Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 09:51:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a rough day... it's his birthday -- No contact is so difficult  (Read 357 times)
Sunshinegirl3275

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: living together

« on: March 15, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me vent in advance.

I have been NC for two months today and it's his birthday. My heart just wishes he didn't have BPD and I could wish him happy wishes on his b-day, even if we are no longer together.

I have come so far and I will never contact him, but it hurts to think about how I threw him an amazing surprise party last year at this time. We were so happy and gushing about our wedding plans.

I'm sure he will be sharing his special day with the new woman he's in a relationship with now and I shouldn't even be giving this a second thought. I have moved on, but it shocks me sometimes how my mind still wants to be nice to this man when he deserves nothing.

I bet I'm not the only person that feels this way. I'm searching for inner peace today and if that doesn't work, I have a kickboxing class tonight. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
sad but wiser

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:41 PM »

hey sunshine!  Yeah, it stinks that you are able to drum up these remarkably generous feelings for this person who added so much poison into your life, but then can't act on them.  I guess it is part of the general situation - you are a sweet, giving person, but you know the truth and you can't get around it.  Kickboxing - a great solution!
seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »

yeah - the firsts are all hard... .  

what I told myself to help was "there only has to be one first if I can keep on track healing myself".

The day will be over soon enough - hang in there.

SB

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
Sunshinegirl3275

Relationship status: living together

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

Thanks for the support! I have been reading other posts and I really see how far I have come. It feels so good to be free and I am going to focus on that for the rest of my day!

Peace, Love and Happiness 
WT

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

I sort of had the reverse problem that you had.  I've been almost NC with my ex since late Jan (she called me once in Feb) but she emailed me and wished me a happy birthday earlier this month and told me how I deserve to be happy (I should inform you that she left me for another man).  I had to try really hard to not just tell her off.  I ended up just thanking her.  Her birthday is coming up in a few months, so I'm not sure how I'll handle that yet.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest