Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
July 05, 2024, 09:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: she had the baby  (Read 563 times)
Eco

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 06, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »

well my daughter was born 3-3-13 9 lbs 2 ounces Smiling (click to insert in post)

my uNPD/BPD xgf texted me that morning and asked if I wanted her to send me a pic of the baby, I said yes and asked if I could come see her she said "maybe tomorrow" I didnt fight it and went and saw her on monday and tuesday. Im suprised she hasnt given me a hard time because she told me 3 weeks ago that I didnt deserve to see her at all.

she is extremly stressed out , in pain and tired from having such a big baby naturaly and then getting her tubes tied and the baby had some issues with her blood suger being low.

ive done well with being detached and not letting her stress be my stress and causing the disfunctional dance to take place that causes us so much trouble. Ive been around to offer any help I can and am supportive to her.

today she sends me a text asking me to come to the hospital to talk, when I got there she was dysreagulated and near a complete breakdown. they discharged her from the hospital but our baby has to stay another day or 2 ,she has to come to the hospital every 2 to 3 hrs to breast feed our daughter but she cant drive because of the surgery she just had. she needs someone to watch her 2 kids while she goes to the hospital and she needs someone to drive her to the hospital so she is freaking out because she has nobody to help.

she was asking me to help her with this, Im going to try and get my vacation days from work now to help her . I want to work things out with her and get back together but im going into this knowing as soon as she doesnt need my help any more she might paint me black again.

thoughts or opinions? 
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

briefcase
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 18 years, together 20 years, still living together

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:41 PM »

Congratulations!  Daughters are a blessing.   

As far as the relationship, take it one day at a time.  Validate.  Don't JADE.  Stick to your boundaries.  That's what you have control over.  What will be, will be.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

ScornedNForlorn

Relationship status: Together 7.5 Years, Married 3.5, Living Apart 4.5 Months

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:03:36 AM »

Congrats on the baby. Hope the stresses her mother & the situation put on you don't detract from this amazing time in your life.

laelle

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:46:16 AM »

Congrats Eco!   
Surnia
Retired Staff

Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:12:08 AM »

A big   for the proud father of a strong daughter!

It is a joy for you and also a challenge to be a detached father with boundaries.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
yeeter

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:37 AM »

Congratulations Eco!

As far as the relationship, take it one day at a time.  Validate.  Don't JADE.  Stick to your boundaries.  That's what you have control over.  What will be, will be.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

+1 on this.  You are in the drivers seat for your own actions. 
Eco

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »

Thanks everyone 

Im off to stay with my uNPD/BPD xgf for the next 5 days I will be in charge of all the duties of the house ( her 2 kids 8yr old and 2yr old girls) while she rests. the baby should be coming home tomorrow I hope.

As far as my xgf goes ive been very detached with her this week and today has been the strongest ive felt that, its a very peaceful feeling . im no longer worried if i will disappoint her and mess the R/S up worse than it is.

Ive already told her that if she wants my help she needs to rest and not supervise me to make sure its done right. her high NPD traits may come into play but hopefully not, if they do its her issue to deal with not mine.

I will post next week, thanks everyone for the support
laelle

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 03:52:09 AM »

Best of Luck Eco.  Enjoy your precious baby! 
Rockylove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »

Congratulations!  Daughters are a blessing.   

DITTO! 
Eco

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

an update, I would call my stay with her a success. It wasnt without some issues but I found that being very mindfull of my triggers extremly helpfull to keep things from blowing up. i kept the mindset that when she was dysreagulated it wasnt my job to "fix" her and that kept me calm which ended our conflict a lot sooner.

I found that takeing time outs in my head helped take some of the pressure off as well, detaching really helped me to see things as they are, I felt bad to see her struggle with her emotions but I didnt take her issues on as my issues but instead I kept calm and would validate her feelings and I was even able to use S.E.T. a few times,before I would be so pulled in to her tornado of chaos I wasnt able to think straight at all. I was rock solid when she would start to rage at me and I acted like it wasnt bothering me at all ,I wasnt playing her game with her and I believe she sensed that because the episodes ended a lot quicker then in the past .  I have to say being very detached helped the most

thanks again for all the support 
yeeter

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »

Well done Eco!

You learned.  Adapted.  And by your work and actions you made a positive improvement to the situation.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
briefcase
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 18 years, together 20 years, still living together

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »

i kept the mindset that when she was dysreagulated it wasnt my job to "fix" her and that kept me calm which ended our conflict a lot sooner.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  This is very, very good!  Glad your stay there went well, keep us posted.

Eco

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »

Excerpt
You learned.  Adapted.  And by your work and actions you made a positive improvement to the situation.

thanks its baby steps for me

Excerpt
i kept the mindset that when she was dysreagulated it wasnt my job to "fix" her and that kept me calm which ended our conflict a lot sooner.

This is very, very good!  Glad your stay there went well, keep us posted.

thanks BC
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest