Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 11:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Break up stay together #2  (Read 349 times)
bruceli

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:28 PM »

"ok so here is currently what I am trying to deal with and figure out. My BPD wife whom I love to death has been making a suggestion that we should separate in order to start dating and become friends again. when I say separate she is suggesting that I move out for a year and pretend that we are not married and that we do not have kids and have a long distance relationship all the while pretend that we just met and go from there. If after a year if everything is going well move back in together."

The following thread above was started by to livin2farnorth earlier today... . Today, at our first T session together... . dBPD/NPDw said the EXACT same thing above almost verbatim to the T!  I almost pooped myself!  So very creepy and eirie I tell you... . One of the MANY sith sense moments I have had with a pwPD... .
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

briefcase
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 18 years, together 20 years, still living together

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »

Hi bruceli,

What did the T have to say about this?  I take it this isn't something you are interested in trying - for the obvious reasons stated in your post! 

bruceli

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:30:07 PM »

To me, this would be the epitomy of a person being co-dependant.  The T was in awe with much of what she was saying.  He kept on looking at me with that What the heck look on his face and smiled alot.  Going to try and get a one on one with him before our next visit.  :)W pretty much used the session trying to convince me and the T that her way is the right and best way, etc, etc.  Pretty much what you see with most of the other posts about sessions others her have with there pwPD.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest