Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wondering what this means  (Read 359 times)
fakename

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 05, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »

so every now and then i come to the site and try to read some posts... . i come to see if there's anywhere i may be able to offer words of encouragement or to let others know ive been through what they're going through... .

... . i usually just end up skimming through a couple sentences and then i get either bored or indifferent and stop reading... .

basically just stop caring... .

wondering what it says about me... .

i used to come to the site daily and read and post a lot, but that was when i needed the help... .

now, i'm wondering if its selfish of me not to give back... . since i got what i wanted/needed, and now i can go off on my own... .

or if its just be keeping my distance cause i dont really care to have involvement with BPD in any way... .

just some thoughts that were going through my mind... .

simplyasiam

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »

maybe that mied on and have grown... . that would be a great thing. i have found so much help here but to be truthful i long to be at a point where i can be away from here for days at a time
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »

Hi Fakename, My suggestion is that you let go of the guilt.  If it feels right to post here, do it; if not, no problem, as there are many others to fill the gap.  Only you know what is right for you.  I took a break from this forum for about two years, during which I went through a separation and divorce from my uBPDexW.  Yet now that the albatross is no longer around my neck, it seems helpful to read and share again, so I'm back.  LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
shieldedheart

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »

I would imagine for every member of this forum, there is a different lesson that you leave with.  You got help and that helped you relax.  Maybe being here was stressful, or just didn't please you at the time.  Everyone will interact and act differently on this site.  As long as at least one person gets help or is helped by being here, that is a step in the right direction.

This board is Zen to me.  The advice on this board has given me actionable items that I can run with in my personal life.  It is amazing to me how many people are in the same boat.

Use this board how you will.  There is no wrong way as long as nobody is intentionally hurting anyone IMHO.
fakename

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »

Thanks for the input guys
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest