Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: very big thanks. You are all awesome  (Read 394 times)
Recooperating

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: December 19, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »

Hi family,

Its been 4 months past bu, 3,5 months NC from my dBPDexbf.

I havent been posting a lot, Im more of a "lurker" these days, reading all the stories and questions here. I've been doing ok lately, Im out of the anger stage and leaning towards the next step, indifference with an occasional occurance of sadness. I did accept things for the way they are and there is no desire or interest in ever getting back together. I fully let go of that fairy tale fantasy that wasnt even real in the first place.

I'm entering a group therapy on autonomy in january. 15 weeks, 3 hours a week therapy for codependant women like myself. Im scared, but going in head first with everything I've got!

Now what my original goal of this posts was. I just wanna tell you all how effing couragous you all are! I still cant get over the fact that so many of us went through something so similar! I am still gobsmacked that so many of us have been heartbroken and treated in a way I would not have been able to imagine if I didnt went through the same exact thing! 14 years on and off I let this BS dominate my state of mind and life. Im still young, 34, I've been through a lot of trauma in my younger years, but this BPD experience has been the hardest times so far.

But you know what? We are all still here, we are still standing. May it be struggling, may it be with ups and downs, but here we are, fighting for our health and sanity. Striving to be a better version of ourselfs than yesterday. Doing the hard work, helping each other through rough times and helping each other to grow. We're taking responsibilty and learn from our mistakes. We're stronger then we ever imagined we could be! It really takes gutts!

Just wanted to say thank you family, for helping me through the worst of times, for understanding my pain when no one in my circle could relate. For all the great information on BPD that I needed to understand in able to move on. You guys all rock and each and everyone of you on here is paying it forward.

Thank you family and wishing you the most wonderfull drama-free holidays imaginable!

Recoop
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »

Good news with your group and great attitude  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thank you for the kind words

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
guy4caligirl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »

Good luck to you    Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Pingo

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

That group sounds really interesting!  Keep us updated on how that goes, I'd be interested in something like that!

Wishing you a great and drama-free holiday too, Recooperating!  
HappyNihilist

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »

Great news, Recoop, and thank you so much for sharing with us. 

The group sounds very interesting. Good luck with it, you have a fantastic attitude!  Smiling (click to insert in post) Definitely keep us posted on your journey.

Happy drama-free holidays to you, as well.   

But you know what? We are all still here, we are still standing. May it be struggling, may it be with ups and downs, but here we are, fighting for our health and sanity. Striving to be a better version of ourselfs than yesterday. Doing the hard work, helping each other through rough times and helping each other to grow. We're taking responsibilty and learn from our mistakes. We're stronger then we ever imagined we could be! It really takes gutts!

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest