Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:08:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Popular books with members
Surviving a
Borderline Parent

Emotional Blackmail
Fear, Obligation, and Guilt
When Parents Make
Children Their Partners
Healing the
Shame That Binds You

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm new on here and a little scared  (Read 357 times)
Elizabeta
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:05 AM »

I'm "Elizabeta" and I'm on here because I finally decided to get help in dealing with my mom. You all probably are all familiar with the behaviors of BPD, but it has wrecked havoc in my life. I have felt suicidal having her in my life, and her messed-up behavior dominates our family life. So... .I am finally on here... .

Shankz

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:21:28 AM »

Hi Elizabeta! I'm glad you made it here to this forum. People here will definitely understand what you are going through. BPD is an illness where family support should be involved in order for someone to overcome it.

First, I would like to share that there is hope. When there is hope is a solution. A solution are treatments and psychotherapy. My friend used to have different behavior, she's also a mess. I thought there's no chance for her, thankfully we're very happy we hold on to that single thread of hope. After a successful long-term psychotherapy and group counseling, she have regain her life. She can now manage a good relationship to her husband. She told us before that support from the family is a big help to endure every pain she felt. She learn from Addiction Treatment Center St. Paul MN it's important that family members are giving their trust, support, most of all the love to the patient because they need to feel that they are not alone.

Try to consult from mental health professional to get help. Be patient, everything has its end. Your mom need you most. Hold on, you and your mom can pass this.
Kwamina
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:26:05 AM »

Hi Elizabeta

Welcome to our online community  BPD is a very challenging disorder and I understand how it can really take a toll on people.

I have felt suicidal having her in my life, and her messed-up behavior dominates our family life. So... .I am finally on here... .

Do you still feel suicidal or is this something of the past? Have you ever talked to anyone about these thoughts?

You all probably are all familiar with the behaviors of BPD, but it has wrecked havoc in my life.

What do you find the most difficult behaviors of your mother to deal with? Has she always been like this or would you say your mother changed at a certain point?

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Ziggiddy
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married 10 years

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »

Hi Elizabeta and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have had quite a struggle. Would you be willing to tell us a little more about the 'messed up behaviours' you speak of?

Kwamina is quite right in that BPD takes a toll. it can be quite useful to get things off your chest. If there is a BPDm in the picture, my guess is you might not get to say your own true feelings and be heard all that much.

Is there something specific that is bothering you? The more you share the more we can offer support that will be tailored to what you need.

Hope to hear more about your situation

Ziggiddy

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest