Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contact from ex... after exactly 6 weeks  (Read 372 times)
elessar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 07, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »

So last night was exactly 6 weeks to the date when she went off angry... .  I hadn't even realized it was bad except for the silent treatment I had been receiving since then. In that time I had emailed her twice and messaged her twice. She finally replied one sentence last night "I m fine. u don't have to worry about me". I replied "I am glad. I hope you stay happy"

Getting the silent treatment was killing me. And when it ends so suddenly in a fight and you don't realize its over and then you get the silent treatment... .  its so torturous. If last night was the last I ever heard from her, I am at so much more peace. Knowing that the final 5 second conversation was at least civil.

Knowing BPD, I don't think it is the last I have heard from her. After everything she has done, I find it nearly impossible to forgive her. but I find it also as impossible to ignore/stay angry when I know she is ill. I have promised myself if she ever contacts back, I will not allow her to cross boundaries, i will not allow her to treat me as she pleases. Either it will be with equal respect, or nothing at all. And there cannot even be friendship unless she sees a psychiatrist. I have seen this movie too many times to know how it ends if she doesn't go for help. I don't think I can make that ultimatum, but I have to maintain my distance for my own sake. I will be there for advice or help which any normal human being will do, but I cannot go all in like I always do and get burned again.

This is assuming she contacts again... .  she is still going on the online dating site every day that she has been going to for last 42 days. So God knows what shes been up to. But I think I am make a safe bet that it isn't the last I have heard from her. She will have another explosion about her family or someone else and will come to me. And I hope and pray I have the strength not to fall but be strong. Be there for her as a human being if she asks, but protect myself too.
LoveNotWar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »

N/C is one strategy to protect ourselves and give us time to begin the process of self-reflection and healing. Definitely use it if and when you need it. If you KNOW you dont want to get sucked back into the r/s AND you know you may not have the strength to resist your ex's manipulation N/C is a must!

Be strong... .  

LNW
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest