Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 08:17:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ex is on fb calling me a psychopath  (Read 913 times)
Hurtbeyondrepair27

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single (1 month)

« on: November 09, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

All his fb friends who do not know him in real life or me for that matter are slandering me. its made public. anyone else deal with this? how do i not let that get to me? is he doing that in hopes ill see? He knows im an empath and has said he has psychopathic tendencies more than once. i never slander him despite allbhe has put me through. also he thinks i broke up with him... .

i didnt. he walked out on me. why does he believe whole heartedly that i broke up with him?

theres even friends of his saying i should kill myself.

DangIthurts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

Victim mentality. Can't control it, don't try if anything you responding will make it worse. Let it be Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Mine is posting stuff "even though relationships end and it feels like your world is ending happiness is coming" "Its so hard to not talk to the person you'd talk to everyday"  "I just need a loving caring dependable BF to ring in the new year with"

Meanwhile I got called a stalker and psycho and never to contact her lmao.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:20:22 PM »

All his fb friends who do not know him in real life or me for that matter are slandering me. its made public. anyone else deal with this? how do i not let that get to me? is he doing that in hopes ill see? He knows im an empath and has said he has psychopathic tendencies more than once. i never slander him despite allbhe has put me through. also he thinks i broke up with him... .

i didnt. he walked out on me. why does he believe whole heartedly that i broke up with him?

It's a smear campaign.

The reason why is because of his anxiety and stress. If he's calling you a psychopath it is distortion and he's projecting his actions and feelings. He can't feel bad for his actions and he needs to attach that to someone else. If his friends are siding with him it shows emotional immaturity, there are two sides to every story. Best way to deal with this is to not engage. Go radio silent. It is intense, actions speak louder than words and this belongs to him. This doesn't belong to you. This will fade away.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
BrokenFamily

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »

They feel hurt and attacked because they deal with emotions like a child would, hurt me (real or not) I'll hurt you back. Emotional pain is a self inflicted wound , if can only cause you grief if you allow it to. My BPD ex calls me every name in the book and the minute I no longer allowed it to bother me it didn't, she also stopped doing it and changed her tactics because she knew it wasn't getting to me anymore. I your a good Apple and you know it and believe it, all the people in the world calling you a banana wont make you one. : )
fred6

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »

HBR, You might need to go ahead and block him and maybe some of his friends. Reading things like that aren't going to help the situation. Much of that is probably projection on his end... .
Recooperating

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »

Im so sorry hurtbeyond! It is so immature and hurtfull, please dont let it get to you!

I've been through many smear campaigns myself. All his actions were projected on to me.

Last week he sent my sister an email telling her I was a lesbian and in need of some serious mental coaching before jumping on to the next guy. Meanwhile he told my sister he was screwing 5 20 something year olds and thats called moving on. Im to blame for everything... .He avoids ladies from my nationality since they are known to sleep around... .

God knows what he's posting on FB. In previous bbreak ups it wasnt pretty so I suspect it aint good whats on there!

He once send a terrible FB message to my best friend with lies about what I had said about her and suggested for us to buy strap-ons cause we were probably sleeping together. She has been my friend for over 15 years and he doesnt understand friendships.

Please dont let this immature juvenile behaviour get to you! its fifth grade nonsense and rise above it please! My dBPDexbf would do this to get a reaction out of me. Negative attention is attention too! As angry and hurt you probably are right now, stay NC! He's pushing your buttons! Dont engage in this stupidity!

Take care hurtbeyond! Stay away from his FB! Nothing but hurt for you there! Focus on you! Know that what ever he's saying, its BS! You know who you are and you're a damn good person!

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »

I dont plan on engaging. at all. i know its not true but i am sure he is counting on my insecurity to kick. if i feel sad and hurt by itbthats clear and obvious im not psychopathic. hes partially gaslighting. a psychopath feels rage and would be wanting to get back. I dont. i feel like i dont know who he is right now. this isnt who he showed me. which tells me he was mirroring me. and what he mirrored was a caribg loving person. im staying strong. he walked out on me. all i told hin was no more recycles. he thinks i dont want anyone se dating him bc i was upset about the dating website. well thats not the case. its bc im upset that he is so in denial about how disorfered he is or just plumb doesnt care! either or... sick. granted it was non of my business and i shouldnt have said anything. i dont deserve this. he has transgressed so many boundaries. i thought i had forgiven him... .but after loving him so hard and chasibg him for a year over this treatment? especially when he knows how badly iv been treated in the past? he was never a friend. a friend wouldnt do this. i have never and will never talk about him on facebook. not to mention publicly i have no ibterest in smearibg his name... even tho -unlike him- the sh* i would he saying is true.

his morals just astound me. we all make mistakes... but he has done this too many times to look at it as a mistake at this point. he is sick.

i hope he can get help... but now i see just how far gone he is.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

Im so sorry hurtbeyond! It is so immature and hurtfull, please dont let it get to you!

I've been through many smear campaigns myself. All his actions were projected on to me.

Last week he sent my sister an email telling her I was a lesbian and in need of some serious mental coaching before jumping on to the next guy. Meanwhile he told my sister he was screwing 5 20 something year olds and thats called moving on. Im to blame for everything... .He avoids ladies from my nationality since they are known to sleep around... .

God knows what he's posting on FB. In previous bbreak ups it wasnt pretty so I suspect it aint good whats on there!

He once send a terrible FB message to my best friend with lies about what I had said about her and suggested for us to buy strap-ons cause we were probably sleeping together. She has been my friend for over 15 years and he doesnt understand friendships.

Please dont let this immature juvenile behaviour get to you! its fifth grade nonsense and rise above it please! My dBPDexbf would do this to get a reaction out of me. Negative attention is attention too! As angry and hurt you probably are right now, stay NC! He's pushing your buttons! Dont engage in this stupidity!

Take care hurtbeyond! Stay away from his FB! Nothing but hurt for you there! Focus on you! Know that what ever he's saying, its BS! You know who you are and you're a damn good person!

funny he once also messaged a friend of mine telling her stuff to make our friendship end. its difficult i think for us nons is bc they expose us to this beautiful side ofbthem.

then when they turn on you its like a completely different person and its traumatizing.

it makes me sick to my stomach. i cant grasp being that cruel. i just cant.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »

It's a smear campaign.

The reason why is because of his anxiety and stress. If he's calling you a psychopath it is distortion and he's projecting his actions and feelings. He can't feel bad for his actions and he needs to attach that to someone else. If his friends are siding with him it shows emotional immaturity, there are two sides to every story. Best way to deal with this is to not engage. Go radio silent. It is intense, actions speak louder than words and this belongs to him. This doesn't belong to you. This will fade away.

his mother also believes i got him addicted to drugs... .hmm wonder where that came from. before we officially broke up his mon hung up on me 3 times! this woman loved me so i was confused! then my BPD ex tells me it wasbhis uncle that told her that bs... .riiiiiight... .LOL

Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 06:14:24 PM »

It's a smear campaign.

his mother also believes i got him addicted to drugs... .hmm wonder where that came from. before we officially broke up his mon hung up on me 3 times! this woman loved me so i was confused! then my BPD ex tells me it wasbhis uncle that told her that bs... .riiiiiight... .LOL

Water seeks it's own level  Being cool (click to insert in post)

My advice. Get off social media until this blows over. Hold your head high. The truth has a way of working it's way out.

Blimblam

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »

I'm sorry

Hb. I had a smear campaign too. But I responded upset and then it confirmed for her and her enablers that I was the problem. I felt crazy too at that point and beat myself up about it.  It is a huge intricate trap and best not to respond in anger.   Sorry ur going through that
myself

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »

My ex posted things against me, too, making it out like she was the victim and would be "free" without me. Probably said more but I blocked her and haven't seen anything else. It hurt that she would do that, but I understood it was another sign she is disordered. Another fact that has kept me from reengaging with her. The people who saw it that we have in common know me well enough to see through it, and the rest don't really matter to me. I, myself, know the truth of it, and that's what's most important. Sticks and stones, right? Best choice is don't play the game. Life goes on. Let it go.
maxen
Retired Staff

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 06:22:46 PM »

hi HBR. this is horrible, and i offer all my sympathy.

you've been given good advice above. i'm glad you've decided not to engage at all. please remember, he has an emotional disorder and anything you do/say will pass through a filter and come out unrecognizable. please, if you can, stay detached totally.

his morals just astound me.

my w's and her family's morals astound me too.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »

Thank you guys so much for the support! i really need it! bpdfamily has been a SAVING grace for me. that is no understatement. i have no interest in responding at all iv been through something like this before and when i respond he gets so nasty i cant even put it into words. i hate it that BPDs make it this way. why do they have to hate us so much and make it nasty? i will never understand it. they are bullies.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »

So i read on here dont play the game a lot. what game is he playing? what does he want from me exactly?

Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »

A strange game. The winning move is not to play.

I'm sorry too Hurtbeyondrepair27 

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »

Well i know he is getting at something bc he made that post on nov 4th. i didnt see it then. this post he sent me on CL missed connections if you havent seen it:

No, I don't love you. not anymore. I stopped loving you long ago, before we broke up but I held on to see if we could fix this. we couldn't. YOU broke up with me then you get mad I'm trying to date? ___ you, I have a right to seek happiness, and the reason you found out I was trying to date is because you were on the same dating site. stop being a hypocrite. I hate you as a person, I think you're a ___ing ___. stop trying to give me ___. there is no love for you anymore, leave me alone -signed time deity.

was made on the 5th. didnt get a reaction so maybe trying again? he signed it as an inside joke between us. he knows i read missed connections everyday like the newspaper. i didnt respond tobthat either. should i expect more?

vortex of confusion

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »

So i read on here dont play the game a lot. what game is he playing? what does he want from me exactly?

He is trying to get a reaction out of you. Most people would be upset by seeing and reading those things. The problem is that if you respond like a normal person and say anything, then he is going to bait you and try to get you to lose your cool and act like a crazy person. If you react and get upset or respond, then that is giving him the satisfaction of still being able to push your buttons. And, it is showing the world just how crazy you are and then he becomes justified in saying whatever he wants because everyone else has seen that you are just a crazy b**ch.

It is a messed up game that I have gotten sucked into before.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

I know i sound like an idiot butbsince i cant relate at all... tell me why does he still want to push my buttons? i have no interest in harming him.  or making him look bad or pushing his buttons.

ia it bc he wants me to still care? ill always care about him. too bad he is too sick to realize that. but just bc i care about him does not mean ill put up with this. i am so done being sh* on ib relationships i am ready for healthy. i am so over this. i literally feel the new chapter coming on.

a little scared. but my gut tells me good things are coming. never felt this way before.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »

Im going to admit something. i found an alternative account on fb that i thought was him... but felt safe bc i didnt know for sure. i emailed it telling him how much i loved him and missed him this was probably 3 weeks nc. thank God it wasnt him bc he does not deserve that from me.

vortex of confusion

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »

I know i sound like an idiot butbsince i cant relate at all... tell me why does he still want to push my buttons? i have no interest in harming him.  or making him look bad or pushing his buttons.

ia it bc he wants me to still care? ill always care about him. too bad he is too sick to realize that. but just bc i care about him does not mean ill put up with this. i am so done being sh* on ib relationships i am ready for healthy. i am so over this. i literally feel the new chapter coming on.

I doubt that he cares if you care. It is mostly about power and control. Some people get some kind of sick and twisted pleasure out of doing those things. I grew up with bat crap crazy and it was not uncommon for different people to do the smear campaign and see who they can get on their side and see what kind of havoc they could create. They feed off of drama. The more drama they can create, the better they feel. At least that is my take on things!

DangIthurts

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »

Not just that but he probably shut people out of his life for you and are now drawing them back in...

my current ex bad mouthed the girls she ran back to (and never saw during our time except during fights) about them not being allowed in our wedding their drug addicts and users... .

Who do you think she blew up on when I criticized them, and who do you think she spends all her time with now and says how amazing besties they are Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) them

Bottom line he's probably trying to establish a support system that you aren't in... .

My girls friends post stuff "oh sweet heart you'll find better" HA! Ain't nobody else up there going to buy her a nicer car than the ceo at her job had  

Bottom line its string pulling for the people watching and as a way to be a victim .
Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »

Oh yes that sounds pretty spot on thinking about it.

he is def trying to be a victim!

and i def see him rounding them up! stupid. im sorry but hes stupid. aaaallll this for no good reason. and over a person who actually cares about him. wow.

all tho i am not sure if i care about him anymore. how can i? im done heing a doormat done caring more than he does. an residual care i had may very well be gone. last straws essentially.

ill have to see once im sone being angry about it. im liking the anger vs the sadness and despair. its easier to let him go. i get why he dwells on it

Infared

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »

My T told me that someone else's opinion of me is "none of my business".  At first I bristled at the suggestion of this. ... but in time as I healed, set healthy boundaries and started to love myself... that started to make sense to me. I just needed to focus on doing the next right thing, and living the best life that I could. People are going to think whatever they are going to think, they are going to say whatever they are going to say... .I have no CONTROL over that... .and if I am going to spend my time going to their media and want to change what they are doing that I am wasting my day, being unhealthy and NOT loving me. I needed to keep the focus on me and move forward... .there is nothing there for me but pain and drama. I don't worry about what others say... I just try to be the best person I can be and show them with my actions who I am... .the rest is out of my hands. For me it's in God's hands... .I sleep a lot better at night now.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »

I know i sound like an idiot butbsince i cant relate at all... tell me why does he still want to push my buttons? i have no interest in harming him.  or making him look bad or pushing his buttons.

a little scared. but my gut tells me good things are coming. never felt this way before.

You're not an idiot Hurtbeyondrepair27. It takes time for the heart to catch up with your head. There was an old term in the 80's and 90's called "tough love" I care for my ex partner because I wish her well. I knowingly remove myself from her network of enablers. You're ex on fb and people that believe your a psychopath. It is emotional immaturity, gullibility in that they may believe this stuff. "My ex is a psychopath?" makes you wonder who believes that. That said " tough love", I remove myself because I care in the hopes that she runs out of enablers one day and gets help. I'm one less. A lot of her dysfunctions continue because friends / family are scared of her, they enable it, look the other way, and she splits black those that stop enabling.

It is not to say, I love this woman, it is to say I have compassion as she is a person with a disorder that drives much of the behavior. She is also the mother of my children.  I let go. Let god. As you say, you feel you're at the threshold for change. It may be scary, often the difficult things in life are worth it.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »

:angel thanks guys. youre right! it isnt my business. i guess it bothers me bc it is public! You know? Talk all the sh* you want. but dont go libel on me! Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) whatever though. im moving on from him the RIGHT way for me. I was ready to love when i ket him and gave it my all. he is faaar from that.

im better off. he doesnt even understand love... and i feel so sorry for him when it comes to that. bc i have given love and i have felt it. and its a beautiful light.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »

My friend looked he is still blocked from social media. i was worried he may have posted nudes bc there is no limit to what he ll do.

so how do i do that? how do i forget about him stop worryibg about his bs... .?

i want him out of my head... .ready to move completely away from his dysfunction.and quite frankly mine. i want to heal i want normal relationships. i dont want to stay in the cycle a borderline does. denying their issues and repeatibg the same mistakes all their life. I am ready to heal now. im ready to change.

im terrified ill always attract people like this. i am dating an extremely nice guy who comes from a great background. and he doesbt have any red flags yet.

We are taking it very slow which is new for me. I cant have this baggage. im ready to love. and in ready to shed my old skin.

Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

im terrified ill always attract people like this. i am dating an extremely nice guy who comes from a great background. and he doesbt have any red flags yet.

Looks like your doing something right and not attracting a PD correct?  I think dating is about having fun I think.

I also think most people carry emotional baggage. Be who you are.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »

Looks like your doing something right and not attracting a PD correct?  I think dating is about having fun I think.

I also think most people carry emotional baggage. Be who you are.

thank you mutt! that hits home. no he is not PD im pretty sure of it! first time ever and im pretty terrified! hes a genuinly good guy with healthy relationships and hes mature! i told myself to just be me. to notbpretejd to be something else... just be me weird wacky deep sometimes serious! and hes really liking me.

im shocked. I feel like this board has played a huge role in that.

i just want to thank everyone who ever takes time out of their day to respond. this stuff is difficult to explain to friends aka people who havent experinced it!

Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »

hes mature!

That's important  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Enjoy yourself.

P.S. I'm thankful too. This place changes you  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest