Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 10:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borderline/Narcissitic?  (Read 568 times)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »

I have a friend who has a degree in psychology and told me that she is stressed and struggling to be a young adult and needs some guidance on how to manage her life.

She needs to find that guidance herself. In a romantic r/s, this complicates matters. Did you need someone to guide you, or did you mostly figure it out on your own, most likely with input from people you respect and trust?

Glad you got a chance to talk (for you). But it sounds like she is looking for a safe landing with you due to she and the other due having problems. Do you think this is respectful behavior, or more like that of a child running back home for safety after smashing the neighbor's windows? The question is, do you respect yourself enough to keep your boundaries strong and clear?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Anomaly1

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »

I should also report that she said why didn't you tell me off? I said because i care and love you.

She ended the conversation with can i text you.

I agree she does and i think when she changes schools. She's going to my college here in the fall. I think things will turn around. Maybe her being away from me will make her think about things.Once she changes jobs.

On the topic of the other guy.I think it's a attention thing.I can't see her liking him more than me. And i told her when we had the conversation the other day that i don't want you doing this because you feel bad for me or you've seen the way other people are seeing me just to cover your butt.  Or doing this just to please yourself.    She said i'm not.You have to trust me.   

Does any of this sound like a personality order? I am going to support her. I don't think she will text me.  I don't want it to just be about me trying to talk to her at work.So everyone can see that she's made me better and such. 
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »

I should also report that she said why didn't you tell me off? I said because i care and love you.

She ended the conversation with can i text you.

I agree she does and i think when she changes schools. She's going to my college here in the fall. I think things will turn around. Maybe her being away from me will make her think about things.Once she changes jobs.

On the topic of the other guy.I think it's a attention thing.I can't see her liking him more than me. And i told her when we had the conversation the other day that i don't want you doing this because you feel bad for me or you've seen the way other people are seeing me just to cover your butt.  Or doing this just to please yourself.    She said i'm not.You have to trust me.   

Does any of this sound like a personality order? I am going to support her. I don't think she will text me.  I don't want it to just be about me trying to talk to her at work.So everyone can see that she's made me better and such. 

All I can say is good luck, A1. PD or not, focus on the behaviors. The communication tools (SET, etc... . ) here are tailored for pwBPD, but they work well on anyone. Keep your boundaries, respect and focus on yourself, and work on those Rescuer traits. There is nothing wrong with being a Rescuer (I'm one, my T admitted to being one). It's when we become enmeshed in a r/s with someone who desperately needs it where we may get lost. Maybe you will be friends later on, probably something more, it sounds like. If not a PD, then sometimes people just need more time to grow up. My 32 year old pwBPD tried desperately to grow up, but I triggered her, and she reverted to teenage behavior. She just couldn't keep it up. Now she needs to fall (again), and perhaps someday the high functioning uBPD mother of my children will get better deep down. On the surface? My problem due to my children. Deep down? 100% her problem. There is nothing more I can or will do for her. But that is me, in a nutshell.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest