Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 21, 2024, 12:56:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a hard time maintaining NC  (Read 374 times)
Tigerabbit

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: in limbo (together but not officially. working on things.)

« on: March 03, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

My exBPDbf and I are having a hard time sticking to our NC agreement, and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations on exerting self-control with this situation? I feel so weak and also very guilty because he is going through withdrawals and trying to get/stay clean, and contact with me makes that very hard for him right now. Sometimes I initiate the contact, sometimes he does. This is really putting my codependency to the test... .     It doesn't help that he has told me about some girl from one of his groups who is all over him and wants sex with him, and he is potentially interested. He is very confused because he still has feelings for me, but also holds so much animosity for me at the same time. It seems that I need to just let go somehow... .  but HOW?
123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »

Hi Tigerabbit

I apologize for not understanding what your NC agreement entails.  :)o you want to work things out with him?  Is this a therapeutic separation you're both trying to adhere to, or are you trying to sever the connection for good?
Tigerabbit

Relationship status: in limbo (together but not officially. working on things.)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »

Hi 123Phoebe,

No apology necessary! Our agreement is a bit rocky, which perhaps is part of the problem. I know I want to work things out with him, but he isn't sure. So it's mostly therapeutic, and also serving to hopefully help him figure out what he wants. He does still have feelings for me, but that's to be expected after being together (off and on) for ten years, so I don't know whether or not those feelings will subside (and I'm terrified that they will, which is probably partially why I'm having such a hard time maintaining NC). We both would like at the very least to be able to be friends again at some point... .  this is so hard.  :'(
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest