to me if in love) then be miserable with a 9 or 10.

Heck, I rather be alone and lonely than be with a 9 or 10 that abuses me.

So having a hot partner is fun and all but in the end what does it really matter?
Newton

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 12:30:10 PM »

just_me_500 ... .  "fools gold"... .  what an apt description of what we had! (or rather, didn't have)... .   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
FoolishOne

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »

Thank you Turtle... .  it felt good to get that story off my chest... .  almost therapeutic.  I hope you're right.  Even now... .  this very moment... .  as I have my finger on the trigger to file the annulment again, I still have doubts and remorse.  I still want to blame myself for my many failures that she has so eloquently provided evidence for me in her most recent email.  It hurts to think that I will look back and cry over something that I could have changed in myself.  What if I were less critical of her?  What if I didn't obsess over every little thing?  What if I were more accepting?  The list goes one.  Somehow, if I had absolution that I can rest in, it will make the medicine go down better.  Her words are so damn convincing, it hurts.
TonyK

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »

FoolishOne;

That was one of the most didactic personal BPD stories I've read in here.

No, it is actually the most didactic story of all.

You trully deserve to be announced the all-time champion.

Good luck from now on in your life, my friend! 
FoolishOne

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »

Wow... .  I figured it would take the cake... .  not exactly happy about being the champion here... .  I'd rather have the least interesting story... .  but the real story for me is how the rest of this book ends... .  right now, I have to get right and get out.  Believe it or not, she is painting me as the btch here... .  my harsh criticisms and overly obsessive nature is being called.  Amongst other many sins I've been accused of... .  including drinking and listening to rock music.
schwing
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married to a non

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »

I feel so foolish, and have been out of this insane relationship now for nearly a year, but I feel so shallow, because I don't think I will ever meet anyone as stunningly beautiful and sexy as she is. Granted, I've done tons of learning about BPD, and realize, that's really all she has, and yes it will fade, etc.

I don't think you should scold yourself for feeling "shallow."  But do consider that your reaction to the "beauty" of others is as much a function of your own psychology as it is of their anatomy.  Personally I feel that most people underestimate the degree to which our minds can intuitively identify and lock onto other minds with corresponding emotional issues.  There is a reason why so many dating people complain of always "meeting the same kind of <fill in the blank>."  I think it is because we are consistently attracted to the same kinds of psychology -- partly as an unconscious effort to resolve our own internal dissonances.

When you choose one person's "beauty" over another person's "beauty", their beauty may actually be a rationalization of something that you aren't able or willing to consciously identify... .  yet.

But as for me, and yes, this taps into my own issues, although I am attractive myself, had other attractive girlfriends before, but nothing like her. I guess I have a lot more work to do on myself, and do not feel like dating, as I know I will compare the outsides too much.

Perhaps you will "compare the outsides too much," and I would argue that you might do this because it may be too painful to compare other more relevant qualities.  What those issues are, is not for me to say.  You know yourself better than I, I should think.

I always felt she was too good looking for me, which kept me in an insecure position almost the whole relationship, with the exception on the idealisation phase, which was unlike ANYTHING I ever experienced. And I ran with it. I never felt that good before in my life, it was heaven. But yes, there was a part of me that knew it was too good to be true, and sure enough, after we married, the mind-blowing sex lessened, and all the other typical BPD traits came out. And it took me two years to finally find myself again, which I had clearly lost, and get out.

What you learned was worth its weight in gold.  You learned what it is you are willing to give yourself up for in order to get.  And you learned that nothing is worth losing oneself over... .  maybe.

She had someone else lined up, which was devastating. Oddly, I was the most solid, pulled together person she had ever been with. All her other relationships were with serious sick people.

Then you realize that her choices in partners has less to do with how "solid, pulled together" someone is, and more do do with something else altogether different.

She is a chronic alcoholic, and yes, I tried everything I could do to get her the help she 'swore' she wanted, etc. And now she is off with an active heroin addict. I wish I felt bad about it, but honestly, with the sheer hell she put me thru, I am a bit short of compassion for her. Anyway, I needed to get that out, and ask if anyone else has had the beauty, she truly is gorgeous, and sexiness, keep them stuck.

I think we have all been stuck with respect to our BPD relationships.  What we are stuck in, isn't so important as how we get unstuck.  An in my experience, the minute we start learning how to take care of ourselves in ways that we had previously not even been aware of, that's the minutes we start getting unstuck.

Best wishes, Schwing

livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »

Perhaps you will "compare the outsides too much," and I would argue that you might do this because it may be too painful to compare other more relevant qualities.  What those issues are, is not for me to say.  You know yourself better than I, I should think.

I hope I'm not interrupting anything here as the lone female posting on this thread. But I've been digging around in the archives and had come across Sexual Addiction: When the Sex is Too Important to Us. Seems helpful, tho admittedly I know very little about this. My own recovery focuses on a slightly different expression of codependence.

Breathe.
turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »

I hope I'm not interrupting anything here as the lone female posting on this thread. But I've been digging around in the archives and had come across Sexual Addiction: When the Sex is Too Important to Us. Seems helpful, tho admittedly I know very little about this. My own recovery focuses on a slightly different expression of codependence

Hey livednlearned!

I'm in this thread too.  I think we butted into the boys club. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Carry on, boys.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

turtle

Newton

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »

I'm not gonna bite on that turtle... .  dammit!... .  this post means I just did!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »

I hope I'm not interrupting anything here as the lone female posting on this thread. But I've been digging around in the archives and had come across Sexual Addiction: When the Sex is Too Important to Us. Seems helpful, tho admittedly I know very little about this. My own recovery focuses on a slightly different expression of codependence

Hey livednlearned!

I'm in this thread too.  I think we butted into the boys club. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Carry on, boys.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

turtle

Ok, cool!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Felt like I had wandered into a man cave for a sec.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Breathe.
turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 04:42:28 PM »

I'm not gonna bite on that turtle... .  dammit!... .  this post means I just did!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

funny guy!

turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »

Ok, cool!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Felt like I had wandered into a man cave for a sec.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Umm... .  we both wandered into the man cave. Guess I didn't notice all the sporting gear and cigars. Wanna meet me in the shoe section, or at the nail salon?

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

Newton

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »

I'm a card carrying metrosexual... .  can I come shop with you girls and check out hot girls? I have an assortment of manbags for the trip  

This is definite post hijacking so I'll stop now  
FoolishOne

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »

One more thing I forgot to mention about "Looney".  She tried to commit suicide while we were in transition from our respective marriages.  She said it was to protect me from her ex-husband who was going to come over and kick my ass.  Who knows... .  but she ended up getting placed in a facility called Two Rivers which is a psychiatric rehab center.  She was there a few days and then they referred her to the Lilac Center, which is a facility specifically for treatement of BPD.  That's one of the 100 reasons why I think she has BPD.  Sorry I left that out of my BPD adventure novel.

F1
SeekerofTruth

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »

Dran,

Thanks for putting it out there.

F1,

Wow, man.  I feel your pain.

There for the grace of God, go I... .  

Excerpt
Not sure if this is helpful or not, but there was a long thread posted on Personal Inventory about another member who felt he had issues with  beauty.

You may find the back and forth helpful: 

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=190590.0

just me.

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »

I know it is a cliche but looks are not everything and I rather be happy with a 5 or 6 (that might actually feel like an 8 to me if in love) then be miserable with a 9 or 10.

Heck, I rather be alone and lonely than be with a 9 or 10 that abuses me.

So having a hot partner is fun and all but in the end what does it really matter?

This is definitely the truth.  Honestly, I kind of hate to even mention my ex's "outer beauty" in the way that I have.  It makes me feel shallow and I don't like it.

If a year from now I were with a normal-looking girl that was stable and healthy, and we actually attained a real and fulfilling love together... .  gosh, I'd take that in a heartbeat.  Someone with a less perfect body but who is able to be in a healthy relationship is obviously a big trade up.  It's worth one million times more in every way.  I realize this.

Like I said, even when I "had" her, elements of sex and attraction seemed to generate more struggle and heartache than anything really great.  For the most part, anyway.

I think one of the things that is "haunting" to me about her physical beauty is more just the inequality it creates for us in our divorce.  Like I said, there are dozens of guys that are lining up to be with her.  And they're not just pigs that want to use her - they are nice, sensitive, artistic people that see her as the beautiful girl in their Hollywood-version of love.  They want to hold her, save her, love her, commit to her, and protect her.  They are pretty much just like I was.

It's just hard to not let that bother me.  I am sad.  I am hurting.  I have a story to tell, too... .  but I don't have girls falling all over themselves to make sure I'm okay.  It feels as though she can be sick... .  and she can cheat, lie, abandon, betray, and torture all she wants... .  but in the end she is just "worth more" in this world.

I feel like throughout our whole relationship I tried to view us as "equals".  No matter how hurtful and unfair she was, I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt and convincing myself we were equals in this relationship and her perspectives mattered just as much as mine.  Eventually she finally threw me away like garbage, had a secret romantic involvement with my friend (in my house), threatened to take the kids, and just really snapped.  She completely lost it and did and said horrible things that still barely feel as though they can be real.

And then what's the moral?  What's the lesson?  This feeling that we are not equals, and we never were.  She may be sick, but she's a cute young woman with an awesome body - and that may be worth more than everything inside of me I can ever find.  She can have her loves, and her adventures, and her romantic camping trips with man after man after man that thinks they've found heaven.

I know she's sick, and I know she's miserable inside... .  and I know that if given the choice, I wouldn't really trade all my future happiness in this world for hers.  But gosh... .  she has never needed to face being alone the way that I face it now.  She has never had to go to sleep in a world where nobody wanted to be with her... .  or where nobody cared.

It just makes it harder.  Maybe it shouldn't.  But it does.
FoolishOne

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

Seeker of truth... .  That thread reference was a little weird to say the least... .  I didn't read it all, but seemed like a little hostility emerged there... .  My take is simply this on the BPD and the Beast... .  men love with their eyes and women with their ears... .  unfortunately, women with BPD tend to be above average in looks, so men loving with their eyes will ceratinly be attracted to them... .  who's kidding who... .  and we know BPD's love with their ears moreso than normal women, because they desperately crave affirmation and attention.  That said, everyone is different in our personal choice and taste... .  I just know that I got a Hell of a lesson on the demerits of basing your love live on looks.  Everything comes at a price... .  my pentance for commiting adultery, for shallowness and for base behavior is the story you read... .  I can't and wont' speak for anyone here but myself... .  but my opinion is that if the only thing you are in it for is sex with a hot chick/guy... .  you are going to get what you deserve.

F1
SeekerofTruth

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »

Appreciate your candor F1.  Eye-opening and humbling for me to read.  I sincerely apologize if there was any intimation of hostility or judgement on my part if that's what you are referring to.  Not my intent at all.  If you were referring to some hostility embedded within your thread, my gut response is "who wouldn't". 

Personally, and perhaps similar to Dran, I wonder how far off course my center became, and got hurt, hurt, and more hurt... .  while my heart and love for my wife tends to sweep me off my feet sometimes as if nothing happend... .  ("because you were being stupid" T to me last session).  I know there is much work to do and many rivers cross.  The sooner my focus returns to my center and taking baby steps in rebuilding what I've lost... .  the healthier and more emotionally mature I endeavor to become while addressing the addictive side of my personality and relating to my wife more skillfully -- for her sake and as well as mine.

Truth be told... .  I have yet to take an inventory.  Sounds like the invite is there.  That is why I reposted it.  Self-Inventory.  Sweeping my side of the street.
FoolishOne

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »

No... .  total misread Seeker... .  I was referring to the thread... .  it looked like there was some hostility between a couple of posters... .  that's all.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest