Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 06, 2024, 07:43:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a weekend...  (Read 366 times)
Foreverhopefull

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 08, 2013, 06:43:18 AM »

During the weekend I was blacklisted, called a selfish b$%&%h and named worst person that ever lived.

It all started with a fall. dBPDh fell down the stairs friday night and when he screamed for help, I didn't hear him (he was in the basement with the door closed and I was on the 2nd floor, asleep and tv still on). He fell because he was drunk and had taken his medications, so he was too drowsy to be in the stairs safely. I have to say that since he has been suffering of major back pain for 3 weeks, I could not imagine the pain once he was sober.

Saturday, he was in such a mood that I had a hard time trying to care for him, so I left for the day (went to visit a dying uncle 4hrs away from home). Well, he tried to reach me when my cell phone didn't have any service so I became a selfish b$%&%h.

Then we hit sunday, I spent pretty much the whole day home. I told him our niece was playing for the gold medal at 3pm at her tournament and I was going, but if he wanted to come I would wait for him, otherwise I was earlier to sit with my sister. The game was tied 1-1 and went into shootout three times... . a major nail biter game (BTW, my niece's team won gold), so I was not leaving it because it was raining. He got pissed again and that's when I got to be the worst person that has ever lived. I was lucky, about an hour later the whole weekend was erased and forgiven.

I'm proud of the way I acted all weekend... . I pretty much ignored his words and complaints. I reminded myself that if he was healthy, he would have forgiven me for saturday and would have been there cheering and screaming for our niece's game. So his words are nothing but the result of major pain and him not feeling good at all lately.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Auspicious
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »

A relationship with someone who behaves this way is definitely an education ... . an education in how to not let other people define us Smiling (click to insert in post)

Have you read the Lessons?
united for now
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: separated

Talking about solutions create solutions

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »

Sounds like it was a heck of a weekend.

It feels good to detach with love, doesn't it?

Change your perceptions and you change your life.  Nothing changes without changes
briefcase
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 18 years, together 20 years, still living together

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:19 AM »

That does sounds like quite a weekend.  It can be hard when our partners have real medical needs.  Glad your niece's team won!

Foreverhopefull

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:38:33 AM »

What I liked the most was I never felt guilty for detaching myself... . it felt weird, like I was heartless, then I realised it was pure survival mode.

He did mention his feelings about me leaving him, but the conversation was very nice. He gets that for me to hear him complain and bhit about everything and be blamed for everything under the sun is not fun, that the weekends are my only days off, so it's normal not to feel like staying in lockdown at home.

All I responded was that I will continue to leave for a few hours when he acts like that to ensure that things don't blow up.

He agreed with me that it's the best action.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest