Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 06, 2024, 11:24:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End of the road  (Read 362 times)
hegrid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »

Hi - I've lurked on the board for a while. My wife of 5 years has BPD. We have a 3 year old son. I'm so tired of the accusations, the complaints, the paranoia,  the helplessness. I'm angry and resentful of all the things she's done. I finally reached the point where I don't love her enough to stay anymore. I want to save my son, and save myself from the life I see unfolding for us if we continue to stay.

Of course I wish she would get better, but at the same time it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I just want an out. I'm past the point of fixing her, and I'm ready to separate and divorce on the most favorable terms to myself and my son as possible. That's why I'm here, to learn how to separate and heal.

Thank you
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

tjay933

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »

welcome to the posting side of the site.

I feel for you. 

have you read the book "splitting". I've heard great things about it for those divorcing a pwBPD. it's never an easy decision to make and harder with a child as well. the best thing is to be prepared. have your ducks in a row as it were. expect anything and rejoice in small steps.

we're here for you. 
ColdEthyl

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 2 years

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »

Hello and welcome! I'm sorry it has come down to this for you.     

You might find more help on the leaving board... .this one is generally for those of us staying https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=8.0

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »

Hello, hegrid & Welcome

I'm so sorry for the frustration, sadness and stress you are dealing with, and know just how difficult and painful a relationship with someone with BPD can be... .Especially with a child involved, it's always wise to try to figure out how to do the right thing for everyone. Please check out the links I'm mentioning, below, before posting on the Leaving Board, hegrid... .

I know you are thinking of leaving your wife, but if you are still living with her as Husband and Wife, a great place to start in order to understand her disorder and to figure out how to deal with it is to check out every single link to the right-hand side of this page. The Lessons and the other links will give you a great primer on how your wife's mind works, and what you can do to make things between the 2 of you better--whether you stay or leave, doing that can only benefit your situation, for you and your child (and your wife).

Have you checked out the Feature Articles located under the 4 photos at the top of the Staying Board's thread listing page? Every one of them is perfect for learning what you need right now to figure out what to do and how to do it, and I highly recommend What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship to you to read while you are figuring out your next step.

Since you are still part of this relationship, learning what you can to stop making things worse between the 2 of you--whether you will ever be able to see things get better enough for you to eventually stay or not--will be helpful to not only you and your wife, but also your child 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest