Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 10:08:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "insanity" Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. A.E.  (Read 338 times)
sun seeker

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 18, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Hey all

As I sit here typing on my phone,  Hangover... . (rare form) I did have fun though we rode our crotch rockets to the local bar,  laughing & joking & ppl watching with my brother was a nice change of pace , watched some idiot punch a hole in the digital jukebox for no reason it wasn't even on (live music) .  and go to jail.  (I even shagged an old friend last night) stellar evening... .

7 weeks n/c. And  I'm still just as  baffled why I still feel a need to call my xdBPDgf. Or pine for her to contact me. There was no closer, I just walked away a changed all my contact info.  I know she is the worse person for me and no good will come of it. I have not forgotten the horrible ___ she did during our r/s. I almost cracked yesterday I guess I feel the need for more torture.  Cause I know any contact even just seeing a picture of her and the replacement would send me back to the depths.

Why am I having such a tough time getting past this for lack of a better term 'woman"? Thanks for reading any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.  Im glad this board is here with all you wonderful ppl on it.  Well the fair is in town gunna go have some fun today and try and forget about this b.s. for a while.

P.s.

I just want this gut wrenching  feeling to pass. It been a week of feeling this and it has not eased up. i keep busy, i try not to be alone to much. I havnt broke n/c & im doing my best to keeep it that way. 

Sun seeker

Moonie75

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:47:18 AM »

I feel this!

NC can be like an endurance test at times. Good things don't come easy!
overwhelmedandconfused

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »

Sun,

I know the feeling. I have been NC for almost two months after experiencing domestic violence at the hands of my stbxBPDh. I still wonder how he is doing and wanting somewhat to talk to him. I am more concerned to see his mental state, but dont want to open myself back up to that and the hurt again.

The fact that we get so entrenched with these people, it is hard for us to go back to a more 'boring' life, one without constant crisis and someone needing us all the time.

I have found that it is best to stay busy and when in the right place emotionally, to try to process through the feelings that kept us attached and entrenched for so long. It is a long and hard road, but well worth it in the end to have normalcy back. I am experiencing what it is like to be a parent to just my child for the first time in her life, it is GREAT. Learn to enjoy the 'new' you and know that you are a stronger person for having the courage to get out.

-OAC
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest